The Falkirk FC Thread

I think Danny Lennon would be a good choice.

Falkirk have been relying on young players for a couple of seasons now, last season we had 5 first team regulars that came through the youth system.For 3 of them it was their first full season.

He has experience in a few different leagues now. Off the park he is a total gent.

His main negative is his eye for a player isn't so great but with Falkirk mostly relying on youth players that isn't much of a problem. The less money he would have to blow the better.

Gary Locke, who has left relegated Hearts, was immediately installed as bookmakers' favourite for the role at Falkirk Stadium ahead of exiting St Mirren manager Danny Lennon, Stephen Aitken, who led League One side Stranraer to the promotion play-offs, and former Dundee United boss Peter Houston, presently scouting for Celtic.

I used to like Houston, but a couple of interviews he did when manager of Dundee United made me think he was a bit of an arrogant dick.

Don't want to see any of these 'candidates' as the next Falkirk manager. Ritchie went a bit left field with the appointment of Gary Holt, no one saw that coming.

Does anyone think that might happen again?

Got 12/1 on Russell Latapy with McBookies. Free money.

I notice that 'someone from Trinidad and Tobago' has applied for the Clyde job !

There was a time when these things just kinda fell into place - when Bannon fucked off Totten was out of work for instance - these days it's harder to call, could be any f'cker !!

I would absolutely love to be involved in the selection process, especially in seeing who applies - I'd also get a mate to stick a few quid on the successful candidate before it's announced :P

Not sure where this "Danny Lennon will work wonders with the youth policy" rubbish. He was forced to play the youngsters he had because his transfer dealings for the older players was so bad. No doubting he's a nice guy, but that isn't going to win you games. Lennon has struggled to make the best of a decent team, I feel he'd do the same for Falkirk.

Oh ffs, no-one's seriously entertaining the thought of Greig McDonald are they? Stirling fans wanted him out until they went on a great run towards the end and somehow won the playoffs. Nowhere near good enough I'm afraid, by a long shot.