The Falkirk FC Thread

@markbeck94: Gutted about how it ended but delighted with my time at Falkirk, met some great people and gained a lot of experience to take into next year

@markbeck94: Thanks to everyone involved, fantastic club to who I wish all the best for next season #FFC

Apologies in advance.

Not sure how it came about but Ned Jnr and I were discussing own goals this morning which resulted in a Google search for this:

Not as bad as I remember ... and it's a bit harsh on Jim that it's pretty much all a decent defender is remembered for.

Is that Alan 'Postman Pat' Lawrence that runs in on Marshall ?

(probably best to turn the volume down <_< )

Please please don't sign Callum Tapping. He's probably not any better than our first choice midfielders plus he's a bellend

If McGovern does end up going, Holts policy of signing a young keeper to let him and Bowman compete for the number 1 jersey ain't the answer IMO

Edited by ToonBairn

Outright odds on Paddy Power

Rangers 1/2

Hearts 4/1

Hibs 4/1

Falkirk 25/1

QoS 50/1

Raith 66/1

Livi 150/1

Dumbarton 250/1

Alloa 400/1

Cowdenbeath 400/1

No very tempting odds there, but fancy Cowdenbeath to do better than predicted.

P.S. Still bitter about how we threw away promotion in 2012 when Dundee replaced Rangers. Sold our best players after the Celtic game and played the rest of the season like it didn't matter. It was fucking obvious there was a chance of the second team going up. We'll be in the Championship for the foreseeable future..

Edited by welshbairn

Why why why the f**k are Rangers strong favourites ahead of the 2 Edinburgh sides?

Why not? They will end up having 3-4 tines more season ticket holders than every other team in the league. They will have a playing budget of around £7m which will be five times bigger than their nearest rival.

They will have a pool of players which will include international players from a number of countries. The thing holding them back IMO is McCoist. His loyalty from their fans has gone now and if they have a poor start they will ditch him.

Hibs are in as much turmoil as them. Hearts won't throw money at their side as they need to pay back their sugar lady first and live within their means.

The best of the rest last season, us, will have a budget similar to last season which was shown to be unable to get us out of the poorest 1st Division ever.

Why not? They will end up having 3-4 tines more season ticket holders than every other team in the league. They will have a playing budget of around £7m which will be five times bigger than their nearest rival.

They will have a pool of players which will include international players from a number of countries. The thing holding them back IMO is McCoist. His loyalty from their fans has gone now and if they have a poor start they will ditch him.

Hibs are in as much turmoil as them. Hearts won't throw money at their side as they need to pay back their sugar lady first and live within their means.

The best of the rest last season, us, will have a budget similar to last season which was shown to be unable to get us out of the poorest 1st Division ever.

I agree

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/blog/club-investigate-use-of-temporary-stand/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Thoughts on this? Don't agree with adding a temporary stand if it still means supporters will be getting punted from the Main Stand anyway... at least for the Sevco games. They have a cheek to talk about minimising disruption to our supporters to then say they'd probably get moved anyway.

IMO, keep the same arrangments that we've had in place for Sevcos last two visits, or put up a temporary stand and give them that and the North Stand, nothing more. I'm all for milking these b*****ds when they come, but giving them 2 stands, plus half of another is taking the piss a bit.

Oh dear.

I was dreading playing Sevco in a league game and having their fans in the main stand.

I know we did it for cup matches twice but they are different as nobody has a ticket for the Sevco end.

Moving season ticket holders isn't going to go down well with those sitting there.