The Falkirk FC Thread

For some reason, after feeling depressed after Saturday at the start of the week, I have started to feel really optimistic about us winning the league. I can't explain it. It will probably disappear at 14:50 tomorrow once I see the starting line up and Beck is in it. I would like to see the team Marshmallo posted tried out.

That lasted long.

I wasn't at the game today but surely that has to be Roberts finished with the club. He's a liability.

Question- Who was the last manager that the Falkirk fans liked?

Yogi.

Question- Who was the last manager that the Falkirk fans liked?

Yogi, and before that Jobby.

I actually liked SP as a person. He worked his socks off, but he massively over elaborated tactics, and was so terrified of every single side we played. He would have settled for a draw in every game regardless of who they were. If a team was above us in the league, SP would rarely come away with a win......in that respect, his track record was utterly dire.

The manager is THE most important person at any football club. Everything revolves around him.

We need to get a grip of that principle and quickly.

The manager is THE most important person at any football club. Everything revolves around him.

We need to get a grip of that principle and quickly.

We should give you the gig seen as you represent the fans. Get one of your other cretins to be your number 2.

Easily pleased IMO with selective memory. Holt has a similar budget to SP that was publicly mentioned when he got the job. The standard of the football on offer is utterly rotten. He was given support in January to improve the squad and it has been squandered

IMO.

We are merely closer to the top of the league this year because there aint a Ross County or a Partick in the league.

Easily pleased ?

My thots like many were play offs, we have had a glimmer of hope above that for short period, but in the back of my mind and many others, we dont have the squad to better the play offs

I dont understand the selective memory, only thing I can think of is I did back Elvis as far as I could like I have done with all our managers, probably with the exception of Lambie, but his negative brand of football had me pulling my hair out and his final seasons tiresome interviews stating exactly the opposite to what I have just watched.

Im sorry for liking Holts honesty and going out to win games and not going into games setting up not to lose....in a league where we shouldnt be looking to do so

My gripes as mentioned was/is his dealing with Roberts attitude and you can add on some of his signings and postions he is playing some players. The latter two happens with the majority of the managers in this league.

We have had an unbeaten 11 game run in the league this season but have hit a sticky patch at the moment which has a lot to do with injuries, suspensions and team tinkering. As I have said, we have a decent 11 who can beat anyone in this league....(feck off Hamilton coonts to come in at this point) but once we sway outside the strong 11 or players in the 11 go off form, we have no back up option.

So are we sitting about right in league position to our squad or are we punching above or lower ?

For me, we are not punching below our weight......but thats my thots on it

Quite a brutal interview from Holt on FTV.

Don't think we will see Roberts playing for us again.

I was expecting more brutal, I suppose the interview suggested Roberts wont play again in the foreseeable future, but again with suspensions that will be the case anyhoo.

The real annoying thing is, there is a player in there but he is a mentalist and not a good one at that and we do miss him in a strange way. The recent QOS home game, we didnt kick a ball till he came on, but the real fecker is we have him signed for 2 years, which I suppose is the way to do it, if you feel potential is there as we had our hands burnt with the Farid scenario and corrected with Taylor and continued the 2 year thing on

I was gonna suggest making him train with the kids and send him to a psychologist. I suppose he already trains with the kids but he does need some head doctor to help him if he is ever to wear a FFC jersey again

We should give you the gig seen as you represent the fans. Get one of your other cretins to be your number 2.

Sorry to be pedantic but I don't represent the fans. I am Chairman of FSS who have a rep on the Board.

It would be so much easier if you get your facts right.

Sorry to be pedantic but I don't represent the fans. I am Chairman of FSS who have a rep on the Board.

It would be so much easier if you get your facts right.

If all these so called supporters groups spent as much time supporting the club than they do bringing negativity to it, we would be so much better off.

If all these so called supporters groups spent as much time supporting the club than they do bringing negativity to it, we would be so much better off.

Oh its the old FSS fault one again. I am sure I heard that deflection from the truth at the AGM too!!

The 60k+ FSS has put into the club in 10 years as well as bringing 300 new shareholders in 2010 with over 90k investment (and one who put in 20k on their own on top of that) is negative? The sharesave scheme which brings in cash is negative?

When did FSS as an organisation last say something negative? It takes it's lead from what it's members say. FSS may only represent 150 people or so but that is 149 more than every other Board member with much more financial input to the club than others on the Board.

So called "fans" as you would no doubt class them in the survey last year gave a clear message. Nearly 1000 filled it in and 70% were unhappy with the way the club was being run. Supporters Groups told everyone what they needed to say did they? What would the result be of that survey today? Do you think the number would improve? Or would that be all FSS fault too?

Amazing when FSS say nothing they get stick. We are now even getting stick for being negative when we say nothing!! How does that work?

If you are happy with the current plight, fine by me and you are entitled to your opinion just as those who are not are entitled to that too.

Personally I think we have been rank rotten for the majority of the season. I will still go though, support the club in my own way in the background rather than tell the world.

I desperately want us to go up this year. However my head tells me we have blown it.

Oh its the old FSS fault one again. I am sure I heard that deflection from the truth at the AGM too!!

The 60k+ FSS has put into the club in 10 years as well as bringing 300 new shareholders in 2010 with over 90k investment (and one who put in 20k on their own on top of that) is negative? The sharesave scheme which brings in cash is negative?

When did FSS as an organisation last say something negative? It takes it's lead from what it's members say. FSS may only represent 150 people or so but that is 149 more than every other Board member with much more financial input to the club than others on the Board.

So called "fans" as you would no doubt class them in the survey last year gave a clear message. Nearly 1000 filled it in and 70% were unhappy with the way the club was being run. Supporters Groups told everyone what they needed to say did they? What would the result be of that survey today? Do you think the number would improve? Or would that be all FSS fault too?

Amazing when FSS say nothing they get stick. We are now even getting stick for being negative when we say nothing!! How does that work?

If you are happy with the current plight, fine by me and you are entitled to your opinion just as those who are not are entitled to that too.

Personally I think we have been rank rotten for the majority of the season. I will still go though, support the club in my own way in the background rather than tell the world.

I desperately want us to go up this year. However my head tells me we have blown it.

Our current plight? We're 9 points off top, not suffering from genocide in Rwanda. Get a grip.

Our current plight? We're 9 points off top, not suffering from genocide in Rwanda. Get a grip.

If you compare the club now to five years ago we are a shadow in comparison. We are now having season losing records to the likes of Dumbarton, Alloa and Hamilton.

Long gone are the days of winning 5-1 at Tannadice, pushing for top six and Europe.