The Falkirk FC Thread

Well after today's performance I think that strengthens the case of a Celtic Sevco bias in the SFA. Chalmers was like a rabbit caught in the headlights. I will never know why he was picked ahead of Kingsley or any other decent left back. The contrast in his ability was plain to see in front of us again today. At least Holt admitted his mistake and gave him the hook in the first half. I couldn't imagine Pressley doing the same.

I'm not overly impressed with Beck either. At least he managed to actually win a few headers today. But some of his running on to balls played through to him was laughable. If it wasn't for the fact he gives a wee bit aerial presence then he would be nowhere the team.

Anyway I don't want to sound a doom merchant we dug out a great result today and I'm right behind the team and management.

Well after today's performance I think that strengthens the case of a Celtic Sevco bias in the SFA. Chalmers was like a rabbit caught in the headlights. I will never know why he was picked ahead of Kingsley or any other decent left back. The contrast in his ability was plain to see in front of us again today. At least Holt admitted his mistake and gave him the hook in the first half. I couldn't imagine Pressley doing the same.

I'm not overly impressed with Beck either. At least he managed to actually win a few headers today. But some of his running on to balls played through to him was laughable. If it wasn't for the fact he gives a wee bit aerial presence then he would be nowhere the team.

Anyway I don't want to sound a doom merchant we dug out a great result today and I'm right behind the team and management.

Beck got two assists today and done what we need him to do... yes he may not be the quickest or have the best shot but thats what Loy and Roberts are for hes there to do like you said challenge defenders in the air, hold the ball up front or a flick on header to Loy or Roberts

Well, we may have seen the benefit today, but I have to say that the long ball to target man game is not my cup of tea.

Personally I would like to see Alston back in for Beck with Roberts through the middle with Loy.

Well, we may have seen the benefit today, but I have to say that the long ball to target man game is not my cup of tea.

Personally I would like to see Alston back in for Beck with Roberts through the middle with Loy.

I suspect we'll see Holt persist with Beck, but with either Alston or Sibbald in for Chalmers. Beck adds a bit defensively from set pieces which helps.

LadiesDayFooter.jpg

:lol:

Strange thing is thought that, from that photie, Sibbs is built like a brick shit hoose and Connor like a skelf yet few win a physical battle with McGrandles while Sibbs is generally quite easily knocked off the ball. (Although I do feel he's getting stronger all the time)

See Vidic has agreed to play in Spain next year. Bet Johnnie Flynn will sleep better knowing his place in the Falkirk Team is safe for another season!

Unless Inter Milan draw Real Sociedad in the Europa League I'd say that's unlikely tbh.

Strange thing is thought that, from that photie, Sibbs is built like a brick shit hoose and Connor like a skelf yet few win a physical battle with McGrandles while Sibbs is generally quite easily knocked off the ball. (Although I do feel he's getting stronger all the time)

McGrandles is like the gable end of a fag paper!