The Falkirk FC Thread

what difference does part time make in this league? there isnt much difference between the part and full time teams in terms of money or ability. look at morton for example of a full time team. I actualy dont mind watchin us this season compared to the last 2. yes we still lack imagination, lack any kind of a plan b but we can take teams apart when were doing well. so we might stutter a bit and loose a few games but we were fucking diabolical every game last season. These things take time.

What is the alternative realy? we cant realy afford any experienced manager. holt is doing alright for his first season. oh and dont bother with this shite about ritchie trying to kill the club and how we shouldnt have wasted all that money 7 year ago. we are where we are and need to deal with it.

why dont we go back to being part-time then? even the thought of it would have martin ritchie moist.as has been pointed out often we can only (occasionally) beat cowden out the lot of them. lets go back to part time & get ken eadie up front again

we have players on 200-500 a week with one or 2 on a little more. beside training more often than part timers there isnt much else. alot of these part time diddys (which you lot are suggesting they are indeed diddy no hopers) have played full time in there younger days and at a higher level than our young boys have. its a league of 10 teams with 4 part time teams in it. it should be such a suprise that they are able to beat us. and others in this league aswell (hamilton 2 week ago)

And for those of you who are so convinced that ritchie wants to kill falkirk???? please at least come up with some motive for this? is he lining his own pockets or is it just cause hes realy a big dirty hu n ?

ONE D IN DOOM

WE HATE FALKIRK MORE THAN YOU

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

FWIW I think Sibbald has bulked up a bit and is more competitive now than before although this is possibly just a natural development. He's like Jay Fulton and Ryan Flynn before them though in that he looks like he's playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Just doesn't look like he's enjoying himself and looks very short on confidence.

Found the soccer am showboat video from 10/4/2010,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRs0tfXZSo

but...

"This video contains content from SACEM, WMG, UEFA and Sony ATV Publishing, one or more of whom have blocked it on copyright grounds."

Clicky

Starts a 1:43. The pitch is awful but the goal is orgasmic.

The manager was given the opportunity to freshen up the team in January. To me he looks like he has completely wasted the surprise opportunity. Why bring in a loanee left back when we have the best left back in the league? Why not use it to bring in a real creative player?

It shows how far we have gone back. Two wins out of seven against PT teams this season and those were against Cowdenbeath. We haven't beaten Alloa or Dumbarton in five attempts! Add to that losing to traditionally seaside league teams like QOS it is feeling like us going back thirty years.

The club needs a shake up quickly before it is too late.

I said at the time, Id have liked to have a midfielder in to replace the outgoing Fulton. Take yesterday, no Alston and we dont have cover

I reckon tho Holt wouldve had a hard job getting players in due to budgets and who is available to us on that budget and that he obviously doesnt have serious tie links with Norwich or Aston Villa......

We have to perhaps be honest and see that we have some really gifted kids and they havent and wont be consistent over the season. Kingsley leading the way at high standard throughout, Vaulks and McGrandles have had off days next in, but the Roberts, Alston, Sibbald and Duffies are more down in form over the period than up.

Yes we all want to win and aim as high as possible, but for the first time probably ever, it maybe more beneficial for us to stay in the championship. If the Pars do make it, crowds will be well up and the competition levels will be decent unlike the stale SPL.

Im not sitting here singing the we'll support you evermore aka losers song, its just that I would dread being in the SPL again at the moment in that its dire and we would struggle without serious investment.

Get the Pars up, give us Ross County, get rid of Hamilton and we will have some real tasty league here next season.....

nah not for me, the first devision can be as good as it wants next year we are a sporting club and as such should be trying to win as much as possible and that means pushing for promotion

I agree but Mr Dust is right about going up with this team and a lack of serious investment. Our BOD's will probably think the "next batch" will push on and make the grade.

I want to win the league but the thought of being pumped every week instead of every second week scares me.

nah not for me, the first devision can be as good as it wants next year we are a sporting club and as such should be trying to win as much as possible and that means pushing for promotion

Main goal is always to better yourself....but I think we had a little glimmer of hope then John Brown got sacked....!!!

We also wouldve had have the Roberts, Sibbalds and Duffies to have their A or even B games till end of season and obviously others on their games too within a small squad which in reality isnt strong enough.

The SPL tho has no real clamber for me to get there tho, the product is poor and we would be aiming for probably 10th or 11th with our squad and if you think crowds are dipping now, try a season of getting pumped in the SPL especially after Christmas.

Dont get me wrong, Id take winning something anyday of the week....but I think Id have regret afterwards......... :huh:

Best team ive seen play against us, however if ye cant beat the rest of the shite you wont win the league, i remember only disco duck ( might not even be a name) who agreed. I dont think my team will win the league either. We are bollox

There is a lot of bollox in the league now tho......

We are good on our day, we were good yesterday for 45mins, 2nd 45mins were were poor, suppose it tends to be the thing with younger players not showing real consistency....

Its Dundee's to lose now, Hartley will have you more organised than the pub manager/Rangers Social manager which will see you through to top spot

Completely and utterly out of the blue I know, but having never been fully aware of what was going on at the time, what was the actual situation with Compton and Pressley? Because he got dropped, then got a second chance by being given the captaincy in a friendly, then was dropped out of it completely and was never seen again. No idea why I'm asking but what happened?

I see the club are introducing a ladies day with shirtless butlers.

They'll be pissed off when Wee Bubbles and some of the other lardos that feed off the club turn up in their dicky boes.

Lol

Think he's more annoyed with the reactionary support, such as yesterday McGrandles misplaces a pass and you hear abuse towards the player. I use McGrandles as an example rather than a Sibbald or Duffie as he has been one of our most consistent, top players and it's ridiculous that he should receive the "you're shite, get him subbed" abuse.

I await the ^^ McGrandles Dad/Brother

Other than that I think when we are performing well the support is right behind the team.

Edited by Falkirk-Bairn22