The Falkirk FC Thread

Thought at the time our two signings were great business, cover in defence and attack was certainly our weak areas. Problem seems to be Holt now feels the need to shoehorn them in, last week against Qots there was no need to drop Johnny Flynn and then a formation change this week to accommodate Beck. Despite us not being on top form a few weeks before the new arrivals we never looked like losing, change was not necessary.

Still don't think the titles lost, two 1-0 wins for Dundee against 9 and 10 men respectively doesn't fill me with fear.

Thought at the time our two signings were great business, cover in defence and attack was certainly our weak areas. Problem seems to be Holt now feels the need to shoehorn them in, last week against Qots there was no need to drop Johnny Flynn and then a formation change this week to accommodate Beck. Despite us not being on top form a few weeks before the new arrivals we never looked like losing, change was not necessary.

Still don't think the titles lost, two 1-0 wins for Dundee against 9 and 10 men respectively doesn't fill me with fear.

This for me. Important to get back to winning ways next week.

Start of the season I would have taken third, we are third so not to bothered.

Think we will end up third or fourth. As said before Holt is reactive and not proActive which is his main fault but he's not been a manager for a year yet so that will come in time.

One more signing required.

Only a couple of weeks ago some Falkirk fans were giving it the big 'we are'.

Now the tear's are in full flow.

Dundee will win this league now Bomber is away.

Quite possibly. Enjoy it, yous put up with a lot of shite under that twat Brown so the fans deserve better.

It would appear that not only are you a bad loser, but a bad winner as well.

Not many Falkirk fans expected us to win the league - the vast majority have been expecting Dundee to win the league.

Just think how far clear you would be if you actually turned up against us...

Another season of mediocrity it would appear. We just aren't as good as people would like to think we are. 2 wins in 7 against part-time teams - not good enough. 11 match unbeaten run - where, if we are all being honest, we rode our luck on plenty of occasions. This league is utterly, utterly woeful in terms of quality and I highly doubt we have the quality, depth or maturity to come back from this now. We need a new strategy to take our club forward, because blindly putting our faith in youngsters and hoping they turn out good ; which in people like McGrandles case, they have, but there are people like Sibbald who is just going backwards.

I think we know that if they are good enough, then they will be sold. Of the team today, no doubt we will get money from McGrandles and Kingsley.........maybe Vaulks too. Duffie is no longer good enough even for this humble level. Alston obviously doesn't do it for Holt. As for the rest, we have the triers like Loy, but then we have the misfits like Roberts. It is working less and less as a collective unit, and while no-one in this league could claim to have any more than three or four decent players, some do seem to have built a group more willing to fight for one another. When we win, the players see that as fine and dandy. Crucially, when we get beat, we have a few that see that as being fine and dandy too, and it's that wee group of three or four who will keep us as a mid table second tier team.

Another season of mediocrity it would appear. We just aren't as good as people would like to think we are. 2 wins in 7 against part-time teams - not good enough. 11 match unbeaten run - where, if we are all being honest, we rode our luck on plenty of occasions. This league is utterly, utterly woeful in terms of quality and I highly doubt we have the quality, depth or maturity to come back from this now. We need a new strategy to take our club forward, because blindly putting our faith in youngsters and hoping they turn out good ; which in people like McGrandles case, they have, but there are people like Sibbald who is just going backwards.

This has been the case for 3-4 years now but were doing significantly better than last season and some people forget that every bad result has fucking dicks on line calling for managers heads. stop throwing tantrums and support youre team. we dont have a right to beat the dross. we are dross ouselves . not barcalona get fucking real!

falkirk fans can be rediculously critical. also they seem to have this reflex to loosing that goes cough splutter f**k the manager the board want to kill the club they all support rangers any way. they are not the same fans who jam it into you when we won. they are the ones who go very quiet when were on form

my spelling is pish, i know

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

The manager was given the opportunity to freshen up the team in January. To me he looks like he has completely wasted the surprise opportunity. Why bring in a loanee left back when we have the best left back in the league? Why not use it to bring in a real creative player?

It shows how far we have gone back. Two wins out of seven against PT teams this season and those were against Cowdenbeath. We haven't beaten Alloa or Dumbarton in five attempts! Add to that losing to traditionally seaside league teams like QOS it is feeling like us going back thirty years.

The club needs a shake up quickly before it is too late.

If you don't apply yourself against any team then you'll win hee haw.

That's regardless of who you play against.

It's up to the manager to put the team on the park that will apply themselves properly.

Unfortunately Holt is playing 2 of the biggest cowards in Roberts and Sibbald and a burnt out Duffie.

Edited by Crawford Baptie

With regards to Duffie, he will have played 150 games by the end of this season. When you consider that he came in near the end of our final season in the SPL as a 17 year old and has been an almost ever present in 4 seasons since.

He had no soft intro to the team, he was flung in.

Edited by Crawford Baptie

The manager was given the opportunity to freshen up the team in January. To me he looks like he has completely wasted the surprise opportunity. Why bring in a loanee left back when we have the best left back in the league? Why not use it to bring in a real creative player?

It shows how far we have gone back. Two wins out of seven against PT teams this season and those were against Cowdenbeath. We haven't beaten Alloa or Dumbarton in five attempts! Add to that losing to traditionally seaside league teams like QOS it is feeling like us going back thirty years.

The club needs a shake up quickly before it is too late.

what difference does part time make in this league? there isnt much difference between the part and full time teams in terms of money or ability. look at morton for example of a full time team. I actualy dont mind watchin us this season compared to the last 2. yes we still lack imagination, lack any kind of a plan b but we can take teams apart when were doing well. so we might stutter a bit and loose a few games but we were fucking diabolical every game last season. These things take time.

What is the alternative realy? we cant realy afford any experienced manager. holt is doing alright for his first season. oh and dont bother with this shite about ritchie trying to kill the club and how we shouldnt have wasted all that money 7 year ago. we are where we are and need to deal with it.

I can't believe the moaning. Yes yesterday was brutal but we're six points off the top which is the closest we've been since we've come down.

Maybe we aren't paying any of Chalmers's wages? I agree it seems like a very weird signing and we needed more creativity.

I've said it before though - Craig Sibbald needs to step up and take more responsibility on the ball. I get the impression he's just doing enough every week not to get dropped which is frustrating given his obvious potential. He should be the one creating chances and dictating the game but it's just neat little sideways passes. Instead of looking at his mate Vaulks getting a trial at Blackburn or Fulton going to Swansea and using it as inspiration to improve, I get the impression he feels like it's just a matter of time till he's next.