The Falkirk FC Thread

He seemed a nice enough guy but I didn't shed a tear when he left. Good luck to him tonight though.

It was a big moment for FFC to get the right person in and I'm still not sure if we have. That said, you can't argue with where we are and what we have done so far this season. The board do need to bloody back him though. This league will ruin us if we don't get out of it soon.

A win tomorrow and I actually think we could continue this momentus run for some time.

Pressley was and still is a total arsewipe. Genuinely jumped in joy when I found out that he'd finally buggered off. Still 2 years late in my opinion, but we got rid of him all the same.

The signings of Farid, Taylor and Higginbotham covered up to an extent how utterly pish some of his signings were. I accept some managers get it wrong on occasion, but Marr? Chris Smith? Deuchar? Haworth? Khalis? Johnny Flynn? Leahy? Bringing Pedro back for a third time when he was quite clearly done? He more than signed his fair amount of shite.

Add on top of that all the rhetoric he came out with in the press which bigged himself up to be something he quite evidently wasn't, and when trying to mentally undermine opponents he usually achieved the opposite by embarrassing himself and the club that employed him. In his time at the club, bar a great six months, the football that was served up was fucking soul-destroying. Something that also irks me is he takes the credit for the youth development as some kind of master stoke that he himself planned; when actually it came about because of him being a completely incompetent manager.

As others have said, I don't care if he goes onto win the Champions League in his managerial career, the fact is he was brutal for us and is not missed.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

I thought Hughes divided opinion amongst Falkirk fans.

Pressley really is a whole new level.

Any thoughts on Holt being 1 of our greatest ever managers?

The comment in the record? It was probably taken right out of context, can't see him saying that in all seriousness.

"Aggression in the stadium" - when was this?

"Giving youngsters a chance" - this was forced on him because of his failure, when he had money to spend he used it on guys like Kenny Deuchar, Andy Haworth etc etc

Seems I'm boring people so I'll stop. People should not forget the damage he did to the club though, regardless of how much spin he puts on it.

I'll put it this way I have enjoyed this season far more than any since we got relegated gary holt plays attacking football recently it has benn working pressley set teams out not to get beat & then told me in his press conferences we were brilliant..we were shite most of the time playing negative pish..what should have happened on our relegation was getting BOB to f**k it was obvious to everyone he couldn't play the quarterback role ..I'm cringing at even saying that..we now have a new team from mostly academy boys who are locals mcgrandles Kingsley sibbald etc who I think all have a future in the game...to me mcgrandles is the star of this side and has everything a modern midfielder needs & I can't believe he hasn't been touted for a move

I'll put it this way I have enjoyed this season far more than any since we got relegated gary holt plays attacking football recently it has benn working pressley set teams out not to get beat & then told me in his press conferences we were brilliant..we were shite most of the time playing negative pish..what should have happened on our relegation was getting BOB to f**k it was obvious to everyone he couldn't play the quarterback role ..I'm cringing at even saying that..we now have a new team from mostly academy boys who are locals mcgrandles Kingsley sibbald etc who I think all have a future in the game...to me mcgrandles is the star of this side and has everything a modern midfielder needs & I can't believe he hasn't been touted for a move

Whilst I'm not Pressley's biggest fan, all three academy players you name came into the first team under his stewardship.

I don't think we could have afforded to sack BoB.

I agree we are better to watch this season, but a lot of that is the young players having a couple of years experience - combined with bringing back Millar. Who originally signed him for the club?

What the f**k was with the bread anyway? Welfare handouts or had the Hovis van crashed?

Looked good today though guys, play-offs be a disappointment now?

For me, playoff are expected - even though they have been really bad against us, I expect Dundee to win it.

Whilst I'm not Pressley's biggest fan, all three academy players you name came into the first team under his stewardship.

I don't think we could have afforded to sack BoB.

I agree we are better to watch this season, but a lot of that is the young players having a couple of years experience - combined with bringing back Millar. Who originally signed him for the club?

Yes you are right pressley signed Mark millar along with Jason marr I think we all remember the game where cardle ripped him a new arsehole...he also brought a young Tom grant into the side...I'm not saying he done nothing for us but you must surely agree he compared to what you are watching this season prelssley was a more negative manager than holt.