The Falkirk FC Thread

Re our strikers...

I remember reading a thread on DundeeMad after the game at Dens, wanting to sign Roberts...others nominating him for the 'player you secretly admire' on another thread. Lets not foget he is only 19. Yes, inconsistent, frustrating, lazy, I could go on. But the lad does have ability, in the first away game @ Livi, here he is scoring a perfect hattrick

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/livitv/falkirk240813/livitv.php

As for Loy, as mentioned 11 goals this season - one less than McDonald. He even scored 2 against you earlier in the season at TFS.

When you compare the striking tally's of McDonald (12), Beattie (4) & Monti (1) to Loy (11), Roberts (5) & Shepherd (1) we're pretty evenly matched.

Are you really going to write them off after one game? I realise they aren't exactly Farid or Taylor quality, but they aren't quite as toothless as you are making out.

As for Faulds I did wonder why he seemed to burst on to the scene suddenly and then disappear in to the U20's for a full season. Decent technical ability and scored a peach against Raith Rovers, just needs to keep his head down and work hard. As for McGeever...hopefully someone gives him a boot up the arse if he needs it.

There was only a squad of around 20 which went up north for our pre season tour and McGeever wasn't one of them. If he wasn't required by the club that weekend he was quite entitled to go to TITP. And he wasn't the only one

Days gone by, the players not playing would travel and support their teammates whether it was a friendly or not.

I remember going to Pre Season games down South and standing with players in the crowd.

No, now we watch Roberts and Loy. The novelty of two up front.

Mind you, there's the rumour of the previous seasons division top scorer returning?

Bring on the Claw!

Edited by kiddy

If one of our players leaves for a decent amount of money whats the chances of our board giving holt money to try and win the league its a win/win if we don't get promoted we will have sevco and hearts in the league and possibly even dunfermline and killie.

If one of our players leaves for a decent amount of money whats the chances of our board giving holt money to try and win the league its a win/win if we don't get promoted we will have sevco and hearts in the league and possibly even dunfermline and killie.

No chance whatsoever. The wages freed up will be available but that'll be it.