The Falkirk FC Thread

Lets be honest though. When Holt goes whenever it may be Richie is going to give it to Crawford or someone just as inexperienced. Holt will come good IMO though.

I think he will. He if nothing else has them working alot harder and isnt up his own arse like pressley was/is. I dont think the board have been great.They are mostly trying to amend mistakes made 5-6 years ago but i dont hear any alternates being put forward and i dread to think what state the club would be in if some of these sour faced posters had their way. The fact people gret like f**k about the plastic pitch just tells you all you need to know. 500 large which should be paid in 5 years. OH BUT THATS MONEY FROM THE PLAYING BUDGET!!! pish! the state of the sandpit last year would have ment spending a fortune re laying of the summer and every season after that and then there was the undersoil heating that didnt even work properly.

concerts were a f**k up but not a bad idea in themselves. everycunt in an armchair seems to know how to run a football clun these days.

Rant over

I think he will. He if nothing else has them working alot harder and isnt up his own arse like pressley was/is. I dont think the board have been great.They are mostly trying to amend mistakes made 5-6 years ago but i dont hear any alternates being put forward and i dread to think what state the club would be in if some of these sour faced posters had their way. The fact people gret like f**k about the plastic pitch just tells you all you need to know. 500 large which should be paid in 5 years. OH BUT THATS MONEY FROM THE PLAYING BUDGET!!! pish! the state of the sandpit last year would have ment spending a fortune re laying of the summer and every season after that and then there was the undersoil heating that didnt even work properly.

concerts were a f**k up but not a bad idea in themselves. everycunt in an armchair seems to know how to run a football clun these days.

Rant over

I know a guy who was well in at Kilmarnock, paying big bucks in sponsorship etc. There's a boycot of sorts going on there now because of decisions that the chairman, Michael Johnston's, been making and the general f**k up that the board's been making, the sacking of Shields being the biggest complaint. The bloke I know, along with many others, has withdrawn his sponsorship and is actually pleased when Killie get beat because he reckons that's bringing Johnston's departure closer.

Brought a wee smile to my face last night watching Sportscene when I saw Johnston sitting in the stand with none other than George Craig sitting next to him! Complete with club tie too!!

I know a guy who was well in at Kilmarnock, paying big bucks in sponsorship etc. There's a boycot of sorts going on there now because of decisions that the chairman, Michael Johnston's, been making and the general f**k up that the board's been making, the sacking of Shields being the biggest complaint. The bloke I know, along with many others, has withdrawn his sponsorship and is actually pleased when Killie get beat because he reckons that's bringing Johnston's departure closer.

Brought a wee smile to my face last night watching Sportscene when I saw Johnston sitting in the stand with none other than George Craig sitting next to him! Complete with club tie too!!

I ohnestly coundt see that working here. the fact we've already lost 2000 odd fans (thats neerly 2 thirds of our current gate) for most league matches in the last 5 seasons what would a boycot do now?if our crowds dropped to say 1500 or less i don't think the board would walk. rather they would go into panic mode. move towards part time football, sell any player. close the academy or maybe even administration.

I don't know about fan ownership in our case. too many confilcting ideas. i'd like to see us having a decent size stake in the club but a majority shareholder should be someone who knows what they're doing. I know they have got it wrong in the past. they had wild dreams about short term top 6 finishes with old expensive players which wouldnt give us much of a return. now surely even they know that isnt the way to go. maybe they can learn from mistakes and what we are witnessing now is a long road back to being a regular spl side.

I always try to remeber that we are not that a big club and we are not too good to be mid table in this devision. Inverness and st johnstone do very well for their size and well done to them for it. considering our wider urban area is the 5th biggest in scotland with well over 100 thousand, support from within the town is frankly woefull. when i was young alot of others were interested in the OF. but now they aren't even the least of our worries when a large number of youngsters are simply not interested in scottish football at all. So if we cannot get people through the gates we must start looking at how you can be succesfull with crowds between 3000-5000

I dont think our season is over after 2 defeats in the league. and i do think we are heading in the right direction but there doesnt seem to be much patience and understanding left for many falkirk fans

The lack of patience is understandable. Look at the competition in this league. Quite frankly, a Falkirk or a Dundee NOT being competitive for anything more than one season in ten is plain daft. We are now in our 4th season of being nowhere close. We've watched Dunfermline Partick and Ross County all walk away with the league, and we've been beaten into second place by Dundee, Raith and Morton. Now it looks as if Hamilton are going to be the latest to waltz past us. That leaves only the bombscares at Livingston (who are now plummeting towards three figure attendances) as the one 'full time" club not to do us over..........and they came very close to achieving it last season. It was only averted on the final day.Given that Dundee are the only club that betters us in terms of revenue, then there's got to be something deeply wrong with our structure that is leading to this cycle of failure year after year after year.

George Craig in a Killie club tie eh? Yep, absolutely no doubt that they've got a chairman who doesn't have a clue. It will all end in tears (again).

Edited by Guest

Falkirk's biggest problem is over-extending themselves into areas which they have absolutely no business in. The concert promotion over the summer was a prime example of this. Three events in three days when it was plain from the bookings that no one had a clue what their market was like or any concept of scale. 33 full time players is another example of this. It looks like we are scaling it back a bit but the key revenue stream (ie supporters) has been hugely diminished. We should focus on establing a FOOTBALL TEAM in the top flight before we try to become a huge conglomerate. Motherwell (of recent years anyway), St Johnstone and Inverness CT should be the blueprint.

Apropos of nothing, I thought I'd share a picture I got sent today of my two grandsons. I know it's nothing to do with the team, the manager, the board or the pitch, but I just wanted to show off. Their mum's a Weegie, but I claimed them before the blue & green bhigots in her family could :)

2qurwb5.jpg

Can someone explain how these concerts failed?

keep reading that they were a disaster but i honestly dont know how that can happen.

Ask yourself why Inverness, Hibs and Aberdeen all had 1 gig and never did it again?

These things just don't make huge returns or every club would do them.

I also notice the new helix park has a 12,000 capacity gig space so I assume they are now in direct competition with us.

Ask yourself why Inverness, Hibs and Aberdeen all had 1 gig and never did it again?

These things just don't make huge returns or every club would do them.

I also notice the new helix park has a 12,000 capacity gig space so I assume they are now in direct competition with us.

That'll be a 12k capacity gig space, just like in front of Callendar House.

Can someone explain how these concerts failed?

keep reading that they were a disaster but i honestly dont know how that can happen.

Ronan Keating Friday nite one was the reason given at recent meeting. The tickets for this one obviously were not selling, I dont know if they overspent in promotion for it closer to the date, but there was adverts everywhere solely for it on either radio or press, then there was groupon and a.nother site offering 2 for the price of 1 for the event. The 80s one and Status Quo, seemingly sold well enough, not close to sell out but at least reached targets

I personally think it can be a money earner either if its done like the Elton gigs, where we were simply the venue getting a percentage of ticket money and the drink, parking monies. This takes the risk out of it, where if it flops, we still get revenue and no loss. If we cant or dont go down that route, I think to that 2 gigs over a weekend is a safer option and the acts must be correct, but thats the hard part..... current boyband, tour like the current reunion tv show ones that are selling out or Eltonesque type performer. I suppose we have Elton management to give references to entice those acts, but with the Hydro opening and so many festivals in the summer, its a hard thing to make a success.

If it fuks up again next summer, then we will probably see the Falkirk Rocks business go bust and no more gigs

Edited by MrDust

I have friend who is auctioning signed tops for Strathcarron hospice.

Note I have been given, whilst I was worse for wear in Portree states

Blair Alston home 12/13 - signed replica

Farid El Alagui 11/12 - no mention of original or replica

Robert Olejnik - cup final 2009 original

Anthony Stokes - - signed replica

Scott Flinders - no notes but I will guess is original

2x Jack Compton signed and original

Ive asked re authentication and update on Farid top etc, waiting for word back

If interested, pop me a message and I will forward your details on to lass who is doing it......

I will update info as I get it also

and i do think we are heading in the right direction

That has to be debateable. If you look at the model of Inverness, that's nothing like Falkirk's direction.

I don't see how Falkirk's current model can ever gain the success ICT have had.

I have friend who is auctioning signed tops for Strathcarron hospice.

Note I have been given, whilst I was worse for wear in Portree states

Blair Alston home 12/13 - signed replica

Farid El Alagui 11/12 - no mention of original or replica

Robert Olejnik - cup final 2009 original

Anthony Stokes - - signed replica

Scott Flinders - no notes but I will guess is original

2x Jack Compton signed and original

Ive asked re authentication and update on Farid top etc, waiting for word back

If interested, pop me a message and I will forward your details on to lass who is doing it......

I will update info as I get it also

Ive tried to message you mate but not working.