The Falkirk FC Thread

On the SFL website that Andy Barrowman has been training with you guys this week and is possibly making an appeaance vs Clyde tomorrow in the cup as a trialist. This is on the "Match Preview" section of tomorrow's match.

Barrowfuckingman. GTF.

Barrowmans one of these players that seems to float about clubs doing very little but still getting signed as one manager after another thinks they can get something out of him. Hes had one decent season in the second and since then his scoring record has been average at best even at the shoddy level of the first division. Will be disappointed if hes the best we can get.

He has admitted that he trained with us on Thursday & Friday though...

Interesting to see we have no trialists in the squad for today. We finished our spending spree with a grand total of two players?

Line up: McGovern, Duffie, Turnbull, Durojaiye, Vaulks, Kingsley, McGrandles, Leahy,Roberts, Fulton, Alston

Subs: Grant, Sibbald, Martin, Greene, Bowman

Edited by TheFalkirkBairn

Im sure Gary Hay played holding centre mid too for Killie....

Ollie is still only 19, not played any real game play at all, so we dont know what we are going to get from him this season. The problem with 35+ year old players, is you hope they can have an indian summer kind of season and really fit in, the real danger is injuries with players that age

According to Gary, Garry isn't training with you.

According to sky sports we have agreed a deal to sign Rory Loy.

This looks to be a very poor signing IMO as I said earlier in the thread, his record everywhere he's been has been very poor and I've never personally seen him have a good game at any point in his career. Hopefully he turns out to be a success though and we can only judge him on what he does for Falkirk.

One thing I will say is, at least we've brought in a couple of strikers to replace Taylor. If Loy and Roberts can get 25-30 between them they'll have done well, and I think there's goals in a midfield containing three of Alston, Sibbs, McGrandles and Grant.

This looks to be a very poor signing IMO as I said earlier in the thread, his record everywhere he's been has been very poor and I've never personally seen him have a good game at any point in his career. Hopefully he turns out to be a success though and we can only judge him on what he does for Falkirk.

One thing I will say is, at least we've brought in a couple of strikers to replace Taylor. If Loy and Roberts can get 25-30 between them they'll have done well, and I think there's goals in a midfield containing three of Alston, Sibbs, McGrandles and Grant.

I thought Loy and Roberts looked dangerous together in the Dunfermline game, does seem to have had a few seious injuries which at this level can be a big risk. Atleast he's not Andy Barrowman!