The Falkirk FC Thread

:wub:

That save in Inverness. :wub:

What is Darren Dodds like? He's being linked with us? Could he do a job at second division level?

Also is Chris Smith being kept on? I know a lot of Falkirk fans don't rate him but never seen him on the list of players leaving

Re: Dods - The only thing he's missing is a bit of pace or he'd still be good enough for us. Yes, he could easily do a job for you.

No, Chris Smith is absolutely not being kept on.

Edited by RobBairn1876

What is Darren Dodds like? He's being linked with us? Could he do a job at second division level?

Also is Chris Smith being kept on? I know a lot of Falkirk fans don't rate him but never seen him on the list of players leaving

He could easily do a job in the Second Division. You can tell that he used to be a good defender in his prime - the head wants to do what the legs cannot. His positional sense is good and he wins most headers, which turns him into a formidable goal threat at set pieces. But as all his pace is gone, he's been late on a few challenges and I remember in one game against Livingston, Iain Russell had roasted him for pace, so he just bear hugged him to stop him getting past. Deservedly got a second yellow. His organisational skills are good and you can always hear him barking orders at his team mates. Good captain material.

I heard a rumour that Holt wants to assess Smith in pre-season :unsure2: I think the amount of flak that he got was undeserved compared to the comparatively little for Johnny Flynn. Now that Smith's gone it's exposed Flynn a lot more as being the useless sod he is. Smith is a competent enough player for lower league football, his aerial presence is exceptional and he's got a knack for just getting rid of the ball, something our other players aren't too great at. But if we truly have title ambitions for next season, we must be able to be better, surely.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm sure Dods will do a job if he does sign. As for Chris Smith, I know a lot of you guys don't rate him but I'd take him back in a heartbeat

I think he's good at what he's used to, which is tackling hard and punting the ball. This however did not suit our style of play and he suffered as a result, as he was being asked to play out of defence.

Amazing to think 10 years ago today was the last game at Brockville, I remember it as if it was yesterday. That season was the first that my Dad started taking me to games.

The first thing I do when I win the lottery is buying that site back off Morrisons and rebuilding the old bitch.

Re Dods - As above, would easily do a job in the second division

Re Smith - As above, is absolutely not being kept on as he is rank

And you think we could afford him, why? Also, Holt has said we won't be signing players with a long list of clubs to their name.

Cause he will be on mega bucks being a League 2 teams back-up striker? Holt did say that, but has since said he thinks we could do with a bit of experience.

Edit to add, watched an interview with Duffy taken from a couple of months back,and he said he'd constantly been banging on the managers door asking for a loan move. Think he would just appreciate the chance to play every week again to be honest.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Girona are currently second in the Spanish Segunda with Mallo captaining them. 2 points clear of 3rd with 5 games to go. As it stands Mallo could be back in La Liga where he belongs next season. In a World Cup year too...

Girona are currently second in the Spanish Segunda with Mallo captaining them. 2 points clear of 3rd with 5 games to go. As it stands Mallo could be back in La Liga where he belongs next season. In a World Cup year too...

Casillas is out of favour at Real Madrid. Just saying!

with some of the saves in that video, i'd say hes better than valdes and Reina so he could be a 3rd choice GK

with some of the saves in that video, i'd say hes better than valdes and Reina so he could be a 3rd choice GK

He's better than any keeper in world football, he should be first choice.

Fellow falkirk fans, what do you want to happen today? Forfar win, we all laugh at Dunfermline in the 2nd division, or, Dunfermline stay up with a shite team next season and we bitch slap them 4 times a bit like this season?