The Falkirk FC Thread

Can only assume this means the end for David Weatherston too.

I like Weatherston but again, there's probably better out there. The fitness is the biggest issue with him as well. I think he covered more ground than any Falkirk player in any game I've ever seen when we beat Dundee Utd on penalties at Tannadice last season so I'll always remember the guy for that if he does go.

Higgins always put in the effort and was perhaps unlucky with injuries but I've got to say I wouldn't have kept him on for next season. There will be a better player than that out there.

I thought he was a good foil for Taylor, Higgins played some terrific through balls for him.

Having said that, if it means that Holt can find a place for Alston, Fulton and Sibbald in a band of three behind the striker, I wouldn't be too disappointed. If Falkirk had someone like Mark Millar again to cover Murdoch, I'd tout Falkirk for the title next season.

I thought he was a good foil for Taylor, Higgins played some terrific through balls for him.

Having said that, if it means that Holt can find a place for Alston, Fulton and Sibbald in a band of three behind the striker, I wouldn't be too disappointed. If Falkirk had someone like Mark Millar again to cover Murdoch, I'd tout Falkirk for the title next season.

Ideally we'd go with Fulton next to Murdoch and Grant-Sibbald-Alston in behind the striker, with McGrandles as an option as well. Plenty strength in depth in that area with the players we have signed up which is another reason why I'd have let Higgins and Weatherston leave.

I'll probably get laughed at and this will be quoted, but Fulton to me should be playing in an almost Michael Carrick role.

I'd maybe have kept Higgins but other than that in happy enough with the rest being punted though I was hoping as well we'd be able to get rid of Bowman and Faulds.

Glad we've signed Vaulks up been really impressed with him so far. Would like to see him given a chance in midfield really think he'd do a job in there.

Edit:

Did Chris Smith sign for Ayr was he only on loan? Just realised he was missing from the list.

Edited by Russ

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6449&Itemid=320

We have signed a 20 year old defender from Norwich.

Dale Fulton and Flannigan away as well. Vaulks signs a new contract. Its the right decision releasing those who are away. I don't think Higgins or Fulton were good enough, age is catching up with Dods and Weatherston is too injury prone.