The Falkirk FC Thread

From the sound of the Airdrie match interview I think Alex Smith is still going to be part of the backroom staff when the new manager comes in. When he was talking about the Robbie Neilson signing he says "Hopefully we will be able to sign him up next season", i'm probably just thinking too much into it :lol:

Edited by Falkirk-Bairn22

He's right though, it's in our best interests. Problem is it really makes f**k all difference to the clubs that would make up the bottom 14 of the 18 team lowest tier, there really is very little to get them on board. It only really is aimed at SPL2 type clubs, and if the 12-12-18 doesn't go through, an SPL2 is exactly what we'll get, with no change in governance.

Anyone know who the last 3 are?

One of them better be Latapy.

As for Neilson signing, what's the point? Seriously? 7 games left in the season (hopefully 8...), why sign another player now? I'd love to have him for next season, but signing him now just seems like wasting a wage. I've been meaning to ask too, where's this Flannigan character we signed last month? What the f**k was the point in that one?

Smith was suggesting that Neilson might sign on for next season too. Whether that be a direct replacement for Dods or perhaps for Chris Smith remains to be seen.

I suggested a wee while back that he'd be an ideal replacement for Dods. Dods is done now, if he's still playing next season it hopefully won't be with us.

He's right though, it's in our best interests. Problem is it really makes f**k all difference to the clubs that would make up the bottom 14 of the 18 team lowest tier, there really is very little to get them on board. It only really is aimed at SPL2 type clubs, and if the 12-12-18 doesn't go through, an SPL2 is exactly what we'll get, with no change in governance.

I can understand clubs who expect to be in Div2 next season voting against cos they want the double Sevco gates, and clubs in Div3 who have spent for a chance of the play offs, but who else? The SFL sides are beginning to look as greedy and short term thinking as the SPL.