The Falkirk FC Thread

5 more goals for Lyle, and he's hit the 30 mark. Who was the last FFC player to do that in 1 season?

As far as I know, no player has beat 30 goals in a season.

Think the record is 29 by E Morrison almost a century ago.

So why isn't Lyle getting the adulation Farid got. Is it down to the poor football on display or is it down to he doesn't have an exotic name and a wacky character?

I think its a bit of both plus Farid was a bit mental, getting stuck into defenders. Also the fact many Falkirk fans thought we might be relegated last season, Farid came along, got the fans actually interested in football again, geeing up the crowd at every opertunity and maybe the magic pound coin story got everyone talking about him too.

I actually think Taylor is a more all rounder, where as Farid was more of a threat in the air. Taylor could be a bit better in the air for me, but if he was im sure he wouldnt be at falkirk for very long. Taylor is faster, more skill and more composure.

So why isn't Lyle getting the adulation Farid got. Is it down to the poor football on display or is it down to he doesn't have an exotic name and a wacky character?

Farid is a better player and the "wacky character" definitely helped. He also had the game against Rangers early which helped make him a hero very quickly. Taylor hasn't really had a standout game. Plus, Farid came in at a time when every player we'd had had no charisma and they were entirely faceless. Taylor is following Farid so doesn't look as good by comparison. IMO of course.

I actually think Taylor is a more all rounder, where as Farid was more of a threat in the air. Taylor could be a bit better in the air for me, but if he was im sure he wouldnt be at falkirk for very long. Taylor is faster, more skill and more composure.

Taylor is definitely a better finisher and he's faster. He's the best goalscorer we've had since Stokes. Farid is a better all round player though.

Farid always came over at the end of the game to thank the fans personally. That coupled with the fact that FARID FARID FARID was easy to chant probably meant he developed a bond with the fans more quickly.

I have enjoyed watching Taylor immensely this season though and we desperately need a proper chant for the lad - he deserves a good move down south too. Hopefully we can get some decent cash for him

Farid is a better player and the "wacky character" definitely helped. He also had the game against Rangers early which helped make him a hero very quickly. Taylor hasn't really had a standout game. Plus, Farid came in at a time when every player we'd had had no charisma and they were entirely faceless. Taylor is following Farid so doesn't look as good by comparison. IMO of course.

Taylor is definitely a better finisher and he's faster. He's the best goalscorer we've had since Stokes. Farid is a better all round player though.

Not so sure about that. The 2 are hard to compare: Farid was one of the best back-to-goal strikers in Scotland on his day, and absolutely unbeatable in the air; whereas Taylor is fast, direct, skilful, a better finisher and you can't argue with the fact that he's a better goalscorer. Neither of the 2 are 'complete' strikers as Farid could have been much better on the ball (it's not his game, I know, and I'm not slating him by any means, what a guy) and Taylor still has to improve in the air. Overall though I'd say Taylor is a better all round striker, but Farid is the better guy.

Edited by RobBairn1876

Taylor's more of a one man band, partly due to the way we play now. TBH he can sometimes come over as a bit of a fanny on the pitch although that's not as bad as it was at first. For about the first dozen or so games he seemed to pick up an injury, limping about the pitch for a few minutes in each game when I doubt there was anything wrong with him. There were plenty of other petulant incidents too. As I say though he seems to be toning that side of his game down.

Farid was more of a team player for me, again partly down to the way we played. Duffie for example is much less effective now because he doesn't have the cross to the striker available to him and he generally runs out of ideas now when he gets forward.

I think that it's fairly obvious that Lyle's a better footballer although I'm not entirely convinced that he's a better finisher. I think Farid was possibly more composed in front of goal and I haven't seen a striker as good as that in the air in all of the many years that I've followed Falkirk - just brilliant!

We all know too just how well Farid clicked with the fans. He genuinley did love playing for us and it was all great at the time. I just hope he gets over the terrible injury that he's had and gets back playing again soon.

We can only wonder and dream of what their combined strike force would have done. It would have been absolutely awesome!!

On a final note - what the feck are we going to do without Lyle next season?? Doesn't bear thinking about!

Spend the million pound transfer fee we get for him on a better striker?

Quite, Archie Campbell or Peter McDonald maybe?

Cue Morton fan coming on here shouting the odds about how, although you're being sarcastic, both of those players are better than Lyle Taylor because they're in the best team in the league.