The Falkirk FC Thread

Wouldn't surprise me if they employed another coach.

Upgrade Pressley's version of Microsoft Office to Powerpoint 2010 first I reckon, before the next AGM.

Edited by H_B

This fee will justify Ritchie and Pressley's strategy in bringing through young players. I expect a ten year contract to be signed in due course ;)

On a serious point, that must be close to a million brought in, in transfer fees. Where did it all go? I appreciate Wallace and Higgy fees may have been performance/appearance related.

If we ha d tried to sell Stewart how much do you think we would have reasonably got? £20K at most?

Hilarious. I expect an appeal.

as top scorer in the division we should have been expecting to get roughly 100 grand for him...we would all have been going mental at that time had we sold him for 20. what i dont get about all this is that they couldnt have been given legal advice that they had a 100% tight case & we have been publicly bemoaning our finances for 2 years at least...so why didnt they offer us 50k to settle this at any time since he signed for them...i guarantee we would have bitten their hand off. i can only presume they took an arrogant view dismissing us as diddies & thought FIFA would go along with it. For once the authorities have backed the diddies & for that we should all be grateful

If we ha d tried to sell Stewart how much do you think we would have reasonably got? £20K at most?

Hilarious. I expect an appeal.

I wondered if this was a shot across the bows of clubs like Bradford who presumably failed to bother their arse to offer Falkirk a fee and tried to be fly c***s, hoping we would go away.

Stupid thing is, if they had offered us 20K at the time I'm sure the matter would have gone away and we'd have been pleased with the money.

That'll learn ya.

This fee will justify Ritchie and Pressley's strategy in bringing through young players. I expect a ten year contract to be signed in due course ;)On a serious point, that must be close to a million brought in, in transfer fees. Where did it all go? I appreciate Wallace and Higgy fees may have been performance/appearance related.

Well, you've answered your own question. We haven't had it all yet. From memory we got something like £300k for Wallace and £200k + for Higgy. A good bit more to come for Wallace in due course providing he manages to jump through whatever hoops were put in place at the time.

Well, you've answered your own question. We haven't had it all yet. From memory we got something like £300k for Wallace and £200k + for Higgy. A good bit more to come for Wallace in due course providing he manages to jump through whatever hoops were put in place at the time.

125k for Higgy I believe. Makes the 210k for Stewart all the crazier!

I'm sure at the time falkirk asked Bradford for £75k and they would drop the case altogether and nothing more would be said about it. So probably 50k would have seen us drop the case cos we are so skint.

Bradford told falkirk to f**k off so it went all the way, Bradford chairman must be spewing he didn't accept this!

Can't help but feel that the fee might have more than a little bit to do with Bradford's stance throughout the whole affair. When you start mixing it with the game's governing bodies, they effectively have a mandate to do what they will. In this case, they will be well aware of Bradford's circumstances, and on this occasion, it looks very much as though hey have given them a bit of a slap.