The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm fairly sure our stadium announcer made similar jokes at half-time recently - it may even have been the Falkirk game! You have my sympathies, it's light-hearted banter and nothing more. I hope Thistle decide to troll the fuckers and they are referred to as Sevco/Newco at the half-time scores forever more. In fact, going one further, I hope the next time we play them we really rub their noses in shit with the Sevco references in the programmes, on the club website etc.

It's a minor thing, but if it causes even a few of the more fucktarded supporters to choke on their big macs in mock righteous indignation then its worth it.

A farcical decision.

Half time at Firhill for the Falkirk game our announcer stated `Peterhead. 2 Sevco 5088. 2. A laugh, a giggle and that was pretty much it.

At least the Falkirk lad can cite precedence.

Martin Ritchie's reply...

I'm afraid what is harmles banter to some is not acceptable to others.

Why did we take action over Saturday's announcement? First, as a member of the SFA we must abide by SFA rules. What was said could land us with a hefty fine. Second, our primary duty at matches is safety. We cannot antagonise a potentially volatile opposing support. (As a final aside, the visit to Ibrox next week should mean that instead of telling Steven Pressley to sell a player, we will be able to allow him to sign one. So we want a fullhouse at Ibrox!)

I hope you understand why we had to move swiftly and take appropriate action. I would now like us to focus on our team and what we do on the pitch.

Regards

Martin Ritchie

If it is true that we would have landed a fine then I imagine there was some sense in the decision, but Ritchie is c*nt.

Not having a go at you but seriously, in what way was the announcement actionable. In what circumstances could the SFA have fined Falkirk for this announcement?

Guest Kincardine

So, you want out club dead - but also want to complain when supporters of our club hand the shite back?

laugh.gif

Oh fly your double standards high..

War-on-Error.jpg

Oh f**k right off. It was a wee bloke on a tannoy - it wasn't the Arab/Israeli war.

I remember when we could take a joke and used to point and laugh at The Sensitive Ones for being so precious. Just grow a pair, eh?

Oh f**k right off. It was a wee bloke on a tannoy - it wasn't the Arab/Israeli war.

I remember when we could take a joke and used to point and laugh at The Sensitive Ones for being so precious. Just grow a pair, eh?

Well said. Seems a few of your support don't get banter....

I'd love to know what rule the poor guy broke to be honest it must be a brand new one. If that reply has indeed come from martin ritchie then he's an even bigger arsehole than i thought he was. Time to step down martin and get someone who has a clue in as chairman.

To be honest, I think I'm getting pretty close to having had it. I've missed the first two games due to my daughter being born. Usually missing two games would leave me champing at the bit but I just cannot be bothered and feel no inclination to go back. Maybe that will change over the next few weeks, we shall see.

This, well sums up both our club and the shambles of Scottish football. I've

already given up on away games and instead going down to watch Newcastle a

couple of times a season, the only thing stopping me giving up on the home games

is because I was mad enough to buy a season ticket. As for the "Sevco" incident,

I had a giggle to myself and never thought any more about it, after all that is

there business name I believe? The only way is down for Scottish Football with

the ugly sisters are still domintating the game which won't change in the

near future :(

Guest Kincardine

Well said. Seems a few of your support don't get banter....

We all have to get a sense of proportion. What 'The Falkirk Tannoy 1' said must be seen as 'fair comment'.

The good thing about P&B is that I haven't seen one single Bear calling for his jotters. (maybe I am wrong there but I hope not).

Martin Ritchie's reply...

I'm afraid what is harmles banter to some is not acceptable to others.

Why did we take action over Saturday's announcement? First, as a member of the SFA we must abide by SFA rules. What was said could land us with a hefty fine. Second, our primary duty at matches is safety. We cannot antagonise a potentially volatile opposing support. (As a final aside, the visit to Ibrox next week should mean that instead of telling Steven Pressley to sell a player, we will be able to allow him to sign one. So we want a fullhouse at Ibrox!)

I hope you understand why we had to move swiftly and take appropriate action. I would now like us to focus on our team and what we do on the pitch.

Regards

Martin Ritchie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuqry9SMjQM&feature=fvwrel

Edited by kiddy

We all have to get a sense of proportion. What 'The Falkirk Tannoy 1' said must be seen as 'fair comment'.

The good thing about P&B is that I haven't seen one single Bear calling for his jotters. (maybe I am wrong there but I hope not).

Forever Blue has...