The Falkirk FC Thread

The whole principle of this is that the Club, however it voted, see the football authorities as more important than their own fans. They were scared to say anything that might piss them off, but were prepared to divide the support for two weeks and still have.

Nah, I don't agree with that at all. It's not football authorities they see as more important than the fans. It's money. It's always been about money. In the SPL the board, guys like Ritchie said the square root of f**k all about reconstruction. The gravy train was rolling on by and they were delighted to jump on and go for a first class seat. They are opportunistic chancers.

If they voted yes, they did so because they tried to grasp at an opportunity to raise the club income nearer SPL levels. I don't really blame them for that to be honest - it must be a headache running Falkirk at the moment, hoping a player sale comes along every year, or it could be soft loan time again. They fucked it badly, along with Hughes, May and Pressley - now Falkirk are mired in Division One and are just praying to find that golden season where they can win the league. Not a hugely attractive position for a board.

I'm not really sure why they haven't just come out and said how they voted. They've read the mood of the fans wrong. Had they issued a QoS statement, no one would still be talking about it and it would be in the past. It's been very stupid. And cowardly really.

As for Bairnstrust, they could have done nothing at all about the vote. No one expects them to be able to influence a board decision, and that's how it should be. They are a very minority shareholder. It's the age old question though - do you try and stay within an organisation that treats yuo with contempt and "change it from within", however unlikely that is, or do you retain some principles and say "I'm not going to be your patsy - GTF". I'd choose the latter, but then, I don't play well with others.

To be honest, I think the most disgusting thing about the whole affair is this shabby attempt to pretend this vote was in any way secret or confidential, and implicitly have a pop at clubs with good communication lines to their fans who detailed how they voted and why.

Shameful stuff from Ritchie.

Nah, I don't agree with that at all. It's not football authorities they see as more important than the fans. It's money. It's always been about money. In the SPL the board, guys like Ritchie said the square root of f**k all about reconstruction. The gravy train was rolling on by and they were delighted to jump on and go for a first class seat. They are opportunistic chancers.

If they voted yes, they did so because they tried to grasp at an opportunity to raise the club income nearer SPL levels. I don't really blame them for that to be honest - it must be a headache running Falkirk at the moment, hoping a player sale comes along every year, or it could be soft loan time again. They fucked it badly, along with Hughes, May and Pressley - now Falkirk are mired in Division One and are just praying to find that golden season where they can win the league. Not a hugely attractive position for a board.

I'm not really sure why they haven't just come out and said how they voted. They've read the mood of the fans wrong. Had they issued a QoS statement, no one would still be talking about it and it would be in the past. It's been very stupid. And cowardly really.

As for Bairnstrust, they could have done nothing at all about the vote. No one expects them to be able to influence a board decision, and that's how it should be. They are a very minority shareholder. It's the age old question though - do you try and stay within an organisation that treats yuo with contempt and "change it from within", however unlikely that is, or do you retain some principles and say "I'm not going to be your patsy - GTF". I'd choose the latter, but then, I don't play well with others.

I actually meant cash with the bit about the authorities. I find the should they or shouldn't they arguement about the Trust very difficult. In some ways if they were really strong walking away would be very powerful. As they only have 3.5% of the shares and a bad reputation from the past I think a lot of fans would be happy. I think their best tactic now is to say to the fans. Right the only way we can get a bigger voice is for you to back it and invest in their sharesave scheme and we get a shareholding that stops them being treated like patseys. The club have put them is a terrible position which is unforgiveable.

Edited by Back Post Misses

The same scenario applies to majority of the SPL clubs, perhaps not fully this season but next when Sky wont renew the tv deal.....

We now seem to be in a decent cash flow situation helped with the league cup semi and players sales of last season and I reckon we have now got our budgets into place that we dont require to sell a player each year to break even. I am sure lessons have been learnt over the last few years with SPL wages players in div 1, large paypackets within the club too, no employment tribunals costing six figures and no pushin our budget over the limit in January as we probably did every season bar last for the last 5 yr or so

The Academy tho is now beginning to reap rewards, something I remember you wanted scrapped when you supported Falkirk. If we have a productive season this year, I feel Duffie maybe the next to move on and on the showings against Bolton with a mere youth team for 30-40 mins, we do have few others that will step in and shine this year and onwards

The business model 2011 we have at Falkirk has it flaws but seems to be on the right track......can you say that about the majority of the SPL clubs if there is no Sky deal......???

Coz yes means more pain......

Over 300 unique votes since last night, please keep them coming. All are fairly close in terms of votes thus far.

Poll will close on 1st August.

Thanks

Thanks to all who have voted so far, over 400 unique fans, those that have`nt have only 2 days left to cast your vote.

Voting has been very close, to make sure your favourite retro shirt wins, please cast your vote at the link on the official website.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6037&Itemid=320

As at midnight 30th July:

1990`s Hummel Away Shirt (White) - 142 votes

1980`s Pinstripe (Navy) - 127 votes

1970`s Centenary Shirt (Navy) - 106 votes

1960`s Half/Half (Navy & White) - 27 votes

Own the original 90's Hummel top so hoping the Pinstripe wins this, it's a cracker.

I used to have the 70's Centenary one when I was a wean, the material was the most itchy, uncomfy fabric known to man

Hopefully the Pinstripe one wins and they keep the 'Coasters' logo on it

Thanks to all who have voted so far, over 400 unique fans, those that have`nt have only 2 days left to cast your vote.

Voting has been very close, to make sure your favourite retro shirt wins, please cast your vote at the link on the official website.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6037&Itemid=320

As at midnight 30th July:

1990`s Hummel Away Shirt (White) - 142 votes

1980`s Pinstripe (Navy) - 127 votes

1970`s Centenary Shirt (Navy) - 106 votes

1960`s Half/Half (Navy & White) - 27 votes

Massive amount of votes made today, voting closes at midnight tonight.

Thanks

1343641148[/url]' post='6479981']

Would be a shame if the Hummell white top gets the nod considering the home version was the choice last time. I wouldn't have even had it as an option for this set of votes to be honest.

Pinstripes!

I'd have left it out too but I suppose the club are only interested in which one sells the most. That one has always been popular amongst fans.

Good Morning

3 new items added to the Official FFC eBay Store;

* Be a Matchday Mascot v Rangers (Ramsdens Cup)

* Signed 2012/13 Home shirt by 1st team squad

* Signed 2012/13 Away shirt by 1st team squad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ffcshop/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Thanks for looking and supporting Falkirk FC

Retail Team