The Falkirk FC Thread

I know this is difficult for you because of your clearly limited intellect, but:

1) What promise did your board keep?, and

2) What promise did Alloa's board not keep?

There aren't any "hints" (:lol: ) on how you voted.

BTW, "hints" is plural, so it's "There are"...

It one of the great things about a free society that illiteracy doesn't prevent you taking part in a public forum.

huh.gif I think its you who is finding it difficult to keep up and understand the adult conversation:

1) To remain part of the secret ballot voting system along with other 29 clubs who were included in the SFL vote, something that very few SFL clubs have broken.

2) And then the opposite, they broke the promise to keep the vote a secret.

Pointing out a dyslexics spelling/grammar mistakes might make you feel better about the whole thing though smile.gif.

Deflection from the rosy situation at my club? Aye, very good. We're skint, Falkirk are skint, Rovers are skint etc, etc. I don't think many of us support sides that are drowning in a pool of cash. We've got lots more debt but luckily it's owed to the owner of the club who knows he'll never see it again.

Back on topic however, at least my club didn't treat the fans with absolute disdain and bend over for Newco with the hope of receiving the 20 pieces of silver promised by a shower of liars. If Falkirk didn't either, let's here the person that voted tell us so. If he did, let's hear the reasoning behind it and why he thought it such a good idea despite the fact that the vote was obviously going to be "no".

huh.gif I think its you who is finding it difficult to keep up and understand the adult conversation:

1) To remain part of the secret ballot voting system along with other 29 clubs who were included in the SFL vote, something that very few SFL clubs have broken.

2) And then the opposite, they broke the promise to keep the vote a secret.

Yet there were no actual "promises" involved. :blink:

Pointing out a dyslexics spelling/grammar mistakes might make you feel better about the whole thing though smile.gif.

Always. :)

Deflection from the rosy situation at my club? Aye, very good. We're skint, Falkirk are skint, Rovers are skint etc, etc. I don't think many of us support sides that are drowning in a pool of cash. We've got lots more debt but luckily it's owed to the owner of the club who knows he'll never see it again.

Back on topic however, at least my club didn't treat the fans with absolute disdain and bend over for Newco with the hope of receiving the 20 pieces of silver promised by a shower of liars. If Falkirk didn't either, let's here the person that voted tell us so. If he did, let's hear the reasoning behind it and why he thought it such a good idea despite the fact that the vote was obviously going to be "no".

Dunfermline are more skint than others, the first season away from the SPL will show you that, especially with the players who are still at the club who will be on fairly decent chunked wages. Will be interesting to see the financial records for next year after that, if it wasn't for us essentially playing a lot of under 19 players and finding a gem of a striker we could have gone done the shitter. But after 2 big money transfers last year, with many promising players coming through our academy still, can only look positive for the future. The less said about your clubs future for the moment, the better.

Falkirk haven't bent over for them either so I don't see why we have been abysmally treated? As I said in another post, the board have maintained a secret that all of 30 SFL clubs should have when they voted. If anything they gave us subtle hints as to what way we've voted, telling the fans, whilst maintaining the trust from other clubs. Maintaining this trust with the SFL and its clubs chairman can go a long way into entering negotiations to form reconstruction for the leagues, something Falkirk have always wanted regardless of Sevco.

We are skint, no doubting that but the club are cutting back - hence why we punted a lot of last season's squad - but the players who remain won't be on astronomical wages. This was partly why we struggled so badly last season, as we simply couldn't afford to sign better players on bigger wages. As DA-go has pointed out, the majority of clubs in the league are skint. Some will be slightly more skint than others.

As for the FFC statement, if the Pars had issued a statement of that ilk, I'd be disappointed. An assertive statement would, in my opinion, have been of far more benefit to the supporters.

Two weeks we waited for that comment - two weeks !!

And as much as they are still saying absolutely hee-haw I reckon that if they'd put that out straight away people would have possibly interpreted it as a hint at a NO vote and thought nothing of it !

As it is, well, it smells of a YES doesn't it !?

I've backed the board a few times on here when most Falkirk fans were baying for blood - mostly because I think I can see the grey when most folk could only see the black and white - it's a tough job that not a lot of folk would take on, and for the most part they're doing a good job but they've pissed me off big style with this one dry.gif

and hey - I know quite a few folk don't give a f'ck how we voted - good for you - the aim of this 'secret' vote was to allow folk to vote without being influenced by others and also to allow boards to hide if they made the stupid f'kin decision - a general election is a secret vote but you can still say how the chuff you voted !

whether you care how we voted or not the club don't give two-hoots about how we feel - we are just the mugs that turn up, rain or f'kin shine, with our cash - and that's that - Mugs.

"The Board believe that the decision to require the newco to start in Division Three is absolutely the right outcome as far as Rangers is concerned."

As I mentioned above, the Rangers stance was the only bit in this saga I was concerned about (league reconstruction is never going to happen), so any suggesting of "bending over for Rangers" is absolute nonsense.

I could screem. The club has done nothing but getting its own fans at each others throats.

If nothing else that shows they have made a pigs ear of this.

"The Board believe that the decision to require the newco to start in Division Three is absolutely the right outcome as far as Rangers is concerned."

As I mentioned above, the Rangers stance was the only bit in this saga I was concerned about (league reconstruction is never going to happen), so any suggesting of "bending over for Rangers" is absolute nonsense.

I think the suggestion is more bending over to gain favour from the SPL rather than Rangers

Two weeks we waited for that comment - two weeks !!

And as much as they are still saying absolutely hee-haw I reckon that if they'd put that out straight away people would have possibly interpreted it as a hint at a NO vote and thought nothing of it !

As it is, well, it smells of a YES doesn't it !?

I've backed the board a few times on here when most Falkirk fans were baying for blood - mostly because I think I can see the grey when most folk could only see the black and white - it's a tough job that not a lot of folk would take on, and for the most part they're doing a good job but they've pissed me off big style with this one dry.gif

and hey - I know quite a few folk don't give a f'ck how we voted - good for you - the aim of this 'secret' vote was to allow folk to vote without being influenced by others and also to allow boards to hide if they made the stupid f'kin decision - a general election is a secret vote but you can still say how the chuff you voted !

whether you care how we voted or not the club don't give two-hoots about how we feel - we are just the mugs that turn up, rain or f'kin shine, with our cash - and that's that - Mugs.

laugh.gif Don't come back then. No I'm Trump. huh.gif

The Board believe that the decision to require the newco to start in Division Three is absolutely the right outcome as far as Rangers is concerned. There should be no special treatment for any club.

Why would the board say that if they'd voted yes?

The reason, misguided or otherwise, that the board aren't confirming their 'no' vote is because they are sticking to the idea of a secret ballot.

The board have messed up the handling of this shabbily to say the least but I'm seeing nothing to convince me that they voted yes.

"Dunfermline are more skint than others, the first season away from the SPL will show you that, especially with the players who are still at the club who will be on fairly decent chunked wages"

All of that is speculation. You've obviously no idea who is earning what. This time round, we've not fallen in to the trap of having several players on SPL contracts playing in the first division as evidenced by the fact that very few players have been retained and they're being replaced by youngsters.

"Dunfermline are more skint than others, the first season away from the SPL will show you that, especially with the players who are still at the club who will be on fairly decent chunked wages"

All of that is speculation. You've obviously no idea who is earning what. This time round, we've not fallen in to the trap of having several players on SPL contracts playing in the first division as evidenced by the fact that very few players have been retained and they're being replaced by youngsters.

Its just natural mate, happens to all the clubs coming down from the SPL. I believe the maximum clause in any relegation wage decrease is 50%, even then with players on decent SPL wages, with TV money, they will be getting less than half the income they had last year, provided you have released some players. The signings of the players from the lower leagues show that perhaps this time your club are trying to live within its means.

That statement is probably enough for me to move on from the whole issue, since the statement addresses the fact that Rangers getting any preferential treatment is completely unacceptable, which for me and many others was the main issue regarding our choice of vote.

It doesn't though. Newco into the Third is preferential treatment. Again, the club is appearing to say the right things without actually saying....anything.

I'm surprised so many Falkirk fans are happy to take it and move on just because the season is soon to start. I think there would have been absolute carnage amongst Pars fans if the board voted yes - even more so if they'd not had the balls to admit it.

Half the season tickets sold would have gone back. Mine included.

They probably read comments from guys like Trump and thought "They are too stupid to care about how we vote".

It's almost getting past the point that the FFC vote matters. The way they are hiding and patronising their paying customers is shameful. They have obviously received a significant enough 'enquiries' to release a statement. It's a pity the statement is the latest in a line of utter bullshit.

laugh.gif Don't come back then. No I'm Trump. huh.gif

Hell, I'm one of the mugs, a grade one mug in fact.

I reckon the club voted YES and I think that's an utterly bizarre thing to have done, there was absolutely no good reason for anyone to have voted YES and if you don't give a f'ck about it then so be it, the club know's it can say how it voted, others clubs have already done so and they weren't struck down by lightning !!

The fact that fans are bickering about this is reason enough for the board to declare it's hand.

Hell, I'm one of the mugs, a grade one mug in fact.

I reckon the club voted YES and I think that's an utterly bizarre thing to have done, there was absolutely no good reason for anyone to have voted YES and if you don't give a f'ck about it then so be it, the club know's it can say how it voted, others clubs have already done so and they weren't struck down by lightning !!

The fact that fans are bickering about this is reason enough for the board to declare it's hand.

Then you have absolutely no right to complain, you've just admitted it yourself! If I was buying a product and I didn't like the service I was getting with that product, would I stop? No, the service does not directly affect me, and I enjoy my product. Although I'm not the current boards biggest fan, the decision has now been made that Sevco are in the 3rd, regardless of our vote. It really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things now, although had it been the casting vote that allowed them in the 1st, granted I would be unhappy. I just feel fans are getting frustrated at nothing they can do, there is nothing that can change this, and even if it is, what benefit to the club overall? We have a team of great young players who deserve our backing, and regardless who's in the boadroom I'd always back my club to the hill. Some of our supporters can't wait to knock it down, that is not directed at you Ned.