The Falkirk FC Thread

How did Taylor play? Only watched him v Hearts and Boro. Looked sharp.

Broke the offside trap with ease on a regular basis, neat chip for goal seconds into game, fast down the wing. Good at holding too.

Edited by welshbairn

Taylor was very impressive. Him and Haworth will run riot in divison 1 defences.

I've been very impressed with Haworth. Got bags of ability. Hopefully he can turn it on when it matters.

What a difference in Lyle Taylor. I think we've found his forte in his ability to make perfectly timed runs onto balls over the defence. Besides the change in tactics, he also worked a lot harder tonight as did the rest of the team.

The first ten minutes or so were brilliant. Absolutely fantastic football, probably some of the best I've ever seen. Shame the rest of the match didn't play out to the same standard.

Smith looked better tonight as well, but really there was no major failures or concerns in the team.

Damn phone.

I think that due to Higgys early form I don't want to get my hopes up. But to be fair the young team seemed to help higgy with their movement (coupled with being played in the right role) so hopefully Haworth can express himself this season. He certainly seems to have the right attributes. Difficult to tell in friendlies though.

1-1 Taylor again.

Whole team changed pretty much after half time and held our own.

Dale Fulton impressed second half.

Only Dale? I thought the young laddies were all excellent. Great skill, no fear. They looked like the couldn't give a flying f**k that they were playing a team of Bolton's stature! I think I'll just go and watch the 19's this season.

I thought that the midfield worked harder to close the game down tonight and that helped the defence in turn although I feel big Dods made a difference.

At this point Taylor looks like he could score a barrow load but we must remember that friendlies aint the real thing.

Went along because it was a nice night and don't usually bother with friendlies. Typical then that I missed our only goal!

Decent work out I thought. Bolton weren't as good as I was expecting given they had nigh on their first team out but I guess they're a lot earlier in their pre-season that we are.

Taylor looks more than decent - just hope he can keep it up. Farid didn't actually look that great pre-season last year so I'm not sure we can read too much into Taylor's form until we get up and running with the competitive games. I thought Leahy looked a bit anonymous last night but happy to believe the reports of his performances in the other games and hopefully the trip of him, Taylor and Haworth can do some serious damage. Jonny Flynn looked a wee bit dodgy at the back but he's missed a fair chunk of pre-season and I think he and Dods will do OK if paired at the back this season.

I think we're strong in midfield and providing the young guys that are waiting to break into the team can keep progressing we should have excellent strength in depth across midfield.

Causes for concern going into the season:

Left-back - I don't think Kingsley is all there defensively, will need to learn quickly.

Jordan White - If Taylor doesn't live up to the billing or gets injured, having Jordan White as the sole back-up is actually a terrifying thought. I hate picking on individual players but he is absolutely horrendous. Never, ever a professional footballer in a million years. I think he'd struggle at amateur to be brutally honest.