The Falkirk FC Thread

I think this very much depends how you feel about the club though HB.

It does, and I wouldn't criticise anyone for the decision they make. It tends to be more the uberfan wankers who criticise those who make the decision I did rather than vice versa.

I'm not at all suggesting that people should be bothered by the "Yes" voting clubs, or anything club boards do - that's up to individuals. Each to their own. I wouldn't knock anyone for their choice.

I suspect that maybe you haven't been a long term fan and it has maybe made the decision to walk away a wee bit easier which, as I say, is fair enough.

Depends what you call long term. I have been either a season ticket holder, or regular attender if I couldn't afford an ST, since I was 13 (I went to games before that, but only the odd one or two), which was about 25 years ago, other than 5 years when I lived in Glasgow and was a student.

To be honest, I wasn't enjoying the football that much anyway in the latter SPL years, and the awful Pressley full season in Div One killed off any interest I had in the pure football side of it. I think as I got older I started to be a lot more crtitical of dross professional players. Had Pressley been sacked I'd still have been going, but more from a loyalty perspective and as a force of habit. Having my Saturdays free to do other stuff has actually been really good.

I've always respected though the right of club owners to do what they want with the club. I firmly believe that is their right, earned through putting their money into buying shares. It's really why many others too think Bairnstrust and other fundraising throughout the years shouldn't have been handed over as donations, but should instead have been used purely to buy more shares and more influence. Money talks.

I've never felt fans themselves should be able to influence club decisions. The club have a board there to do that and they are answerable to shareholders, not other fans. Non-shareholding fans are customers, with varying degrees of loyalty, from the every week merchants to the odd games at Xmas and New Year. In the same way any company markets its product to customers, purchase power can influence a board, through the shareholders and fear about income.

Edited by H_B

I can't read this thread through all these tears.

Calm doon!

You may not see the importance of it but people who do shouldn't be criticised for it.

If fans feel strongly about it because its important to them then they are more than entitled to post about it (especially in a Falkirk Thread of all places)

The vote itself made a difference. Falkirk's vote in the vote didn't.

It's like saying there's nothing to worry about if you vote BNP in an election, as they won't win anyway, but that is of course only because the majority of voters aren't utter scumbags. Just like in this vote, the majority of SFL clubs aren't total scumbags, just 5 of them.

Buying a Gary Glitter CD doesnt make me a paedophile, to bring the same slant right back.....

I can see why the club may have voted yes, I dont agree with it but I can see why albeit we all knew the outcome of the vote ala the SPL one

Buying a Gary Glitter CD doesnt make me a paedophile, to bring the same slant right back.....

Mmm, but would you vote for him to become the new governor of a childrens' home ?

It would probably be OK if you did, as surely enough others wouldn't?

I can see why the club may have voted yes,

So can I.

I can see why the club may have voted yes, I dont agree with it but I can see why albeit we all knew the outcome of the vote ala the SPL one

I cant. Not at all. Any promises of reform etc. were clearly empty.

I cant. Not at all. Any promises of reform etc. were clearly empty.

I actually disagree. I think reform will happen, and will be accellerated because of the Rangers situation. What I disagree with is the fact that the board fell for (assuming they did vote yes!) the SPL's bribe when they really didn't have to.

Anyway, as disappointed as I am not to have found out how we voted - football comes first for me and politics second. I'll be supporting the club with the same fervour as ever.

I actually disagree. I think reform will happen, and will be accellerated because of the Rangers situation. What I disagree with is the fact that the board fell for (assuming they did vote yes!) the SPL's bribe when they really didn't have to.

I see what you mean.

I was more meaning the promises of reform and threat of SPL2 as a bribe/bully tactic for the vote.

Anyway, as disappointed as I am not to have found out how we voted - football comes first for me and politics second. I'll be supporting the club with the same fervour as ever.

Which is fair enough. Doesn't mean everyone feels exactly the same way though.

The communication from the club had definately started to improve no end prior to this vote. The club were extremely vocal and forthright with there views.

The silence is deafening now and its a shame. If they said yes and detailed the reason then maybe it would be easier to swallow. If they said no then likewise draw a line under it.

The sooner is line is drawn the sooner folk can get back to talking about football and not sevco whatever.

The communication from the club had definately started to improve no end prior to this vote. The club were extremely vocal and forthright with there views.

The silence is deafening now and its a shame. If they said yes and detailed the reason then maybe it would be easier to swallow. If they said no then likewise draw a line under it.

The sooner is line is drawn the sooner folk can get back to talking about football and not sevco whatever.

That's what has annoyed me about the whole affair too. The transformation in the feeling around the club in the past twelve months has been amazing but this has added a bit of a bad smell to it.

I'm sure plenty of people will be pissed off and same may not attend games but after the 1st Dunfermline game people will start to focus on supporting the team and looking forward.

All fans want the same thing but will often disagree on how it should be achieved. You should respect other fans opinions if not agree with them. Falkirk fans are quick to squabble with each other and question others view points or motives but can also give great backing to the team.

I'm just back from holiday so I missed the 'grand finale'. I had a wee trawl and I can't see why people think FFC voted yes.

I'd be gutted if they did and I can't for the life of me see why they would as it looked pretty clear to all that the vote would go against Sevco.

Nothing would surprise me from our Chairman and BoDs, they are so far off the mark with everything that they do IMO.

I'm just back from holiday so I missed the 'grand finale'. I had a wee trawl and I can't see why people think FFC voted yes.

I'd be gutted if they did and I can't for the life of me see why they would as it looked pretty clear to all that the vote would go against Sevco.

Nothing would surprise me from our Chairman and BoDs, they are so far off the mark with everything that they do IMO.

I think one of the papers (Record?) reported us as one of the 5 'yes' clubs, the day after the vote.

Although I'm fairly sure it has looked at times like more than 25 claimed to have voted no.

That is nothing official from the club just someone in marketing thinking they are something.

It was more a reaction to the silence from the club rather than the email, but it hindsight it was probably a little harsh ;)

Mate, If you have given up on Falkirk as you claim to have, why do you still post in here?

I don't support an SPL club, but I post in the SPL forum too.

It's called a football forum. That's what people do.

I think one of the papers (Record?) reported us as one of the 5 'yes' clubs, the day after the vote.

Although I'm fairly sure it has looked at times like more than 25 claimed to have voted no.

Fcuk me, are we all going on what a paper has said?

Did no one read that fat twat Traynor's articles prior to the vote? They're liars FFS. I think we all need to calm down.

Fcuk me, are we all going on what a paper has said?

Did no one read that fat twat Traynor's articles prior to the vote? They're liars FFS. I think we all need to calm down.

Whilst I agree with you in principle. Many of the other clubs accused of voting yes have come out with a statement.

The fact that Falkirk haven't said anything (coupled with the ambiguous statements prior to the vote) has a lot of fans worried (rightly or wrongly).