The Falkirk FC Thread

We really did ourselves no favours today. What a terrible representative we were for Division One. What impression is this going to give of the standard of our league and players? A Middlesbrough fan I know says Falkirk are of pub team standard based on that showing. Unfortunately, he's probably right :(

No he isn't.

Tell him he's an arrogant c*nt.

Any word on the SFL vote yet?

The Bairnstrust guy has gone awfy quiet.

Shhh... you're not allowed to mentioned the war.

I did once, but I think i got away with it....

Why should he know. Lets face it he's only a member of the board of directors for gods sake!!

He will be bound by confidentiality even if he does know. MR was at the game yesterday so I assume a meeting is on for this week.

Darren Dods sat behind me and the lad at the Borough game yesterday.

By half time, he'd tripped up 2 guys going for coffee and had the Steward carried off with a dodgy tackle when he was asked him if he was carrying any plastic bottles.

By all acounts, I think he's finished his pre-season in top from. :P

He will be bound by confidentiality even if he does know. MR was at the game yesterday so I assume a meeting is on for this week.

I'm all for confidentiality in the right context ie when discussing players wages etc but in cases like this its frankly ludicrous and makes a mockery of the position.

Most of you will have had the same e-mail from the club tonight as I did - a wee update on season ticket sales that mentions that the Sevco thing is behind us !

I reckon that's as close to a statement as we are ever likely to get !?

Looks like I'll still be spending full price on my food at Wetherspoons unfortunately.

Most of you will have had the same e-mail from the club tonight as I did - a wee update on season ticket sales that mentions that the Sevco thing is behind us !

Utter c**ts.

Utter c**ts.

Going back several pages - :-

Out of interest, what is the hold up?

1) Have they told you how they voted but asked you not to divulge it beyond the boardroom and tell the fans what happened?

2) Have they told you that, despite you being a board member, they have no intention of telling you whether Falkirk voted Yes or No?

3) Have they not in fact returned your calls/emails?

None of the three are of course acceptable, but I'm curious as to which they have gone for. My money is obviously on 1.

Is it 1 or is it 2, now that 3 is out of the window?

I dont expect the club to reveal how they voted, they will hide behind the secret ballot and the fact that nothing has changed on how they voted but fair play if you feel strongly enough on it but nothing has changed........

As I mentioned earlier and fully expect that to continue.... If those that are in disgust with the decision of the either the no show of how they voted or the fact they just expect they voted yes, then take it up with the club, I do sympathise with you in that manner that you feel strongly enough albeit over a vote either way has made no difference. I am sure you wont get the answer you want from the club but it beats going on about it here as like the decision/vote it wont make any difference

The whole Rangers/newco episode which is still ongoing is tiresome, why we have become attached to it when we know who we are playing this Saturday, which league we are in and who against till May. The real business starts this Saturday, support the team or dont or even go down the other route of supporting Raith, Clyde or Glasgow University if you wanna be the phantom farter.......

a vote either way has made no difference.

The vote itself made a difference. Falkirk's vote in the vote didn't.

It's like saying there's nothing to worry about if you vote BNP in an election, as they won't win anyway, but that is of course only because the majority of voters aren't utter scumbags. Just like in this vote, the majority of SFL clubs aren't total scumbags, just 5 of them.

The real business starts this Saturday, support the team or dont or even go down the other route of supporting Raith, Clyde or Glasgow University if you wanna be the phantom farter.......

Here I agree with you. Customers of a club are a commodity. Withdraw your custom if you aren't happy. Carry on and forget about it if you don't care. It's pretty simple.

Edited by H_B

The vote itself made a difference. Falkirk's vote in the vote didn't.

It's like saying there's nothing to worry about if you vote BNP in an election, as they won't win anyway.

Here I agree with you. Customers of a club are a commodity. Withdraw your custom if you aren't happy.

I think this very much depends how you feel about the club though HB.

Some people who attend football matches do so because it gives them something to do on a Saturday, they may watch Falkirk one week and Stenhousemuir the next. Some may visit a different club each week simply because they love football. Some, like the Rangers 'supporter' that I listened to on the radio the other week and who declared that Rangers would never die and who would support his club through thick and thin before admitting that he would wait to see which league they were in before deciding whether to go this season, attend because they are bitter and twisted bigots. That's all fair enough depending on your point of view.

I've been supporting Falkirk since I was a wee laddie and they're very much a part of life for me now and, although I would be extremely disappointed if we have voted yes, I wouldn't withdraw my custom as it would be extremely damaging to the club which in turn would affect my weekly experience.

I suspect that maybe you haven't been a long term fan and it has maybe made the decision to walk away a wee bit easier which, as I say, is fair enough.