The Falkirk FC Thread

Its a friendly :lol:

Ha - my mate is a Falkirk ST holder..........we were at Falkirk vs Ajax friendly many moons ago - it still ranks as one of my best days oot ever as we brought 3 Dutch blokes too. Soft spot for Falkirk - please keep yer fingers crossed we gub Cevco.

If your so unhappy don't come back then. Then there won't be a club to support.

Sounds as if it has come from the mouth of Martin Ritchie himself. He came out with all that there won't be a club to support shit at his "begging meeting" towards the end of the season before last.

Considering we moved into the Falkirk Stadium as a debt free club and almost ended up calling in administrators a mere 6 years later is pretty shambolic stewardship but last season seemed to indicate the club were moving forward positively as a whole and the feel around the place was the best since we moved away from Brockville IMO. That's what annoys me most about the whole thing.

Martin Ritchie's legacy for me is presiding over 2 relegations and sticking the fingers up at the fans along the way.

Mind you its a job not many people would want to take on in Scottish football these days.

Edited by nowthennowthen

Sounds as if it has come from the mouth of Martin Ritchie himself. He came out with all that there won't be a club to support shit at his "begging meeting" towards the end of the season before last.

Considering we moved into the Falkirk Stadium as a debt free club and almost ended up calling in administrators a mere 6 years later is pretty shambolic stewardship but last season seemed to indicate the club were moving forward positively as a whole and the feel around the place was the best since we moved away from Brockville IMO. That's what annoys me most about the whole thing.

Martin Ritchie's legacy for me is presiding over 2 relegations and sticking the fingers up at the fans along the way.

Mind you its a job not many people would want to take on in Scottish football these days.

just a question becuase i genuenly don't know, what is our current financial state regarding debt etc?

Nail on the head with that point.......

nobody wanted it when they took over and the state Scottish fitba is in now, no one would take it over now.......

I personally blame a hell of a lot of it on George Craig, He was the MD when we were throwing money all over the place and placing our budgets on finishing 7th and above....We became a product of the bad that is the SPL

The end of the day I support the team on the park........ I dont do the politics unless it affects me and the yes vote doesnt. I am a fan of the town and my club, mismanagement has happened but we are not alone and not in a critical state ala Hearts, Motherwell, Dunfermline, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd all of whom owe millions and will probably never be in the black again in my lifetime without administration/liquidation.....

13hours from now I will be at my happiest, as I feel the season starts tomorrow for us, there is a cup at stake......

Support the team or dont.....that is your choice.....

Michael McGovern

Kieran Duffie - Chris Smith - Darren Dods - Steven Kingsley

David Weatherston - Stewart Murdoch - Jay Fulton - Andy Haworth

Luke Leahy

Lyle Taylor

Thanks Rob. I was bored of all the voting crap.

So no Blair Alston?

This all stems from the clubs first statement. It looked rushed and too quick to dismiss things if we wanted to take a position of we will vote for div 1 under the right conditions.

Fans have a right to know now why on the face of it we changed our stance within a week without any firm proposals being on the table.

Added to this the club has banged the drum since the freebee management team took over about transparency and improving fan communication. One of the statements was actually finished off with "not at this club anymore" or words to that effect.

To me it looks like that principle should have added "when it suits us".

This vote should only have been no, it was nothing but a botched bribe that looks like we fell for. A fcuking PR disaster for the club. We have meant to have a PR guru advising the club too in Colin Liddell. I guess the chairman must be ignoring him too like he is with the majority of the fans.

The club is bigger than Martin Ritchie. If you cannot see that then god help us all.

Nail on the head with that point.......

nobody wanted it when they took over and the state Scottish fitba is in now, no one would take it over now.......

I personally blame a hell of a lot of it on George Craig, He was the MD when we were throwing money all over the place and placing our budgets on finishing 7th and above....We became a product of the bad that is the SPL

The end of the day I support the team on the park........ I dont do the politics unless it affects me and the yes vote doesnt. I am a fan of the town and my club, mismanagement has happened but we are not alone and not in a critical state ala Hearts, Motherwell, Dunfermline, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd all of whom owe millions and will probably never be in the black again in my lifetime without administration/liquidation.....

13hours from now I will be at my happiest, as I feel the season starts tomorrow for us, there is a cup at stake......

Support the team or dont.....that is your choice.....

This. If you have beef with Ritchie/Craig or anybody with the board I completely understand and agree with some of it. However there is a young team out there, who need our support these season much like last season. It's up to us as a fan base to encourage these youngsters into the game, we have a very promising team by the looks of things so far in a completely open league. What's there not to be excited about?

1342940130[/url]' post='6454906']

This. If you have beef with Ritchie/Craig or anybody with the board I completely understand and agree with some of it. However there is a young team out there, who need our support these season much like last season. It's up to us as a fan base to encourage these youngsters into the game, we have a very promising team by the looks of things so far in a completely open league. What's there not to be excited about?

I have not seen one person who is not happy at the club not communicating with the fans say they won't get behind the team. Some say they won't go which is their choice. The beef is not with the football side of the business. Some seem able to distinguish between the two others can't seem to get that

Edited by Back Post Misses

I have not seen one person who is not happy at the club not communicating with the fans say they won't get behind the team. Some say they won't go which is their choice. The beef is not with the football side of the business. Some seem able to distinguish between the two others can't seem to get that

This.

Folk on here are saying that they're unhappy with the club and are getting ' support the young lads' line returned to them. Its nothing to do with the lads on the pitch.

Fans are entitled to voice their discontent at the boards actions (or lack of) and not get the 'you're not a real fan' or 'the right result in the end' nonsense thrown at them.

The apathy of many fans towards this is frightening. I can understand fans wanting to focus on the upcoming season but it doesn't mean they should allow the board a free run at ignoring the fans time and time again.

(Again I'm not sure how the club voted, I'm just making a point)

The lack of communication from the board on this is very disappointing especially considering the massive improvements in this area over the last year or so.

As I said earlier, hopefully we will hear on Monday though.

Fans can still be looking forward to the new season, support the team AND voice their discontent with the board.

Edited by MattBairn

Fans can still be looking forward to the new season, support the team AND voice their discontent with the board.

A vital point that is completely missed on both sides of the arguement.

However, good young players will come and go. One poor decision maker can kill a club forever. Ignore boardroom mistakes at your club's peril. I've already seen Fulston almost kill off FFC and will not have the "true supporter" card thrown in my face by anyone who openly admits they don't give a f**k about off the field activities.

It's an age thing. I enjoyed the David Holmes era that brought in Jeffries, great football, legendary players, promotions and cups. The fact we couldn't pay for it never once crossed my mind.

I get the impression that there are guys on here that are absolutely choking for the board to come out and say they voted yes.

If we're assuming that because we haven't issued a statement we have voted yes, then I'd counter that by saying that most clubs actually haven't confirmed their vote. They made noises before and hinted after, but most haven't stated either way.

Also, wasn't it supposed to be a secret ballot. If we never find out, I won't be assuming either way. If we confirm how we voted and it's yes, I'll voice my anger to the board ignoring the fans yet again but it won't affect my support for the club which will be here long after the current board are gone.

I get the impression that there are guys on here that are absolutely choking for the board to come out and say they voted yes.

If we're assuming that because we haven't issued a statement we have voted yes, then I'd counter that by saying that most clubs actually haven't confirmed their vote. They made noises before and hinted after, but most haven't stated either way.

Also, wasn't it supposed to be a secret ballot. If we never find out, I won't be assuming either way. If we confirm how we voted and it's yes, I'll voice my anger to the board ignoring the fans yet again but it won't affect my support for the club which will be here long after the current board are gone.

I'm "choking" for the board to confirm they voted No.

At the very least I'd have thought there would be something about being named as one of the 5 who did indeed ignore their fans. 2 clubs have confirmed and more than that have confirmed a No vote. The secret ballot went out the window as soon as Hearts stated their position. The pressure from fans all over the country put paid to that. The SPL clubs who kept quiet were view with suspicion and a degree of cowardice and contempt. And now so are FFC and others such as Partick.

I'm not having a go at you personally Hughsie but if it is confirmed as a Yes vote how do you intend to voice your anger? Protests at the games goes against the developing "Support the young lads" mantra. Strongly worded emails and letters get ignored. I'm assuming any thoughts of boycott are out the window.

I'd suggest that most guys who did not want a Yes vote but are happy enough with the eventual outcome (regardless of how we conducted ourselves) will sit on their hands and meekly accept whatever the board do until they move on.

At the very least I'd have thought there would be something about being named as one of the 5 who did indeed ignore their fans. 2 clubs have confirmed and more than that have confirmed a No vote. The secret ballot went out the window as soon as Hearts stated their position. The pressure from fans all over the country put paid to that. The SPL clubs who kept quiet were view with suspicion and a degree of cowardice and contempt. And now so are FFC and others such as Partick.

I'm not having a go at you personally Hughsie but if it is confirmed as a Yes vote how do you intend to voice your anger? Protests at the games goes against the developing "Support the young lads" mantra. Strongly worded emails and letters get ignored. I'm assuming any thoughts of boycott are out the window.

The thing is though, we were named in one publication, a publication that has been wrong on every single item it has reported since the start of this saga! Another list of 5 clubs was 'named' by STV and there were plenty of other sources speculating on who the 'five' were. I'd have been more inclined to demand answers had we been named consistently in all the statements, which is what I think probably forced Hamilton's hand to come out with a statement.

I actually agree that the secret ballot idea is now out of the window, however I don't see the Hearts relevance? As far as I remember the SPL vote was never intended to be secret, whereas the SFL vote was. Most clubs in the SFL haven't confirmed how they voted in the days following the no vote and I think, personally, that's how it should be. The clubs who have stated their vote publicly are the ones who have broken ranks and to an extent, are the reason that the pressure to 'come clean' as it were has been turned up on the likes of Falkirk and Partick, who, for whatever reason have been named somewhere along the line as being among the five who voted yes.

Could it be that the silence from Falkirk (and the others) is them sticking by the agreement on the secret ballot, rather than an admission of guilt? I don't think anyone knows apart from the BOD at FFC - and it's looking like it may stay that way for the immediate future.

In terms of protest, what can you do? Strongly worded letters and emails are perhaps the only option, but if enough people are pulling together and doing the same then the message must start to have some effect at some point? Boycotts and anything that can damage the long term health of the club, including the academy, is completely unacceptable to me and I'd hope the majority of others.

A vital point that is completely missed on both sides of the arguement.

However, good young players will come and go. One poor decision maker can kill a club forever. Ignore boardroom mistakes at your club's peril. I've already seen Fulston almost kill off FFC and will not have the "true supporter" card thrown in my face by anyone who openly admits they don't give a f**k about off the field activities.

It's an age thing. I enjoyed the David Holmes era that brought in Jeffries, great football, legendary players, promotions and cups. The fact we couldn't pay for it never once crossed my mind.

Well thank god your not the chairman then.