The Falkirk FC Thread

If someone can tell me why the tactics for a friendly should consist of playing a defensive line 40 yards up the park and closing down the Alloa defense in there own box then I'd be happyto listen.

Dont see a problem with pressing high up the park. Friendly or no friendly

1-0 ft, Leahy with the goal from 6 yards. Thought Haworth, Leahy, Duffie, Kingsley, Murdoch and McGovern looked good. Chris Smith looked worrying.

Hearts really are our bitches!

Disagree about Smith I thought he looked good, was pretty dominant in the air and done well to clear off the line in the first half definitely thought he looked better than Flynn. Was also again impressed with Leahy and Haworth both were our best players up at Fraserbrough and thought the same tonight, Haworth I would like to see play more in the middle think he might be a little wasted out wide and Leahy looks like a good find, couldn't really miss for the goal and was extremely unlucky with his overhead kick.

I thought big Taylor played very well. Good movement and very strong and pacey. I think he'll score a few this season.

Other than that I felt Duffie played well, Kinglsey was good after a shaky start and McGovern was his usual very reliable self.

I wasn't impressed at all with the partnership of Flynn and Smith early on though and Hearts should really have scored a few during the early part of the game although I felt that they improved as the game went on.

I think with the personnel that we have available that Elvis should consider playing a back 3/5 as I think young Kingsley may not be good enough defensively in a back 4. Maybe more signings to be made of course?

I thought big Taylor played very well. Good movement and very strong and pacey. I think he'll score a few this season.

Other than that I felt Duffie played well, Kinglsey was good after a shaky start and McGovern was his usual very reliable self.

I wasn't impressed at all with the partnership of Flynn and Smith early on though and Hearts should really have scored a few during the early part of the game although I felt that they improved as the game went on.

I think with the personnel that we have available that Elvis should consider playing a back 3/5 as I think young Kingsley may not be good enough defensively in a back 4. Maybe more signings to be made of course?

Left back is the main thing that worries me this season.

Kingsley showed last season he can't defend, don't have any confidence in him playing in defence. I'm sure Leahy can play left back, but it would appear Pressley doesn't want him there. If there are any more to come in, I hope to Christ it's a left back.

Kingsley showed last season he can't defend, don't have any confidence in him playing in defence. I'm sure Leahy can play left back, but it would appear Pressley doesn't want him there. If there are any more to come in, I hope to Christ it's a left back.

Leahy played left back last season but he is much more useful further forward, if you would have seen in the pre season friendlies so far.

Reading the Herald this morning pretty much confirms Falkirk voted yes. Ritchie won't release a statement as it was a secret ballot :lol:

Basically if it was a NO vote why on earth would they keep it secret?

I assume young bairn and the like will not be back at THS and will be boycotting for the foreseeable future. A lad of morales is wee bairn.

Edited by Neilly

Reading the Herald this morning pretty much confirms Falkirk voted yes. Ritchie won't release a statement as it was a secret ballot :lol:

Basically if it was a NO vote why on earth would they keep it secret?

I assume wee bairn and the like will not be back at THS and will be boycotting for the foreseeable future. A lad of morales is wee bairn.

IF it does come out we voted yes, I'll still be back. A lot worse has happened at the club during my time supporting them and i've still went back. Blind faith/stupidity but my love for Falkirk FC won't die. To be honest, I don't think the crowds would drop that much if they came out with a reasonable YES statement. Most of the people bumping their gums don't go week in week out anyway and are delighted for another excuse not to go. What has been said in the Herald anyway?

Edited by wee_bairn