The Falkirk FC Thread

Them not knowing how the board were going to vote is just about understandable. Fluid situation, last minute information, blah blah.

It's beyond unacceptable that it's now almost 72 hours later and one of the Board members, and more importantly the conduit to the fansbase, have no idea how the club voted, and aren't even clear that they will ever find out how the board voted.

This is not secret. Several other clubs have declared their position. Falkirk's position on this is cowardly and untenable. It's more important that they tell the fans how they voted, rather than even the actual Yes/No element of it.

I expected Bairnstrust would know what the voting position was, even if the club wanted to take a few days for a QoS style explanation email, if the vote was "Yes."

Again agree, completely understandable not knowing before the vote but to not even be informed several days after the vote doesn't quite strike right. The worst thing about it is the uncertainty. I don't see the point of BainsTrust being on the board now either.

I don't see the point of BainsTrust being on the board now either.

The most disappointing aspect of it is that it comes after a 12 month period where the club have taken positive steps to re-engage with the fans. And Bairnstrust itself seems to have regained a little credibility following the sausage roll period, with at least an easily contactable and certainly visible presence in the guy Brookes.

They can only feel they have been made to look like p***ks over this.

I doubt we voted "Yes." maybe it's delusion, but no hint was given that we were considering a yes vote.

Apart from all the hints in each subsequent club statement, you mean?

Anyone think that they voted "yes", have realised what a horrific decision it was and are now wondering whether they can lie about it and get away with it?

Yes.

Yes.

Thing is, I don't think they have *that* much to fear from owning up to a "Yes" vote. From what I have seen online, and heard personally, Falkirk fans don't seem all that bothered about a Yes vote, maybe surprisingly.

Thing is, I don't think they have *that* much to fear from owning up to a "Yes" vote. From what I have seen online, and heard personally, Falkirk fans don't seem all that bothered about a Yes vote, maybe surprisingly.

Certainly better than saying nothing. I am not so sure people will be too bothered, but time will tell. I have only spoken to one guy out of a good number who didn't care. Some on Onef are either too young to understand or too old and pally with the Board.

Certainly better than saying nothing. I am not so sure people will be too bothered, but time will tell. I have only spoken to one guy out of a good number who didn't care. Some on Onef are either too young to understand or too old and pally with the Board.

I think what I was maybe getting at is that people don't seem bothered enough that it would cost the club customers. You might get the odd few, but there wouldn't be a huge "fans backlash".

As I said above though, their relationship with the trust is completely ended if they voted Yes though. Partly because they clearly gave no indication of doing that prior to the meeting, but mainly because they didn't brief them after the fact and try and manage the situation from there.

The Trust's position is completely untenable now, almost no matter what. A simple text or email from Mr White to Alastair Brookes on Friday afternoon was all that was required. the last few days have just been embarrassing.

The Trust's position is completely untenable now, almost no matter what. A simple text or email from Mr White to Alastair Brookes on Friday afternoon was all that was required. the last few days have just been embarrassing.

As you mentioned earlier (and many others have over the last season) the board have improved their communication with the fans tenfold.

Their silence on this is more than worrying. It may not bother some people if they voted 'Yes' but it would certainly bother me.

Edited by MattBairn

I don't think this is a case of the board misjudging fans opinion and scrambling for an excuse (assumer they voted yes).

I think the board were perfectly aware of the fans' opinion and completely disregarded that when they looked at the season ticket sales spreadsheet.

I don't think this is a case of the board misjudging fans opinion and scrambling for an excuse (assumer they voted yes).

I think the board were perfectly aware of the fans' opinion and completely disregarded that when they looked at the season ticket sales spreadsheet.

Thats hardly an indicator though. Most season ticket sales (mine included) were sold prior to their even being a mention of Sevco do div 1.

It was always an SPL issue (ie - If SPL voted against then Sevco would have to apply to div 3).

As soon as I found out that the SFL clubs were going to be voting I immediately regretted getting my season ticket so early.

Not sure that is the case Matt. THe club released a statement on June 22 and I was told received a big uplift in sales that week. Now it could be just because that was the last week before the early bird finished. I guess that both had an effect.

Not sure that is the case Matt. THe club released a statement on June 22 and I was told received a big uplift in sales that week. Now it could be just because that was the last week before the early bird finished. I guess that both had an effect.

Im pretty sure it was the early bird offer ending that caused that upturn and many people did read the statement as a 'No' so that probably helped too.

As you know, if you read the statement properly it was definitely not a 'No' though.

As you know, if you read the statement properly it was definitely not a 'No' though.

I was amazed at the time anyone took it as a No. It was a clear acceptance of the principle - it was just a "Let's talk about the details" missive.

I was amazed at the time anyone took it as a No. It was a clear acceptance of the principle - it was just a "Let's talk about the details" missive.

The hilarious thing is that there are folk on the FFC Facebook page who "liked" each successive board statement, despite it being pointed out how poor they were, now up in arms over the possibility we voted yes.

I work beside one of the Bairnstrust guys and he was showing everyone the statement to say "look how Falkirk are making their position clear". My response was that it said nothing conclusively, and in fact implied that with the correct concessions Falkirk would be happy to let Sevco in the first.

The hilarious thing is that there are folk on the FFC Facebook page who "liked" each successive board statement, despite it being pointed out how poor they were, now up in arms over the possibility we voted yes.

:lol:

Anyone want a sweepstake on when someone from Falkirk will cower out of hiding and fess up to how they voted?

Can't be bothered trawling the internet to find out for myself, but have that many clubs actually stated how they voted on Friday? The suggestion on One F is that the breakdown of clubs who have said anything/nothing is;

Yes

Queen of the South

No

Partick

Dumbarton

Brechin

Stenhousemuir

Annan

East Stirling

No actual confirmation of how they voted regardless of what they said before the vote

Falkirk

Dunfermline

Dundee

Morton

Cowdenbeath

Hamilton

Livingston

Raith Rovers

Airdrie

Alloa

Arbroath

Ayr United

Albion Rovers

East Fife

Forfar Athletic - made a statement after the vote saying they accepted the outcome, but read it, they didn't actually say how they voted

Berwick

Clyde

Elgin

Montrose

Peterhead

Queens Park

Stirling Albion - made a statement after the vote saying they accepted the outcome, but read it, they didn't actually say how they voted

Stranraer

If that's the case, then I'm not sure we can read any more into it than the board are honouring the 'secret ballot' idea.

That said, the fact that one of the red tops named us makes the silence damaging, so the club should really be saying something.