The Falkirk FC Thread

Has everyone emailed or called the club to request a statement?

I did, although in hindsight my closing statement might keep them in hiding - I already have a draft e-mail that I'll send should the 'yes' vote be confirmed, it starts 'You sir, are an idiot !'

Dear Mr. Ritchie,

Various media sources have stated that Falkirk voted 'Yes' to Newco in yesterdays vote, the club needs to issue a statement today before the 'scab' label sticks and serious damage is done.

I ask you this sure in the belief that the club took note of it's supporters wishes and voted 'No', I certainly expressed this wish by e-mail prior to the vote - I also stated that I would not be back should the club vote 'Yes' and I hope the club didn't take this as an empty threat ... and I seriously hope that the club didn't back-hand my opinion away as being worthless !?

I'm sure you are well aware that clubs who voted 'yes' are to be boycotted by visiting supporters.

Regards,

edited to add Mr Ritchie's e-mail: martinr@falkirkfc.co.uk

Edited by Ned Nederlander

I did, although in hindsight my closing statement might keep them in hiding - I already have a draft e-mail that I'll send should the 'yes' vote be confirmed, it starts 'You sir, are an idiot !'

I sent an email to Martin Richie too (Im guessing its his home address though as it was a different one to the address you posted). Ive basically said the same thing as you as I too had previous emailed them with my thoughts on the matter.

The club really need to get their fingers out and get a statement released soon.

Edited by MattBairn

Thing is, there are a worryingly large number of posters on One F who were in favour of voting yes. Now, if I was Mr Ritchie and wanted to gauge the mood of the fans, I would probably have a look at One F. If that's what he's done, then it's understandable why he's voted yes (if he has) - looking on One F you'd think the fanbase wanted it.

Edited by Gaz

Thing is, there are a worryingly large number of posters on One F who were in favour of voting yes. Now, if I was Mr Ritchie and wanted to gauge the mood of the fans, I would probably have a look at One F. If that's what he's done, then it's understandable why he's voted yes (if he has) - looking on One F you'd think the fanbase wanted it.

Really ? on what basis blink.gif

I've checked OneF today looking for updates on this particular subject and most people seem to follow the conventional view that a 'yes' vote was a load of pap !?

Thing is, there are a worryingly large number of posters on One F who were in favour of voting yes.

Not the One F I've been reading. There's the usual one or two 14 and 15 year olds who don't really 'get it' but the majority are completely against any 'yes to newco' vote.

Edited by Hughsie

Really ? on what basis blink.gif

I've checked OneF today looking for updates on this particular subject and most people seem to follow the conventional view that a 'yes' vote was a load of pap !?

Perhaps I should qualify my statement - a sizeable minority of the fanbase wanted it. That's probably a better way of putting it.

f**k it, they aren't in so who cares.

I care.

If our board were swayed by the last desperate promise of reform that even stated at the end that it wasn't binding then I have very little confidence in them.

This vote was always about what was best for the SPL - Falkirk should have been the first club to stand up and shout 'F'ck yooz !!!'

This vote was always about what was best for the SPL - Falkirk should have been the first club to stand up and shout 'F'ck yooz !!!'

This.

We're like the beaten housewife of an abusive husband. We get kicked and beat up all the time but we just keep coming back for more and sooking the boaby because we think it's the best thing for us.

The SPL have shat on Falkirk at almost every turn since it was formed. We should have been getting it up them.

If we're done crying about Rangers, we beat Fraserburgh 4-1, Haworth, Alston, A and B the scorers.

Forgive people for discussing something they feel may affect the club slightly more than a shitty friendly against a bunch of farmers. :rolleyes:

The Club should have controlled this. If they voted yes and explained it then they would get shit yes but it takes away any doubt. If they say nothing is allows the agenda to be driven by others. The only reason not to publicly say no is not to piss off the SPL and SFA IMO. You may get something after Monday I guess. But they have to say something. If this was a secret ballot how does anyone know for sure. Frankly anyway the bloody chairman should have been there not David White. A PR disaster either way even if they did the right thing.