The Falkirk FC Thread

Chris Mitchell played with us Saturday, Thoughts on him please?

HA.......

I await someone saying he is good at freekicks.......

He scored one and that classed him as being good.....

He had one outstanding performance against Stirling Albion, a few on the passable and many on the just not good enough....

2nd div perhaps maybe his level, he was a god awful right back for me and had our centre halves covering for him constantly

Guest The Phoenix

Bit gutted to see quite a few fans in the main stand in the pictures. was going to go through to stirling to watch the game wish i had went now.

It said on the website it was closed doors though?

Correct

Surely if you turned up they wouldnt have turned u away!

Yes we would. The only people granted access were Falkirk officials and family members of the Falkirk players which was agreed to following a request from Steven Pressley.

Never mind what happens with Sevco, if we re-sign Chris Mitchell it will be the most disgusting thing that could possibly happen in Scottish football.

Chris Mitchell, fucking hell.

Just saw it was a QoS fan. Thank f**k.

I saw Mitchell's best (only) asset as being his versatility. He can play (badly) in midfield or in defence so could be a decent option on the bench (for a Junior side, that's about his level)

He's also in possession of a "guid injin" and can run a lot.

And he scored against Ajax.

not the greatest of performances. formartine were much better than i thought & although had less possesion in the first-half their passes were more effective than our little triangles. trialist up front looked okay but was starved of service. they scored with a good through-ball on the left & Dan Park rounded mcgovern & scored. Bowman was in the goals second-half & was very impressive,one great save with his feet when one on one with the striker. we upped the tempo a little & brisbane scored a decent equaliser with a shot from a cut back that went in off the bar. haworth was average. stand outs for us were chris smith & bowman...mcgeever also played okay despite jay fulton partnering him at centre-half. jordan white also done okay on the ground but again was guilty of missing easy headers

To be fair they played Saturday plus had training this morning, still no sign of Sibbs, Murdo and DW.

Indeed. From what i've heard it has been an incredibly intensive start to pre season. This is something I just don't understand as players are coming off lowest training load (off season) and to enter such an intensive period of training is just asking for injuries. As well as this, Pressley has accepted something like 11/12 pre season games, with some players having only a couple of days rest in between. Also interesting to note that players play some bounce games having completed a double training session in the hours before. Incredible really.

Will be interesting to monitor the number of injuries that occur over the next few weeks. I predict a fair amount even before the first league fixture.

Edited by Dennis Bergkamp

Indeed. From what i've heard it has been an incredibly intensive start to pre season. This is something I just don't understand as players are coming off lowest training load (off season) and to enter such an intensive period of training is just asking for injuries. As well as this, Pressley has accepted something like 11/12 pre season games, with some players having only a couple of days rest in between. Also interesting to note that players play some bounce games having completed a double training session in the hours before. Incredible really.

Will be interesting to monitor the number of injuries that occur over the next few weeks. I predict a fair amount even before the first league fixture.

I'm sure the plan for most of the friendlies is to field entirely different teams in each half so that they get the match practice they need but at the same time, hopefully anyway, minimising the risk of injuries.

Anyhoo, if the players have been keeping themselves as fit as they should over the close (big if, i know) then they shouldn't really be coming in "cold" as it were. Only time will tell, I guess.

Never mind what happens with Sevco, if we re-sign Chris Mitchell it will be the most disgusting thing that could possibly happen in Scottish football.

Chris Mitchell, fucking hell.

Mitchell played for Alloa as a trialist against Partick last night. Did OK, but not great.

Yeah that's him. Played again tonight, done well when he came on. Munn scored our goal tonight.

Was Connor Kelly the fair haired one. Did OK. Good runs. Decent pace.

Who was the ginger haired one? Ex-Falkirk youths as well, I believe. Ryan someone?