The Falkirk FC Thread

What was Carl Finnigan like for your lot? For me he has everything, good ability in the air and technically sound. Great work ethic and willing to take one for the team. Perhaps lacked a goal but I think that was more down to your service. Mistake letting him go last season IMO.

He was murder. Never fit and even when he was fit he wasnt very good in the latter seasons. Basically got payed a fortune for lying on the treatment table. Had a good spell a few years back when getting played wide right in a front three but otherwise was a bug disappointment considering who he was brought in to replace. Was no surprise when he was crocked after only a few games for dundee last season. He'll struggle to play in half there games this season which is something that teams on tight budgets just cant afford. Couldnt be happier to see the back of him especially as he was replaced by a player who did everything he did but ten times better.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

What was Carl Finnigan like for your lot? For me he has everything, good ability in the air and technically sound. Great work ethic and willing to take one for the team. Perhaps lacked a goal but I think that was more down to your service. Mistake letting him go last season IMO.

On top of what Shadwell has said he's also a cheat - he'll go down at the drop of a hat, often winning free-kicks and generally annoying the f'ck out of the opposition players and fans, think he managed to get a few folk sent off during his time with us - occasionally caught out and booked and occasionally passing up the opportunity to do something more productive with the ball in order to hit the deck !

On top of what Shadwell has said he's also a cheat - he'll go down at the drop of a hat, often winning free-kicks and generally annoying the f'ck out of the opposition players and fans, think he managed to get a few folk sent off during his time with us - occasionally caught out and booked and occasionally passing up the opportunity to do something more productive with the ball in order to hit the deck !

I see the pair of you are handling it well.

:blink:

You asked what Falkirk fans thought, and got two honest opinions - what were you expecting?

His record speaks for itself. Averaging about a goal every five games for a striker is a poor, poor record. And his disciplinary problems are well-known.

Enthusiastic thug. Who couldn't score.

er .... huh.gif

You asked what Falkirk fans thought, and got two honest opinions - what were you expecting?

Exactly - The only other post from Mr Jim's Son that I can remember seeing was also about Finnigan and the Falkirk fans so he's obviously been looking for a reaction which, when it didn't come, meant he had to latch onto any reply and claim some sort of victory !

Finnigan can and will do a job, his diving seemed to work in our favour quite a lot but I always called him a cheat at the game and I always called him a cheat on here.

I would never accuse anybody of lying when it comes to their own team, that's sick! However having suffered from labrythinits myself, I am surprised Carl made it back playing football again. Your lot would be begging for him to come back now compared to the messiah that is Jordan White.

Said time and time before I would happily of taken Finnigan back if Farid left, which looks to be the case! Finnigan IMO wasnt as bad as people make out. Dundee will get their worth out of him and could well be the leagues top goal scorer if fit.

Edited by Craig_FFC

Said time and time before I would happily of taken Finnigan back if Farid left, whoch looks to be the case! Finnigan IMO wasnt as bad as people make out. Dundee will get their worth out of him and could well be the leagues top goal scorer if fit.

I agree. Thought Finnigan offered a bit more than he got credit for at times. He'll probably do OK at Dundee.

Just a pity the 'at times' you allude to, he was supposed to be scoring goals :huh: :huh: :huh:

No, the at times I was referring to were spells where he was getting on the scoresheet and playing well. Unfortunately the majority of the time, mainly due to injury and inconsistency, this wasn't the case but he's not, and was not, as bad as some of our fans make out.

No, the at times I was referring to were spells where he was getting on the scoresheet and playing well. Unfortunately the majority of the time, mainly due to injury and inconsistency, this wasn't the case but he's not, and was not, as bad as some of our fans make out.

I agree.

I thought Finnigan was a decent enough player, he certainly gave 100% effort.

I like forwards with a physical presence, but was often frustrated by the amount of needless fouls he committed. Especially when a defender was under some pressure and fouling them gives an easy escape route.

Seemed a decent bloke though. He could easily have reacted to fans abuse when he scored against us last season.

He was really,really,really pish.

Said time and time before I would happily of taken Finnigan back if Farid left, which looks to be the case! Finnigan IMO wasnt as bad as people make out. Dundee will get their worth out of him and could well be the leagues top goal scorer if fit.

strofl.gif

As I have said elsewhere before, I didnt mind him. My mate disliked him and that will probably be the reaction in the support in being split 50/50....

I think he just got stale at the club and think he will do well at Dundee if he remains fit, tho he managed to get injured at the end of the season I see...

His goal ratio wasnt too bad till Eddie May parked in as manager, then onwards it was downhill. I do recall a text my mate sent when I was in Portugal watching Celtic v Falkirk live in a pub, Finnagan I think previously rapped himself around a player and my mate text Finnigan is a fanny and in the next minute he ran through and scored a cracking goal to send us 1 up. That can sum him up really

Is that why he is playing for Dundee in the Scottish First Division?

As for Farid joining St Johnstone, they train at Stirling University as well so he will be able to stay in the same house, doing the same short journey etc and will be on more money. Not a move I would have expected him to make but certainly understandable.