The Falkirk FC Thread

Alan Gow was shite when he was with us. One particular month aside.

Wouldn't go as far as 'shite', but certainly not a stand-out.

I'm not usually one who posts negativity but results and performances have really went downhill since Lee Bullen left. We now have a total of 4 coaches in the dugout, what is that all about? Perhaps them all barking different instructions is confusing the players, who knows. But one thing is certain the players are no where near as sharp with their passing and tackling as they were at the start of the season. I don't know if this is down to training through the week or the warm up before a match. I have noticed that during the warm up the players spend a lot more time shooting volleys from the edge of the box its like something from an under 10's match . During Bully's time they would have spent a lot more time warming up intensely with short passing exercises. To be honest if it wasn't for McGovern then we would be much further down the league. Maybe his performances are papering over the cracks.

I'm not usually one who posts negativity but results and performances have really went downhill since Lee Bullen left. We now have a total of 4 coaches in the dugout, what is that all about? Perhaps them all barking different instructions is confusing the players, who knows. But one thing is certain the players are no where near as sharp with their passing and tackling as they were at the start of the season. I don't know if this is down to training through the week or the warm up before a match. I have noticed that during the warm up the players spend a lot more time shooting volleys from the edge of the box its like something from an under 10's match . During Bully's time they would have spent a lot more time warming up intensely with short passing exercises. To be honest if it wasn't for McGovern then we would be much further down the league. Maybe his performances are papering over the cracks.

His last game was the win over Dundee Utd in the cup wasn't it? Since then we'v won 7 (Raith and Livi in the two immediately following his departure, Morton at home, QoS home and away, East Fife at home in the cup and away to Hamilton), drawn 7 (Morton away, Dundee at home, Ayr at home, Raith away, Ross County at home, Partick at home and Hamilton at home) and lost 8 (Ayr twice, Ross County twice, Livingston at home, Morton at home, Dundee away and Celtic in the semi). I actually thought it'd be worse than that but it's still not very good.

Since Higginbotham left we've taken 9 points from 9 league games and lost to Ayr in the cup. That's relegation form over the quarter.

1332611610[/url]' post='6082078']

Utter nonsense. The best we have played this season was away to Livingston, QOS and Celtic. Bullen nowhere to be seen. He have won twice since Higginbotham left and been generally rubbish since. That and Gobson being gash as his replacement.

Vitor Lima is without a club. I say we bring back him, Tiago and Pedro for his 4th time and have a Portuguese love-in.

Don't forget that Felix character we had as a trialist in a Stirlingshire Cup game against Stenny circa 2006.

I'd really like to see Lima back, he wasn't really great at anything but he was good/competent at everything. If/when Millar goes this summer we could do a lot worse.

That long flowing mane :wub:

It really was something wasn't it? :D

I'd love to see Tiago back. I recall him having a storming last 20-25 minutes in our 1-0 win at EEP that season. Ireland had been sent off for a professional foul(?) and we ended up with a back four of Lawrie - Tiago - Milne - Hagi, and the two in the center (plus Glennon) had a terrific end to the game. I'm pretty sure he was at fault for Pressleys injury time equaliser for Hearts in the 2-2 draw though. Ah well.

Come on Pressley, get him signed.

Pedro was done in his last spell unfortunately, but I still love the guy. He'll be back again in some capacity, that I'm pretty sure of.

Pretty weird what happened to Pedro last season, especially after having such a great few months the year before. To be fair, he didn't receive enough game time last year and his fitness was quite clearly not up to scratch. If he was fit, I'd take him back again.

Why? I like Pedro, good player and he loves the club/town.

He was good in his first spell for us before that injury and utterly shite in both his second and third spells. His third signing was very much a 'clutching-at-straws' signing to appease the fans, not because he's any good.

Most of the folk that want him to come back will be women and daft wee kids who want him back because he's a 'banter' player, rather than because he's any good.

I did actually think he could have maybe done a job for us in last season's First Division but there's no way I'd want him back now.