The Falkirk FC Thread

Was going to post this in the match thread; but didn't want it getting caught up in all the stuff about the game.

Scouts of Hearts and St Johnstone at TFS today watching Farid El Alagui, Murray Wallace and Craig Sibbald. Not sure if they were both watching all 3, but those 3 were the ones being watched. Wallace impressed no doubt, I thought he was superb (again).

Hopefully the main reason was to have a word about Compton...

To put your mind at ease, Sandaza isn't leaving until the end of the season, so we won't be in for El Alagui unless it's a PCA and I highly doubt it will be to us.

So chances are it was the youngsters we were looking at, or so I'd like to think.

Doubt either hearts or st johnstone could afford any of out youngsters who are all tied up on decent contracts. More likely to be looking at the likes of farid or , or higginbottom whose contracts run out in june and are therefor more in their budget range especially hearts.

If we really wanted to buy your players we could. If te chairman sees it as a good bit of business, he would sanction a fee, like I said I would hope we would push the boat out, but I doubt it.

Possibly if we make Europe we might, it's quite nice to be financially sound with the ability to pay fees if it's worth it and good business.

If we really wanted to buy your players we could. If te chairman sees it as a good bit of business, he would sanction a fee, like I said I would hope we would push the boat out, but I doubt it.

Possibly if we make Europe we might, it's quite nice to be financially sound with the ability to pay fees if it's worth it and good business.

50k may get you an out of contract summer FFC player, 200k minimum for one of Sibbald, Wallace, Duffie, please come in and bid the 200k as there are much bigger suitors looking at the three mentioned to increase the fee......

If we really wante to we could bid 200k, if it was beneficial and a future investment, bit like I said it will never happen, which is a shame, cause they sound cracking prospects.

If we really wante to we could bid 200k, if it was beneficial and a future investment, bit like I said it will never happen, which is a shame, cause they sound cracking prospects.

what a load of pish..where are you getting this "big club" mentality from..you paid a lot for billy dodds many years ago...as we did with crunchie...apart from that your as bargain basement as the rest of us. it just so happens this is your turn to be in the big league. you will be back in the first division before too long & maybe it will be our turn to go up again. its cyclical amongst which diddy club is in the big league always has been

We all can bid sums of money but actually meaning it is another thing.....

There is only one club in Scotland that would or can bid 200k plus and they wont.......

I can see a 50k bid from St Johnstone for a Millar, Higgy, Farid, McGovern who are all out of contract come summer and fit the beneficial bill you mention as they are experienced enough to fit into first team football, but 200k you are having a laugh

These youngsters are for the future, the Jan window is always used for quick fix or adding to compliment what you have, if we do lose one of these youngsters during this window, I fully expect them to be with us till May to finish off their learning curve....

what a load of pish..where are you getting this "big club" mentality from..you paid a lot for billy dodds many years ago...as we did with crunchie...apart from that your as bargain basement as the rest of us. it just so happens this is your turn to be in the big league. you will be back in the first division before too long & maybe it will be our turn to go up again. its cyclical amongst which diddy club is in the big league always has been

It's not a big club mentality, it's all to do with the fact, we have a healthy bank balance with money to spend if needs be and you are desperate for cash, or certainly could do with some.

At no point did I even mention the fact we would get them, they wouldn't join us, I know that, but what you have said is crap, if we wanted to we could easily pay 200k for a player if we so desired. So take that chip off your shoulder and learn to use capital letters. dry.gif

We all can bid sums of money but actually meaning it is another thing.....

There is only one club in Scotland that would or can bid 200k plus and they wont.......

I can see a 50k bid from St Johnstone for a Millar, Higgy, Farid, McGovern who are all out of contract come summer and fit the beneficial bill you mention as they are experienced enough to fit into first team football, but 200k you are having a laugh

These youngsters are for the future, the Jan window is always used for quick fix or adding to compliment what you have, if we do lose one of these youngsters during this window, I fully expect them to be with us till May to finish off their learning curve....

You're missing the point though, we almost certainly can bid 200k for a player, we just won't I know this, it was just me saying I would likeus to push the boat out a bit and take a chance, we could, that is all I was saying.

You're missing the point though, we almost certainly can bid 200k for a player, we just won't I know this, it was just me saying I would likeus to push the boat out a bit and take a chance, we could, that is all I was saying.

What are you drinking.....obviously my drink aint working....... :rolleyes:

Outside the old firm I cant think of a six figure sum being spent by any club in Scotland for a long long time

2004 I think when Dufc paid six figures for Lee Miller......

So 8yr on St Johnstone would buck that trend...... :lol:

You've missed my point again, I responded to the person who said we couldn't afford it, I said yes we could bid 200k if we wanted too, but we wont. So actually you are arguing about something, which I have admitted we won't do, always helpful when you actually read the responses properly. :rolleyes:

EDIT - for the record, we had a 6 figure sum accepted for Leigh Griffiths, who chose Wolves instead. ;)

Edited by Widge

It's not a big club mentality, it's all to do with the fact, we have a healthy bank balance with money to spend if needs be and you are desperate for cash, or certainly could do with some.

At no point did I even mention the fact we would get them, they wouldn't join us, I know that, but what you have said is crap, if we wanted to we could easily pay 200k for a player if we so desired. So take that chip off your shoulder and learn to use capital letters. dry.gif

COMPLETE AND UTTER HORSESHIT...IS THAT ENOUGH CAPITALS FOR YOU?

COMPLETE AND UTTER HORSESHIT...IS THAT ENOUGH CAPITALS FOR YOU?

I'd stick to your own team, I'm fairly sure I know more about St Johnstones finances than you ever will. But if you don't want to belive it don't. I just hope we sign one of your youngsters so I can see you explode with hatred. ;)