The Falkirk FC Thread

No, you're not talking nonsense, that is the way it should work. But the problem is the arbitration panel isn't sitting until 6 months into the new season, and if he had scored a goal per game since August the panel would have much stronger evidence of his worth. Bradford would argue their case less strongly. Irrelevant anyway, as hes not playing. A low five-figure sum I would expect.

Im guessing that not playing due to an injury would hurt our 'claim' much less than not playing due to poor form/ability though?

No, you're not talking nonsense, that is the way it should work. But the problem is the arbitration panel isn't sitting until 6 months into the new season, and if he had scored a goal per game since August the panel would have much stronger evidence of his worth. Bradford would argue their case less strongly. Irrelevant anyway, as hes not playing. A low five-figure sum I would expect.

He seemingly had a belter of a game against Leeds and the Bradford forums seem to rate him, against us is that Bradford have been shit as a team tho.....

If as you said banging a goal in every other week, we would stand better chance of more but I wouldnt be surprised if we get hee haw and a sell on clause......

Good money for feck all. Daft rule anyway as if a contract is finished it should be just that. Aluko situation signing for the **** was a shambles

I dunno, its somehow tho went full circle of how the Bosman rule came in, The claim back then was that the clubs shouldnt have ownership of a player out of contract, this now seems to happen players within that age group. Aluko for me is decent, never kicked a ball against us but he isnt a world beater and Aberdeen were within their right to stand still on freezing him out the game, strange ruling but I suppose clubs have got to have something to cling to as players now have all the rules in their favour. I would like to point out also with my Falkirk head on, we have Higgy and Millar out of contract come May/June....I think I am correct in thinking we will be due money for their development

FREEVIEW CLIPS FROM FALKIRK TV

Official Calendar Signing Night

Over 200 fans attended the recent calendar signing night in the home dressing room at the stadium. Falkirk TV was their to capture all the action...

Ai Se Eu Te Pego Mata

Farid El Alagui, Kallum Higginbotham and Tam Scobbie's new celebration. Farid says - "now you have seen it, can you do it?"

Both available as freeview clips at www.falkirkfc.tv

Anyone purchased the kiss the coin t shirts? Only got larges left and don't want it being to big fir me when my dad buys it for my Xmas. Are the tops made large for the sizes?

Sizes are fairly standard, not big made etc.

PS There was more than just Large's left on Tuesday night, they must have sold alot the last couple of days.

More stock will come in mid January.

Was having a glance at our fixtures up until our last match against County:

Livingston (A)

Ayr (H)

Raith Rovers (A)

Morton (A)

Hamilton (A)

QotS (H)

Ayr (A)

Partick Thistle (H)

I'd say that's a pretty favourable run of fixtures leading up to the next Ross County match with only one of those teams in the top 4.

Livingston (A)

Ayr (H)

Raith Rovers (A)

Morton (A)

Hamilton (A)

QotS (H)

Ayr (A)

Partick Thistle (H)

I'd say that's a pretty favourable run of fixtures leading up to the next Ross County match with only one of those teams in the top 4.

Only 3/8 at home though.

Livingston (A)

Ayr (H)

Raith Rovers (A)

Morton (A)

Hamilton (A)

QotS (H)

Ayr (A)

Partick Thistle (H)

Should be looking for 18 points out of those.

We should be aiming for maximum points from the 3 home games and of the away games, the only tricky ties look to be Livi and Morton. Anything can happen though.

Here are County's fixtures for the same period:

Partick (H)

QoS (A)

Morton (H)

Livi (H)

Raith (A)

Ayr (H)

Dundee (A)

QoS (H)

Hamilton (A)

Pretty similar to ours. We both play Partick, Ayr and QoS at home and Hamilton and Raith away. We play Ayr twice whereas they play QoS twice and they have a game in hand which, for the purpose of comparison, is against Dundee.

Edited by lanky_ffc