The Falkirk FC Thread

There's no reason for the club to go into administration, as its not a case of owed money to creditors, its owed to directors within the club, who aren't going to put the club into administration.

How much of Dundee's debt was owed to non-director creditors? All clubs have running debts regarding VAT etc that have to be regularly paid. If you don't have the cashflow to cover those then you may be sailing down shit creek.

But, but, but, we're about to go in to administration. :(

It's weird, I was looking at the released players from other clubs the other day, and was wondering why we hadn't at least taken a look at Weatherston. Would be a decent signing if it came off. Dissapointed about Aloi though, thought he could have been a wee cult hero with us.

Not too sure about Robbie Neilson. Decent experience but do we really need another defender? Also, he's a right back and I'd fancy Duffie to have more pace than him.

Hopefully it's just Pressley helping out an old pal by giving him somewhere to train.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Not too sure about Robbie Neilson. Decent experience but do we really need another defender? Also, he's a right back and I'd fancy Duffie to have more pace than him.

I took from the article that he was just training with us. If Pressley could get him in on the cheap, then I wouldn't object. All those years at Hearts, and a couple of years in the Championship he'll have been on a decent wage, so I doubt money will be too much of an issue to him. But he's only 31, surely he could still get a gig in the SPL at least?

EDIT: I'd play him before Duffie to be honest.

Edited by Kris.

I'd agree he's probably a better player. My main objection would be, if we're looking to bring in an experienced player on decent wages then it should be in a position that we are short on.

It's been suggested on onef that Neilson has been known to play a midfield role and I'm sure Duffie could play more advanced with his pace and willingness to get forward. Perhaps it could work with both of them but I think we should be focusing on another forward.

Weatherston could be a good addition as our front line is fairly young and unproven.

Is Darren Dods out for the Cup game against Dundee or the league game against Partick Thistle :unsure:

I think because it was in the league then he'll be available on Tuesday but suspended for the Partick game. The same as Mark Millar.

Personally I'd bring Murray Wallace in for him against Dundee anyway, that was sheer stupidity on his part yesterday.

Skyline Drifter posted a thread explaining the disciplinary system for this season. Link.

Edit: Just checked and because it was two yellows, it's an immediate ban in that competition. So he will be available for Dundee on Tuesday.

Edited by lanky_ffc

1700 season tickets sold so far, although it appears that we've budgeted to sell 1900/2000, so we're still a little short of the target. I think it was about 2600 that we last season was it not? A drop is to be expected, but if we hit 2000, or just close to that, then we've done well given the situation. Another couple of hundred season tickets might mean another player in...

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5468&Itemid=320&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

1700 season tickets sold so far, although it appears that we've budgeted to sell 1900/2000, so we're still a little short of the target. I think it was about 2600 that we last season was it not? A drop is to be expected, but if we hit 2000, or just close to that, then we've done well given the situation. Another couple of hundred season tickets might mean another player in...

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5468&Itemid=320&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Or instead of another player we might see out the season without passing out the begging bowl again.

After seeing Saturdays disaster a wide player along with another striker are badly needed.

I know it was centre-midfield where we were the worst on Saturday but I'd like to think that Millar, Murdoch, Alston and perhaps Higginbotham should be good enough options in there.

After seeing Saturdays disaster a wide player along with another striker are badly needed.

I know it was centre-midfield where we were the worst on Saturday but I'd like to think that Millar, Murdoch, Alston and perhaps Higginbotham should be good enough options in there.

Agree. Sibbald's a fantastic talent but nowhere near ready. Wasn't impressed with Jay Fulton out wide, but not sure whether that is his preferred position. Could play Higginbotham out wide but think he prefers a central role, and where he's looked more likely to do something.