The Falkirk FC Thread

No player still at United around the age of 19/20 would be SFL level. :lol:

Where did anyone mention 19/20 year olds, try reading posts for once.

There's plenty of sh't young players at all the big clubs that end up drifting down the leagues.

Where did anyone mention 19/20 year olds, try reading posts for once.

There's plenty of sh't young players at all the big clubs that end up drifting down the leagues.

Whilst this is true, does anyone remember this supposed inter club deal we signed with Liverpool, maybe 4 or 5 seasons back.

We heard the same things then - "we can get 2 or 3 of the Liverpool reserve, U-19 players - it will be brilliant".

We saw none of them.

Whilst this is true, does anyone remember this supposed inter club deal we signed with Liverpool, maybe 4 or 5 seasons back.

We heard the same things then - "we can get 2 or 3 of the Liverpool reserve, U-19 players - it will be brilliant".

We saw none of them.

I mind that, didn't it start when Flynn first went down south to them?

A strong team (well as strong as we can put out) got pumped 5-2 by Dundee Utd. It was 5-0 at half time and 4-0 after 22 minutes.Higginbotham and a trialist got our goals in the last 10 minutes.

Aye just been reading here sounds like United were rampant early & a hat-trick for, I`m assuming Keith Watson from full-back! Incidently is the Grangemouth Stadium a new name for TFS, or another venue entirely?

Aye just been reading here sounds like United were rampant early & a hat-trick for, I`m assuming Keith Watson from full-back! Incidently is the Grangemouth Stadium a new name for TFS, or another venue entirely?

Different Stadium altogether, this was played behind closed doors at the Athletics Stadium

1095118_5f41a09f.jpg

Different Stadium altogether, this was played behind closed doors at the Athletics Stadium

1095118_5f41a09f.jpg

Cheers, kinda thought it must`ve been. United saying that our goalscorers were Watson(2), Russell(2) & Goodwillie, not the Watson hattrick mentioned in the Falkirk match report.

I mind that, didn't it start when Flynn first went down south to them?

Yep. There were some head patting invites for the Falkirk people to visit Liverpool's training ground I think.

Presumably a bus tour, then a look at the European Cup, a couple of Blackcurrant Fruit Shoots for them and then off they popped back up here.

Not much info on him in the article, but at 6ft 3in and a defender, I'll have to assume he is actually a center back, which could well mean Scobbie moving back to the left back position.

I like the sound of 3 more players coming in, but not about Flynn having to leave first, but I guess if it has to be done, then so be it.

Having heard eye gouging rumours (probably bollocks) of Mark Twaddle and Scobbie's wage, I'm wondering how much Flynn is on.

More than either I would expect. It's really no wonder we are financially fucked. Absolute idiots in charge. Eddie May paying money for Twaddle looks even more comedy in hindsight than it did at the time.

I'd like to see Scobbie go too. Really start from scratch with no one on SPL wages.

Although the guy looks a good player, can't feel that we really need another central defender. We already have Dods, Wallace and Scobbie in that position. Murdoch can play there too if required.

If Bolton hadn't sold Al Habsi yesterday, we may have gotten a keeper on loan.

Sad to see Flynn leaving, but, if we get top dollar for him, then it's for the best

Grrrr - all, and I really do mean just about every rebuilding job needs to be built on a solid defence. I'd be far happier having the defence and goalkeeper see out a full preseason with late additions up front if need be.

Call me a cynic but I don't think scoring goals is going to be our major headache next season....

Sad to see Flynn go but he deserves his move

I thought he was very average any time I saw him last season, and he disappeared for the majority of the relegation season.

Talented, but hugely inconsistent. Would be really surprised if he made it down south. I'm doubtful if the fee, should there be one, is more than token.