The Falkirk FC Thread

Guys, guys!

Everyone's panicking for no reason. Remember that Dawn and Janette have both said that Pressley's going to get everything right this season and they're looking forward to proving all us doubters wrong.

I for one can't wait for our esteemed leader to lead us to the First Division title. A sure thing :)

Guys, guys!

Everyone's panicking for no reason. Remember that Dawn and Janette have both said that Pressley's going to get everything right this season and they're looking forward to proving all us doubters wrong.

I for one can't wait for our esteemed leader to lead us to the First Division title. A sure thing :)

Go Steven! wub.gif

171161198v1_225x225_Front.jpg

I noted on the Ross County thread that they have been staging gigs at their ground over the Summer months with both JLS and Olly Murs appearing. This is being promoted by the club with all profits going to the club. Why don't we do this? The ground is sitting empty all summer. It's ideally placed between Edinburgh and Glasgow and has a decent enough capacity to stage gigs. Put the stage up at the open end and you then have three stands to fill. Clubs like St Johnstone and Aberdeen have hosted Elton John gigs and surely have made money from that.

The comments on the thread were banding around figures of around £100k.

I mean, how much money did we make from having Zippo's circus in the carpark?

It's ideally placed between Edinburgh and Glasgow and has a decent enough capacity to stage gigs.

Well no it isn't, because any artists would just use the dozens of designated venues in both cities (or Hampden/Murrayfield) rather than choosing a three-sided halfway house in Grangemouth.

Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Ross County are catering for an audience that have very few suitable venues for dozens of miles.

Edited by vikingTON

I noted on the Ross County thread that they have been staging gigs at their ground over the Summer months with both JLS and Olly Murs appearing. This is being promoted by the club with all profits going to the club. Why don't we do this? The ground is sitting empty all summer. It's ideally placed between Edinburgh and Glasgow and has a decent enough capacity to stage gigs. Put the stage up at the open end and you then have three stands to fill. Clubs like St Johnstone and Aberdeen have hosted Elton John gigs and surely have made money from that.

The comments on the thread were banding around figures of around £100k.

I mean, how much money did we make from having Zippo's circus in the carpark?

f**k all, because you don't own the ground.......

He won't be missed. I thought he had a reasonably good start to the season, but he was quite dreadful for the majority, just as he was the season we went down.

Well no it isn't, because any artists would just use the dozens of designated venues in both cities (or Hampden/Murrayfield) rather than choosing a three-sided halfway house in Grangemouth.

Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Ross County are catering for an audience that have very few suitable venues for dozens of miles.

Yeah but many bands arent big enough to sell out Hampden/Murrayfield or stadia of that size. The catchment area is big enough and its easy to get to via the motorway from either the east or west of Scotland.

Im not sure about how good it would be for the pitch though, but the lack of an East Stand would allow for a temporary stage to be set up pretty easily Id imagine.

f**k all, because you don't own the ground.......

I could be wrong but I thougth Falkirk FC owned the footballing parts. ie- The pitch, stands but not the offices etc. Either way Im sure a profit split could be arranged somehow.

Either way I doubt it'll happen any time soon.

I could be wrong but I thougth Falkirk FC owned the footballing parts. ie- The pitch, stands but not the offices etc. Either way Im sure a profit split could be arranged somehow.

Well, sort of. We don't own the South Stand.

Either way I doubt it'll happen any time soon.

Neither do I. VikingTon is right - why on earth would you pay to hire TFS?

If Ross County's stadium was in Stirling no one would hire that either.

Neither do I. VikingTon is right - why on earth would you pay to hire TFS?

If Ross County's stadium was in Stirling no one would hire that either.

I was just thinking that the venue would allow much more than any of the big clubs bands play in whilst being considerably smaller (and cheaper to hire, Id imagine) than Hampden/SECC etc.

Im not saying bands would definitely be climbing over each other to hire it, but there would seem (to me at least) to be some positives to put forward to bands/music companies to try and make the club/council some money.

Perhaps it has been looked at and it simply isnt viable, we'll never know I guess.

Im not saying bands would definitely be climbing over each other to hire it, but there would seem (to me at least) to be some positives to put forward to bands/music companies to try and make the club/council some money.

I'd have thought it was a dubious choice for a venue. There isn't any realistic sized car parking for a start.

I'd have thought it was a dubious choice for a venue. There isn't any realistic sized car parking for a start.

There's zero car parking at Murrayfield.

Edit: Though saying that, the public transport links are clearly much better.

Edited by Rugster

There's zero car parking at Murrayfield.

Edit: Though saying that, the public transport links are clearly much better.

I wonder how difficult it would be for Scotrail to put a station at the line as it passes the Stadium?

Must be too expensive as surely they'd have though of that.

A station and a boozer next to the Stadium would make all the difference.

Edit- I can imagine a pub would do to well there away from events at the stadium right enough. :P

Edited by MattBairn

Wouldn't really get much use though would it? One Saturday every fortnight for maybe 800 fans tops?

Anyoneknow how much we get from the wee laddies internationals?

Wouldn't really get much use though would it? One Saturday every fortnight for maybe 800 fans tops?

Yeah as I said in my edit, its more of a 'it would be nice but it'll never happen' kind of thought.

I wonder how difficult it would be for Scotrail to put a station at the line as it passes the Stadium?

Must be too expensive as surely they'd have though of that.

Edit- I can imagine a pub would do to well there away from events at the stadium right enough. :P

Yeah the line passes the stadium but it's the line to Grangemouth which isn't used...

Absolutely fantastic news, a horrendous excuse for a footballer. He has regressed so much over the last 12-18 months.

It's quite funny that our "SPL star cloth cutting" will almost certainly strengthen us in a number of positions :lol: