The Falkirk FC Thread

It was a bizarre goal from One. Hopefully a few more matches will do him the world of good.

Yeah I'm not sure he even knew himself what he was trying to do.

What was your full line-up today? Aside from One, Young and Harding I was struggling to recognise many faces.

Yeah I'm not sure he even knew himself what he was trying to do.

What was your full line-up today? Aside from One, Young and Harding I was struggling to recognise many faces.

Bain and Ryan McCord were the only other signed players to start I think. The rest were all trialists.

Thought Falkirk pressed the game really well today and took their goals very well, especially their 3rd (No.9?) with a wonderful chest and volley into the bottom corner. Goalkeeper had a howler for our 1st but had no chance for the 2nd, a terrific pass from McCord and good finish from Holmes.

Just really about match fitness this game and im sure we will have revenge in our massive Stirlingshire Cup tie - Beware! :ph34r:

The team wasn't quite like that.

Bowman (he was badly at fault for the first goal and looked dodgy throughout)

Duffie

Kingsley

Wallace

Scobbie

Murdoch

Trialist (didn't look too great really)

Millar

Trialist (took his goal well and he looked very impressive)

Higginbotham

Trialist (didn't get involved at all)

We made 9 subs at half time with the likes of Compton, McManus and Alston coming on. Wallace and Bowman both lasted around 70 minutes before coming off.

There was no sign of Dods, Twaddle or Flynn.

They were in the main stand!

Rumours on OneF that our U19 players have not been paid this week :(

But you can rest easy. The man charged with ensuring the boys were paid did manage to ensure that one salary payment went through on time. A piece of blue wall from the Hope St end to the first correct answer as to that mans name.. There;s also a draining pipe laid in the pitch by my father;s own hand in 1926. he was given the sole job to lay them after having left school at 11 years of age. A penny for everyone bedded and set, As he laid 800 of them, his two weeks orked brought enough money into Gordon St to keep a family of six inbasic food the best part of three weeks.

Really enjoyed the game. Great to have football back and a glorious day to boot. Decent football from both sides and pretty entertaining given we are just a week or so into pre-season and there were so many trialists on show for both teams.

I've seen Murdoch three times now and he looks a really promising young player. Strong, athletic and competitive, looks to do the simple thing. Can go on to be an important player for the Bairns.

Quietly looking forward to the season. At the very least it looks as though we will have a team full of players that give a damn.

Now we just need to shoehorn a football brain into Pressley and we will be good to go!

As above, feeling more positive about the season now after that. A few things of note:

- We played much more positively, less tippy tappy amongst the backline pish and a real eagerness to go forward. Let's hope it's here to stay.

- Number 9 trialist looks like a good player. Pretty good in the air as well, something we'll be lacking with Finnigan away. Very good finish for his goal.

- Number 11 and 7 trialists have a good footballing brain on them, especially number 11, he was making intelligent runs and getting himself into space quite often, it's just a shame his teammates failed to spot said runs. Number 7's crossing is poor, but his some of his runs were also very good. Both of them should be very able players.

- Ally Graham looks like he has a lot of potential, he should be included in the first team this season if that wasn't already in Pressley's plans.

- Murray Wallace looks another good prospect, constantly beat the towering Armand Oné to the ball in the air.

- Edinburgh Uni trialist was decent. Would be good back-up

Most importantly though, we need a keeper. Bowman certainly has potential, but he doesn't look ready for the first division yet.

All in all, a decent display, particularly from the trialists.

Apparently he was called Farud Alaquini (spelling is probably wrong)

Farida El-Alaquin or Farida El-Alaquines according to the papers, but pretty well invisible on Google, and Farida is a girl's name apparently..

Is my reading of this correct?

http://www.falkirkfc...5389&Itemid=320

Supporters club members are getting first dibs on tickets ahead of season ticket holders? So if I ain't in a supporters club, I've less chance of a ticket?

Youve read it wrong. Read the bit right after the Step 1 bullet points again. (Its not letting me copy it)

Rumours on OneF that our U19 players have not been paid this week :(

I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'd imagine the club won't have too much money lying around with season ticket sales being slow. They've only themselves to blame though for re-appointing Pressley.

But you can rest easy. The man charged with ensuring the boys were paid did manage to ensure that one salary payment went through on time. A piece of blue wall from the Hope St end to the first correct answer as to that mans name..

Big George is some man.

Supporters club members are getting first dibs on tickets ahead of season ticket holders? So if I ain't in a supporters club, I've less chance of a ticket?

I woudln't imagine we'll sell out anyway, but if you've got a season ticket you'll definitely get one.

Season ticket holders who are also members of Supporter Clubs get first dibs. Then all other Season ticket holders.