The Falkirk FC Thread

Sorry for the double post but there's a list here of 18 who are gone come the end of the season:

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5346&Itemid=320&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

McManus is the stand-out there, WTF did he need to do to earn a new contract? Bloom surprises me too.

Who's left at the club now?

McManus is the stand-out there, WTF did he need to do to earn a new contract?

Maybe an injury thing. i.e. suspected he wouldn't be able to give us 30 odd games next season.

Baffling decision to let all 3 of our 'keepers go surely it would've made sense to keep one of Barclay/Andrews as back-up? Terrible decision to release McManus as well he should've been one of the first to get offered a new deal.

So as it stands I think that leaves our squad something like this:

'Keepers

None

Defenders

Tam Scobbie

Marc Twaddle

Kieran Duffie

Murray Wallace

Stephen Kingsley

Midfielders

Mark Millar

Ryan Flynn

Jack Compton

Kallum Higginbotham

Stewart Murdoch

Blair Alston

Strikers

Mark Stewart

Baffling decision to let all 3 of our 'keepers go surely it would've made sense to keep one of Barclay/Andrews as back-up? Terrible decision to release McManus as well he should've been one of the first to get offered a new deal.

So as it stands I think that leaves our squad something like this:

'Keepers

None

Defenders

Tam Scobbie

Marc Twaddle

Kieran Duffie

Murray Wallace

Stephen Kingsley

Midfielders

Mark Millar

Ryan Flynn

Jack Compton

Kallum Higginbotham

Stewart Murdoch

Blair Alston

Strikers

Mark Stewart

and we probably won't have Mark Stewart either .

it's going to be an interesting summer alright!

Good stuff. Squad was in desperate need for a clear-out.

As good as McManus has looked in flashes this season, I fully support the decision to let him go. There's no way we can gamble on a player who spent most of last season injured when money's so tight.

'Keeper situation is a bit worrying but if Barclay and Andrews aren't good enough, they're not good enough. Let's see what the summer brings as I'm sure there'll be no shortage of players looking for clubs.

It's just a shame Pressley wasn't packing his bags as well because let's not forget, it is he who will be tasked with the challenge of rebuilding the squad. *shudder*

Christ, that's a hefty clearout.

Looking at what we have left, I'd say we need maybe 7 or 8 in to fill the gaps created by those leaving. It's a big ask, and I sure as f**k don't trust Pressley to bring in the right replacements giving his standard of signings so far. It's going to be an interesting summer at least. :unsure:

When I first seen that McManus is being released I thought it was ridiculous but I understand he is too big a gamble now, so it is probably a good thing.

Too many stragglers we're left from the SPL, finally they are gone!

I'm happy with 18 being released, the squad was huge with no depth, hopefully Elvis can sign some bargains and get the fans on his side.

For the first time in about 10 years the midfield is the strongest area of the squad.

I have absolutely no faith in Pressley to fill up that squad.

I know, a squad of Khalis/Higginbotham-esque players... Oh dear lord.

Sorry for the double post but there's a list here of 18 who are gone come the end of the season:

http://www.falkirkfc...rce=twitterfeed

McManus is the stand-out there, WTF did he need to do to earn a new contract? Bloom surprises me too.

Who's left at the club now?

Wondering if the ploy is to release the players and then re-sign some of them July/August.

This save the wages for couple months plus you bring them in on trial first and save another couple of weeks???????

It certainly looks bare and I fear what budget Pressley will have to bulk it back out.

As good as McManus has looked in flashes this season, I fully support the decision to let him go. There's no way we can gamble on a player who spent most of last season injured when money's so tight.

When I first seen that McManus is being released I thought it was ridiculous but I understand he is too big a gamble now, so it is probably a good thing.

He should have offered McManus a pay as you play deal. Maybe he did and McManus refused it, but more likely that the stupid f*cker is too thick to think of that.

Despite releasing 18 players, Falkirk still have a squad of 12.

I'm going to have to assume a lot of those 18 released were U-19s, because a squad of 30 just seems absolutely insane. Even if that 18 are replaced with 7 or 8 new players then next season's squad will be of a very good size, despite the loss of ten or eleven players.

Falkirk academy produces 2 Scotland under 21 goalkeepers for them then to be shown the door is an incredible decision and the top men who have mismanaged your club to near bankruptcy keep their jobs.

Having watched both these keepers for a season each I am unsure about Barclay but I think releasing Andrews is crazy as he has the potential.to be a top class keeper.

So on the assumption that Stewart does move on, that means we can play the rarely tried 5-5-0 formation with Twaddle in goals. lol.

The former 4th choice keeper, now first choice by default, came off the bench during the Derek Ure testimonial. Think he is a few years away from starting to shave and studying for his Standard Grades could interfere with training.