The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was only asking the question. I’m pretty sure the manager being on holiday wouldn’t have a major impact on signing players as I’d expect a lot of the targets are already lined up.

He might even have the internet, email or a mobile phone wherever he is on holiday ??

Nope. He is in the nick due to the shocking performances in the play offs . 14 days i heard

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It was never sold as anything more than a donation though with the option to DD your ST. 
I just don’t see why you are getting in such a lather about it. It will fail, I don’t blame the club for trying though. FSS has not suffered one jot and I have said that consistently from day one. 

The point was that It was never needed. As was previously posted and the real crux of my argument, the club could have just promoted the 1876 Club instead.

With reference to the FSS, there were several discussions at the time regarding its potential effect on new membership. Luckily that doesn't seem to have been the case.

In my opinion, the FF option shouldn't have gone ahead at all. The long suffering fans have helped the club out on numerous occasions for nothing in return. This just seems like another scheme to continue in that vein. 

16 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

The point was that It was never needed. As was previously posted and the real crux of my argument, the club could have just promoted the 1876 Club instead.

With reference to the FSS, there were several discussions at the time regarding its potential effect on new membership. Luckily that doesn't seem to have been the case.

In my opinion, the FF option shouldn't have gone ahead at all. The long suffering fans have helped the club out on numerous occasions for nothing in return. This just seems like another scheme to continue in that vein. 

Naebdy cares, mate. Naebdy cares.

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He's an East Fife fan you absolute brain donor.

Uv got a east Fife fan in your corner how embarrassing 😅😅

am a brain donor…how embarrassing for that needy brain person. He Will be phoning for 3 half’s grams o ching for a tun when he gets out hospital 

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He's an East Fife fan you absolute brain donor.

30 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It was never sold as anything more than a donation though with the option to DD your ST. 
I just don’t see why you are getting in such a lather about it. It will fail, I don’t blame the club for trying though. FSS has not suffered one jot and I have said that consistently from day one. 

You don’t know that though. How can you? There was someone on here who did say that they would consider joining FF when it started rather than FSS so if anything that’s evidence to the contrary. 

The point, which you do agree, is there is no need for the FF. I have said to some on the board my thoughts regarding it too but with the FSS now handing the club the £350k it’s a bit of a smack in the face to have a scheme that literally does the same thing as FSS now does. 

I appreciate the thought to try and capture those who somehow didn’t want to buy shares with the money but that facet is unnecessary now with the FSS soon to buy the last remaining shares. There’s no harm in closing it now and as Zbairn said and convert those on it to the 1876 club instead or try encourage them to join FSS.

5 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Uv got a east Fife fan in your corner how embarrassing 😅😅

am a brain donor…how embarrassing for that needy brain person. He Will be phoning for 3 half’s grams o ching for a tun when he gets out hospital 

image.gif.649b27ae5bfaeff13e91e3aa4ec630e5.gif

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

image.gif.649b27ae5bfaeff13e91e3aa4ec630e5.gif

Found some common ground tho, a feel the same with the Falkirk and east Fife fan having yer backs.  But I agree with you I am just noise and that’s how every poster should be talking.  Instead o some fantasy king  on a internet forum 

Off topic but if any of you chaps keeps a half eye on the juniors, cousin's boy has signed for Bo'ness after scoring 25 goals for Bathgate Thistle last season. Plays as a striker Ally McInnes. Might be one to watch

Just now, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Can someone please let me know when something is actually happening so I don't need to read all this pish. TIA.

Tbh I was thinking similar. It can be a decent thread but by f**k it can escalate into my dad's bigger than your dad really quickly. 

58 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I am not really disagreeing with you TBH about the scheme although I understand why the club would try something. I think you are being harsh saying the club was trying to con fans. Not a great scheme maybe but it was transparent what it was. I think that was at best the wrong turn of phrase. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

You don’t know that though. How can you? There was someone on here who did say that they would consider joining FF when it started rather than FSS so if anything that’s evidence to the contrary. 

The point, which you do agree, is there is no need for the FF. I have said to some on the board my thoughts regarding it too but with the FSS now handing the club the £350k it’s a bit of a smack in the face to have a scheme that literally does the same thing as FSS now does. 

I appreciate the thought to try and capture those who somehow didn’t want to buy shares with the money but that facet is unnecessary now with the FSS soon to buy the last remaining shares. There’s no harm in closing it now and as Zbairn said and convert those on it to the 1876 club instead or try encourage them to join FSS.

Simple maths. The FSS has grown since the launch of FF. Move on FFS. 
FF is not relevant nor is 1876 or whatever it is in the big picture. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

If the FSS have two seats on the board, why do they not change it then if it is that big of an issue?

3 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Stop playing semantics. The FF certainly didn't help the FSS cause when it was announced....

The club could have just promoted the 1876 Club as an alternative. 

There was absolutely no need for it. 

Would agree that there is little point to the FF scheme but to describe it as a con is a ridiculous and frankly insulting thing to post.

25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Simple maths. The FSS has grown since the launch of FF. Move on FFS. 
FF is not relevant nor is 1876 or whatever it is in the big picture. 

Move on? No need to be so patronising. Why do you get to decide what the topic of conversation is. If you don’t want to discuss it then say nothing. 

FF is relevant as it continues to be advertised when, even by your own admission, it’s worthless.

FF being scrapped would be a nice gesture to the FSS and make it less confusing to taking away any potential subscribers when advertised side by side. It’s hard enough work to get people to sign up without the existence of a duplicate scheme.