The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Given McGlynn talked about Mccann's height a fair bit last season and us having a lack of physicality it would be a surprise to see us sign another smallish fullback.

2 of Falkirk's all time great fullbacks were anything but tall Stewart Kennedy and John 'Tiger' McLaughlin. The latter headed more clearances off the line than anybody else I saw play for Falkirk and was the one who dished out the physical stuff.

Size has never dictated the quality of a fullback.

36 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

I’d have thought John McClown might’ve signed Kevin O’Hara now he’s released. 

The last thing we need is another striker who struggles to score goals. And O'Hara wasn't great first time around.

Edited by ebobsboy

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

2 of Falkirk's all time great fullbacks were anything but tall Stewart Kennedy and John 'Tiger' McLaughlin. The latter headed more clearances off the line than anybody else I saw play for Falkirk and was the one who dished out the physical stuff.

Size has never dictated the quality of a fullback.

I don't care what size they are but McGlynn's mentioned it a few times so that's why I doubt we'll be signing Hodson.

26 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't care what size they are but McGlynn's mentioned it a few times so that's why I doubt we'll be signing Hodson.

Stuart Kennedy... My boyhood bero. Standing in the north enclosure watching him sprint down the wing like an Olympic 100m runner... Doesnt  get mentioned enough  on these pages

47 minutes ago, richd said:

Stuart Kennedy... My boyhood bero. Standing in the north enclosure watching him sprint down the wing like an Olympic 100m runner... Doesnt  get mentioned enough  on these pages

Once was at a football night when the late great Davie Cooper was a guest.

Was asked what it was like to play against Stuart Kennedy.

Davie answered: Oh beating Stuart was simple - but! and it was a big but! it was on his terms and that means you were brought to a stop, you beat him where he wanted to beat you and you would not have gone more than a few strides before he was in front of you again. By then the likes of Simpson, Cooper, Miller were on your case so it was pass it backword's. Job done if you're a fullback.

It's hard to disagree.