The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Seen other clubs post on social media about ST take up, nada from FFC.  

Draw your own conclusions.   

I really don’t get this obsession every season with everyone needing to know how many season tickets we’ve sold.

Keep it quiet, keep the potential budget the manager might have as a result quiet. Less players/agents/other clubs know the better.

Why don’t you just make up a number and go with that.

Guest FFC1965
21 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I really don’t get this obsession every season with everyone needing to know how many season tickets we’ve sold.

Keep it quiet, keep the potential budget the manager might have as a result quiet. Less players/agents/other clubs know the better.

Why don’t you just make up a number and go with that.

I agree that it shouldn't be published, but the club has in previous seasons pretty much provided a running commentary so an update (or lack of it) will be the subject of speculation. 

If the figures are published its the most reliable barometer of fans confidence in the club hence my interest in the subject.

11 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

I agree that it shouldn't be published, but the club has in previous seasons pretty much provided a running commentary so an update (or lack of it) will be the subject of speculation. 

If the figures are published its the most reliable barometer of fans confidence in the club hence my interest in the subject.

The club seem to be keeping that update for the weekly Bairns View email on a Wednesday. I’d wager they may do something on Twitter/FB when we hit 1000, 1876, 2000 etc

Edited by RC55 FFC

Not been posting as much lately, but have to say given we’ve just been given a grant/loan of £350k to support fan ownership, some of the negativity on here is wild.

I’m pretty sure even if we won the league next season it wouldn’t be good enough because Nesbitt only had 3 assists after Xmas or Donaldson lost 62% of aerial duals.

Come on boys cheer up ffs.

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Going to miss you x

No you won’t. You and your mates will be in here stinking the place out regularly 

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Depends how you get on, would be exactly the same if reversed bbz x

I don’t think I can ever recall going on the “walking down where ever it is” forum 

Guest FFC1965

The weekly update appears to be going into my spam folder.  Just seen the latest one with the 750 figure being quoted.  I was relying on social media.  

I stand corrected ta.  

I was in the club shop today as I needed to speak to somebody in the community side. While I was waiting, I had a look at the training/leisure gear and I'm really impressed by it all. If the strips are similar, I may consider buying one.

To be slightly negative, I'd say its on the expensive side but that's maybe just me nitpicking in my old age and being a tightass

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

I was in the club shop today as I needed to speak to somebody in the community side. While I was waiting, I had a look at the training/leisure gear and I'm really impressed by it all. If the strips are similar, I may consider buying one.

To be slightly negative, I'd say its on the expensive side but that's maybe just me nitpicking in my old age and being a tightass

Is it just what they took pictures of or anything else from O’Neills in there? 

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

Is it just what they took pictures of or anything else from O’Neills in there? 

There were a few other tops, shorts, hoodies that I hadn't seen pictures of. 

That's not a dig at @Bainsfordbairn who would only have taken pictures of what the club wanted him to take pictures of. 

26 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

There were a few other tops, shorts, hoodies that I hadn't seen pictures of. 

That's not a dig at @Bainsfordbairn who would only have taken pictures of what the club wanted him to take pictures of. 

I think the kit had just arrived on the day MacIver was signed, so the girls in the shop put had together a few items for him to wear. It might have been pushing it asking him to model the entire range on the day he came in. 

Presumably the next signings will be asked to model a few items too. On the day the players return there'll obviously be shots of both them and the coaching staff fully kitted out. 

And before anyone asks, I have no idea when the next signing will be. My guess would be sometime next week after the management return from holiday. 

Going off on a bit of a tangent but the Falkirk Sunday amateurs who are associated through the Foundation have made the Central League Cup final and are playing this Friday night at Petershill Juniors. A big achievement after losing 4/5 players to East of Scotland football half way through the season.

If anybody is missing their football fix its a good chance to catch a Falkirk team in a final for a change! They also play in white shorts and red socks. It looks lovely 😉

Up against another local team from Denny who by all accounts are a very good young team so should be a cracker of a game.

May be an image of american football, football and text that says "ALL IN LEAGUE CUP FINAL FOUNGATION FALKIRK AFC VS CHECKBAR UNITED AFC FRIDAY 9TH JUNE 2023 KICK OFF- 7:30 PM Petershill Park 30 Adamswell Street, Glasgow G21 4DD ALKIRK FOUNDATION OBR.COM/UUMIT.CURFUTURE FUTURE OMMUNIT Entry £5"