The Falkirk FC Thread

https://twitter.com/falkirkdaft/status/1664878403944587265?s=46&t=6VA3nGSVOg2kCXVYF86a2g

MATCHDAY!!!

Oh wait, it’s not but we’ve 9️⃣0️⃣ mins worth of podcast for you this week…

🔵 EP: 46 - SEASON 22/23 REVIEW - Highlights, Lowlights, Players, formations, management, recruitment & who should STAY or GO? 🤔
⚪️ FALKIRK DAFT MEETS…THE FSS 👏🏻

📲 linktr.ee/falkirkdaft

IMG_2282.thumb.jpeg.730396d9307694f122f8cce264330aa7.jpeg

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Best of the PUMA strips for me were:

08/09 Away

IMG_6948.thumb.jpeg.f5aed2c8a8e088e6a726c52cbdebe098.jpeg

Home & Away from 15/16IMG_6970.thumb.jpeg.bdfda7bd372460f32df8d8142b27875d.jpeg

IMG_6968.thumb.jpeg.6acc3d678f296c34d25deb5943c6472d.jpeg

And finally the 18/19 Home shirt. Sadly tainted by Hartley’s shite but a cracking shirt. 
IMG_6980.thumb.jpeg.ba41c5e58ddfc90291dfe685f89dd76b.jpeg

I hated that last one. Looked like a heart monitor on the front. The white with gold was cracking 

18 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Best of the PUMA strips for me were:

08/09 Away

IMG_6948.thumb.jpeg.f5aed2c8a8e088e6a726c52cbdebe098.jpeg

Home & Away from 15/16IMG_6970.thumb.jpeg.bdfda7bd372460f32df8d8142b27875d.jpeg

IMG_6968.thumb.jpeg.6acc3d678f296c34d25deb5943c6472d.jpeg

And finally the 18/19 Home shirt. Sadly tainted by Hartley’s shite but a cracking shirt. 
IMG_6980.thumb.jpeg.ba41c5e58ddfc90291dfe685f89dd76b.jpeg

White with gold is probably in my top 3 Falkirk shirts ever along with the Hummel shirt that won the Podcast poll and the yellow 1970’s Bukta kit.

Puma are the 3rd biggest sporting goods manufacturer in the world and I always thought that there was a bit of cachet in having them as our kit supplier, compared to say Joma or Macron or O'Neills. Sure, we got lumbered with a couple of stinkers in the 20-21 and 20-22 efforts but we also had a couple of belters with the 15-16 and 19-20 strips.

I think where we are just now (3rd tier) we need to make sure costs are tight & we make as much money as we can from these sort of deals. I’d be keen to know if the Greaves deal outweighs doing it for ourselves. Maybe it’s value for money. 

I know how much we used to make on a shirt (from supporting the management committee for 2/3 seasons) and it wasn’t a lot of cash, so god knows what PUMA were charging in 2023. It’s no wonder the price hit £50 retail, prob just so the club made a bit on them. 

O’Neills produce in the UK/IRE I’m sure versus the PUMA Turkey factory. That will surely help with cost price, delivery timescale & minimum numbers that need to be ordered. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

2 best strips for me were both the red shoulder versions.  Hummel and memories of an amazing time to be a Falkirk fan and the Yogi season where we had Gow/Latapy/Stokes.  

Red shoulders please and elevate MacIvor, Allan and err Oliver amongst the greats!

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Guest Ecosse83

I noticed Partick were provided by Oneills when watching the game the other night and it looked a good quality kit. Not too worried about quality, I’m just hoping we don’t get a weird design like Ayr! 

Guest Ecosse83

The spine of that team in the gold effort 😍

Mccracken, Vaulks, Kerr and Miller and Baird up top. 

What I’d give for a wee p***k like Baird in the team right now! Exactly the type of character we badly need. 

Edited by Ecosse83

12 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The spine of that team in the gold effort 😍

Mccracken, Vaulks, Kerr and Miller and Baird up top. 

What I’d give for a wee p***k like Baird in the team right now! Exactly the type of character we badly need. 

Peter Grant at the tippy top of his talents, Luke Leahy pinging them in the top bin for fun, Will Vaulks landing balls on the end of folks big toenail from 75 yards away......

Tom Taiwo just being set to "tackle" mode for 90 minutes 😂

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Peter Grant at the tippy top of his talents, Luke Leahy pinging them in the top bin for fun, Will Vaulks landing balls on the end of folks big toenail from 75 yards away......

Tom Taiwo just being set to "tackle" mode for 90 minutes 😂

Ooft what a team that was! 

Certainly brings it home that the characters we once had and we were used to, were on a different level to the majority of shite we've had to endure over the past few seasons. No superstar’s, but guys that would give it 100% commitment, ownership, leadership, and accountability no matter who the opposition were.

Edited by Springfield

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Certainly brings it home that the characters we once had and we were used to, were on a different level to the majority of shite we've had to endure over the past few seasons. No superstar’s, but guys that would give it 100% commitment, ownership, leadership, and accountability no matter who the opposition were.

We really have fallen off a cliff in recent years.

Guest Brockvillenomore
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The guy who sponsors the club puts in good money. Leave it out FFS

I agree. The way CC were treated when their sponsorship was launched was pretty grim and I’d hoped we’d seen the last of it. 

11 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I thought some of the Puma strips were ok up until the last few seasons when they became pretty awful. Probably the best offering was the one with the landmark details on the sleeves imo, that was unique and not just a generic template. I just hope there isn't a giant carrot(slug) over the front of it this season. 

Aye, I'm sure our sponsors will be happy to take their logo off our shirts!