The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, MulsonFFC said:

image.thumb.png.fbb70eb4d08e6792d6553ba8fa54fa35.png

I mean, horrendous.

Jesus, minus the badges looks like the summer shirts my old man wore in 1970's from Marks and Spencer

Pale Blue can GTF on any Falkirk Strips or Training Gear

Terrible

2 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Jesus, minus the badges looks like the summer shirts my old man wore in 1970's from Marks and Spencer

Terrible

Remember this?

Chris Waddle: The Falkirk Years* (*Weeks) – Backpage Press

25 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I too am concerned about re-signing Oliver though.  Say we bring in 6 players - 2 will be keepers (most likely Jamie MacDonald and 1 other).  Wouldn't be shocked if we ended up with Spencer or Lang from Raith (or both).  That would be 4 down two to go and squad looking any more likely to win the league at that point?  

Exactly- all very well saying the squad isn’t finished but realistically we’re only looking at 4 or 5 outfield signings at most now.

In an ideal world they will all turn out to be nailed on starters but I’d be very pleasantly surprised if that turned out to be the case given our recruitment record over the last 6 or 7 years.

The situation upfront is particularly concerning imo.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

f**k me man. If you add 6 players good enough to start games, into a squad who came second last season how far away do you think we're going to be. 

We all know there's work to be done, we all know there's a bit of quality required but some folk and just letting absolute verbal diarrhoea spew forth here. 

spot on,  I'm sure I heard somewhere that McGlynn had a holiday booked over the weekend of the Scottish Cup Final(context being if we had got to the final his wife wouldn't have been happy to cancel it) so if he is on holiday then I'd expect f-all is going to be happening at the moment.  

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You said that they had been “almost completely bought out”. That’s absolutely not the case.

Might be splitting hairs here but the former MSG have went from owning 64% of the club to now closer to 10% give or take, with most of the individual members actually gone completely at 0%. I’d say it’s pretty significant, if you don’t agree that classes as “almost completely”out in the grand scheme of things then fair enough and I’ll just leave it at that but I would beg to differ.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, MulsonFFC said:

image.thumb.png.fbb70eb4d08e6792d6553ba8fa54fa35.png

I mean, horrendous.

Surely they are not going to try to sell that abomination!

Looks like something your dad would buy in the 70’s from BHS or Littlewoods before going on holiday.

ps sky blue on Falkirk gear is a no no.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

54 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Terrible

Was the training kit not the same colour last season? 

21 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

If we are indeed going with a squad of 21/22 not inc the young development players then here is my tuppence worth.

NEW GK 

———

Leon McCann

Brad McKay

Coll Donaldson

Sean Mackie

NEW RB

NEW CB

NEW CB

———

Stephen McGinn

Aiden Nesbitt

Callumn Morrison

Finn Yeats

Ola Lawal

Liam Henderson

NEW CM

NEW LW

NEW CAM

———

Alfredo Agyeman

Gary Oliver

Jordan Allan

Ross McIver

NEW CF

Plus the modern apprentices of which, 1 is a GK who could be on the bench. 

Really depends on what system McGlynn plans on playing next season but I'll give my opinion based on him sticking with his 4-2-3-1, most teams in our league play with a 5 in midfield so I don't see him changing from it.

Goalkeeper
New GK
New GK/coach

Owen Hayward (A)

Defender
New RB
New CB

Coll Donaldson
Liam Henderson
Sean Mackie
Brad Mckay
Leon Mccann
Logan Sinclair (A)

Midfielder
New Winger
New CM
New CM
New CAM

Stephen McGinn
Finn Yeats
Ola Lawal
Aidan Nesbitt
Callumn Morrison
Gary Oliver
Pearse Carroll (A)
Scott Honeyman (A)
Rhys Walker (A)

Striker
New ST
Alfredo Agyeman
Jordan Allan
Ross MacIver

For me this summer the midfields the most important place we need to sort, we're going to dominate the ball in the majority of games next season so we need players who are able to break down the opposition. More pace, energy and aggression is needed in there especially with McGinn resigning as someones going to have to be the legs for him. Hopefully a big year for Lawal he needs to be starting most games not wasting on the bench behind Gary Oliver & Aidan Nesbitt. I reckon we'll see Agyeman play out wide which leaves room for one more signing upfront.

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Don’t think this is completely accurate as think the patrons amount to 21% and FSS at 25% so will still just be short of the 50% however other than the Rawlins the rest of the shares are amongst Falkirk supporters. 

After this purchase you’re probably spot on mate. Happy to be corrected. You’ve landed on something there though. How do the other shareholders get involved. Something for the club or FSS to look at do you think? 

6 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

After this purchase you’re probably spot on mate. Happy to be corrected. You’ve landed on something there though. How do the other shareholders get involved. Something for the club or FSS to look at do you think? 

Probably limited in terms of what you can do with other shareholders. They will probably prefer to independently keep there shares or may well already be Patrons or members of FSS and prefer to keep the shares seperate. I have my own shares (a miniscule amount) but prefer to keep them seperate from my FSS contribution. Really it is just my ticket to the AGM.

9 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Would be great if the FSS could find a mechanism to unionise all the small shareholders, so many fans out there with small shareholdings that were effectively bought as a gift to the club, these could have been pulled and utilised positively at various points over the years but there was never a vehicle to get everyone under one umbrella. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Would be great if the FSS could find a mechanism to unionise all the small shareholders, so many fans out there with small shareholdings that were effectively bought as a gift to the club, these could have been pulled and utilised positively at various points over the years but there was never a vehicle to get everyone under one umbrella. 

That’s what I was trying to say. Cheers. I have a few hundred and would happily give them to the FSS to be my proxy come important votes. 

14 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

That’s what I was trying to say. Cheers. I have a few hundred and would happily give them to the FSS to be my proxy come important votes. 

I’d do the same with the few I have in my name as well. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.