The Falkirk FC Thread

I said on the podcast recently that if someone came in for him I wouldn’t stand in his way. It’s not knocking his contribution in a Bairns shirt but for me, we need far more consistent players, like that lot in Fife had last season.

Maybe he would be more consistent in a better overall team but I’m not sure I’d bet on it as his tantrums & flaky form at points in the season (which we’ve seen for 3 seasons now) says a lot about him I think.

Hopefully he can be a consistent high performer this season as we need it. And more like that. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

These takes are absolutely fucking wild. How can you have any expectations whatsoever until you have some idea of who is coming in?

Because the players we’ve brought in are nothing special, and the players we’ve retained are mostly crap. 

7 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

Because the players we’ve brought in are nothing special, and the players we’ve retained are mostly crap. 

Do you have a crystal ball? I’m guessing approximately another 6 players or so to be added still, are you telling me they are all crap regardless? Think I’d prefer to wait and see who they are at least and god forbid but maybe even wait and see how they perform on the park? (and for what’s it’s worth I actually think Ageman is an excellent signing) 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

9 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Do you have a crystal ball? I’m guessing probably approximately another 6 players or so to be added still, are you telling me they are all crap regardless? Think I’d prefer to wait and see who they are at least and god forbid but maybe even wait and see how they perform on the park? (and for what’s it’s worth I actually think Ageman is an excellent signing) 

Am I talking about being a future reader here? I’m discussing what we have which at the moment is worrying to say the least. I’m not going to pass judgment on signings we’ve not made yet. 

2 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Am I talking about being a future reader here? I’m discussing what we have which at the moment is worrying to say the least. I’m not going to pass judgment on signings we’ve not made yet. 

What he have at the moment is not a full squad, by anyones interpretation. 

7 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

In McGlynn we trust fear not he's won promotion twice one being handed to him due to a global pandemic. 

I actually think the biggest problem with Morrison is that we've been far too reliant on him, so when he doesn't perform its painfully obvious and teams know if they shut him down, they shut us down. 

The truth is that with 12 goals and 8 assists in the league last season he's comfortably one of the best players in the division and replacing that level of contribution will be very difficult.

If we are entertaining bids I hope the club is making it very clear that failure to gain promotion this year could have a significant impact on the club and that means his price isn't some paltry sum. 

14 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

I actually don’t see the point of passing judgement on an incomplete squad at all when it’s quite obviously not going to be the squad we end up with when the season is in full swing. 

6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I actually don’t see the point of passing judgement on an incomplete squad at all when it’s quite obviously not going to be the squad we end up with when the season is in full swing. 

Well the 6 or so players we’re going to bring in are going to have to be very good to make up for how weak the squad is at the moment, that’s the issue. 

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The thing is we have 14 players signed as it is (plus the possibility Paul Watson will be offered a contract). You are therefore relying on all of the remaining signings being starters, which is a big ask.

Airdrie bodied us in the playoffs, looking at Accies in the playoff final they would have bodied us aswell all over the park. Now if you want to pretend that the likes of Nesbitt, Donaldson, Oliver and co can stand up to that to win a league then your kidding yourself on. Too many shitebags not enough winners. 

10 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Kinda is though or at least a fair bit of it.

f**k me man. If you add 6 players good enough to start games, into a squad who came second last season how far away do you think we're going to be. 

We all know there's work to be done, we all know there's a bit of quality required but some folk and just letting absolute verbal diarrhoea spew forth here. 

10 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The thing is we have 14 players signed as it is (plus the possibility Paul Watson will be offered a contract). You are therefore relying on all of the remaining signings being starters, which is a big ask.

A couple of players can make a team.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

We got rid of Jaime Wilson so anything is possible.

You think so? There was so much chat last season about McGlynn’s ability to shift the deadwood still under contract, and the only ones he shifted were Seb Ross and Wilson in January.

None of our “surplus to requirements” are going anywhere any time soon……….and in truth, McKay, Morrison and McCann are the only non McGlynn players still on the books, and he certainly won’t be open to getting rid of his own signings.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Whilst we still need to sign a bit more quality this summer there's no doubt this fourteen would scud last years fourteen 10-0.

Mckay
Yeats Donaldson Mackie Mccann
McGinn Henderson
Morrison Lawal Agyeman
MacIver

Vs

Wilson
Nesbitt
McGuffie Hetherington Ross Morrison
Mccann Watson Mckay Williamson
Martin

14? You reckon a 10-0 with McKay in goals and Donaldson and Mackie as centre halves?

43 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

f**k me man. If you add 6 players good enough to start games, into a squad who came second last season how far away do you think we're going to be. 

We all know there's work to be done, we all know there's a bit of quality required but some folk and just letting absolute verbal diarrhoea spew forth here.

A distant second I might add. McGlynn will sabotage us. Absolutely no faith in the guy sorry. He's not the right bloke to take us forward and he will get found wanting again imo.

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Airdrie bodied us in the playoffs, looking at Accies in the playoff final they would have bodied us aswell all over the park. Now if you want to pretend that the likes of Nesbitt, Donaldson, Oliver and co can stand up to that to win a league then your kidding yourself on. Too many shitebags not enough winners. 

Kinda is though or at least a fair bit of it.

We were told Mcglynn is going to run with a senior squad of around 22 players plus apprentices. We currently have 14 players signed FFS and it’s only the 2nd of June! 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

21 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

We were told Mcglynn is going to run with a senior squad of around 22 players plus apprentices. We currently have 14 players signed FFS and it’s only the 2nd of June! 🤦‍♂️ 

We've got folk arguing that a squad of 14 players isn't good enough to win a league despite literally nobody ever suggesting we will even play a single match with said squad. I get it's close season and we're all bored but honestly.... Give me fucking strength. 

No idea if it holds any water or not but a St Mirren fans just told me we are in for Joe Shaunesy who’s just been released by them. He’s been playing almost always as a center half at St Mirren apparently but I seem to remember either Houston or Presley playing him as a right for us during a wee loan spell? If true I’m guessing he’ll probably have offers further up the pyramid anyway. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.