The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

Oh well another season of watching Oliver’s wayward shots during the warm ups 😂

Ive got a feeling Mcglynn might change things up and go 352 and try and shitfest our way to the league, I’d absolutely take that right now if it worked! 

Edited by Ecosse83

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I see your CEO tried (and failed) to reply to Brad Spencer’s tweet about him leaving us. IMG_5133.thumb.jpeg.4b7e57ca91b0196e9b89584f6cdf3177.jpeg

Perhaps he simply wanted to reply:

I'll 

Spoiler

... look forward to you correcting your horrendous grammar and misuse of capitalisation. 

31 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Our current squad is a bag of shit. The new signings have to be really good but plenty of time yet. 

6 or 7 more in and things can look very different. Pleased McGinn is staying.

I'd love to see Calumn Morrison leave too. His stats aren't bad but he fucking annoys me. 

I totally agree, if it was a choice between Kai and Morrison, I would take Kennedy.

2 hours ago, Ryan-FFC said:

That squad is worryingly guff. Especially in our biggest season given we could be part time if they fail again. 

It’s the 1st of June FFS. 

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Hughsie said:

The general consensus is that the squad is guff yet we have folk wanting rid of Morrison. 

Who do folk think we’re going to get in like?

It’s baffling that folk want rid of Morrison 😂

I’ve never hidden the fact I don’t like Morrison, I know his stats aren’t bad but I just can’t take to him. He misses more chances than he converts, one on one with the keeper then my money more often than not is on the keeper, his decision making isn’t great and his final ball isn’t the best either.

I know he’s a fans favourite and he’s probably the best we can get in League One but I think it speaks volumes that this will be his 4th season with us as he has found his level. 

Football is all about opinions though and if we all felt the same it would be a boring world.

Whilst we still need to sign a bit more quality this summer there's no doubt this fourteen would scud last years fourteen 10-0.

Mckay
Yeats Donaldson Mackie Mccann
McGinn Henderson
Morrison Lawal Agyeman
MacIver

Vs

Wilson
Nesbitt
McGuffie Hetherington Ross Morrison
Mccann Watson Mckay Williamson
Martin

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, Ryan-FFC said:

And? The current remains of that squad still look shit (barring a few of them) 

Thats my POV currently - it may change with better signings. 

You said we could be part time if they fail again. Does the season start tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve never hidden the fact I don’t like Morrison, I know his stats aren’t bad but I just can’t take to him. He misses more chances than he converts, one on one with the keeper then my money more often than not is on the keeper, his decision making isn’t great and his final ball isn’t the best either.

I know he’s a fans favourite and he’s probably the best we can get in League One but I think it speaks volumes that this will be his 4th season with us as he has found his level. 

Football is all about opinions though and if we all felt the same it would be a boring world.

Are…are you complaining that Morrison isn’t good enough to not be playing for us?

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

But that gets me is he was bleating on about conceding too many goals. If your keeping the entire defence that played a significant part in that then how does he hope it's going to get better? A new keeper who is decent will help but when you have a combination of Donaldson/Mackie/McKay in front of you they are still going to gift chances and goals. Is Watson going to be the saviour if he gets fit and earns a deal in pre season I don't think so. He needs to try and shift more imo especially when we are a bit top heavy at centre half if you factor in Henderson. 

How though? There's no way someone like Brad McKay will get another full-time deal after the last 2 years he's had. And even if he did, it would be significantly lower wages, so why would he agree to leave?

2 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

How though? There's no way someone like Brad McKay will get another full-time deal after the last 2 years he's had. And even if he did, it would be significantly lower wages, so why would he agree to leave?

We got rid of Jaime Wilson so anything is possible.

1 minute ago, Ryan-FFC said:

The ceo said that. I’m repeating what he said. If we don’t get better in and win the league - it was said that part time would be looked at. All I meant is we currently need better than we have as that core is not winning this league. 

No one thinks that squad is winning the league. My point is the season is barely over and it seems like you’re looking for a full squad already. Cool the jets, there’s plenty of time. 

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Nope, I’m saying that I think League One is his level and if he was better he wouldn’t be at Falkirk.

If he was out of contract he'd be away. I've no doubt someone in the championship probably would take a punt on him . The fact we would be wanting I reckon circa 100k for him (I'm not saying he's worth that by the way) if someone wants him the now will mean he won't be going anywhere.