The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm not enamoured by it. But I'm not necessarily overly worried by it. 

What does concern me a wee bit is that we have something of a core of players who were second to Dunfermline who really put in a tremendous record last season. But we don't have a core of player to go and do that themselves yet. We need Cove and Hamilton to be incapable of putting in a season like that. That's not ideal

But we are all agreed, from here on out we need to sign starters. 

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

It's "we're blue, we're white, we're f*cking dynamite'

not, "we're blue, we're white, oh and a wee bit of red, we're f*cking dynamite"

Red rhymes too well with “shit the bed…”, just saying.

14 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

But that gets me is he was bleating on about conceding too many goals. If your keeping the entire defence that played a significant part in that then how does he hope it's going to get better? A new keeper who is decent will help but when you have a combination of Donaldson/Mackie/McKay in front of you they are still going to gift chances and goals. Is Watson going to be the saviour if he gets fit and earns a deal in pre season I don't think so. He needs to try and shift more imo especially when we are a bit top heavy at centre half if you factor in Henderson. 

These guys are under contract, unless someone wants them then there is no alternative but to keep them. What do you want him to do?

Also a new Gk, RB and CB (all of which are guaranteed to be on the shopping list) and the defence has a completely different look to it. If they turn out to be shite then it’s a problem but why don’t you at least wait and see what the defence actually looks like before moaning about it. 

Who's moaning? McGlynn signed them bar McKay and McCann, you couldn't really say Leon had a bad season he certainly kept Mackie away from his spot for the most part who was meant to be our new left back but was gash. But I'll roll with it let's see. 

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Oliver is OK as a squad player and can be used quite effectively in certain matches. I’ve no problem with him sticking around for another year in that context.

If the plan is to use him in the same way as we did for the majority of last season then we’re in bother.

We will be near enough ready to go if the SPFL start up a new “Squad League”.

2 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

I would think the current 14 might see one or two move on (such as Callum Morrison & one of the current central defenders) so the six additions would grow accordingly 

Probably but losing Callum Morrison and Kai Kennedy from last seasons squad and giving Oliver an  extension does not seem positive to me.

Its early doors though.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Probably but losing Callum Morrison and Kai Kennedy from last seasons squad and giving Oliver an  extension does not seem positive to me.

Its early doors though.

Agree we need at least one more natural wide man if CM sold as I suspect Agyeman has  been signed to play there rather than through the middle. I also would hope that any fee received for Morrison would be reinvested in quality  replacement 

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Its early doors though.

Aye exactly this. Those 2 probably had the most goal involvements of any players in our team and I wouldn't be surprised if they had 30-50% between them. 

Squad is looking really quite poor at the moment. I hope he has some really half decent signings lined up. Let's not forget the mentality of the majority of those who remain from last season. They just don't have it in them.

Quite happy for McGinn to stay around. He had some pretty decent games but other times just as mediocre as the rest. We need more. I didn't see a big captains performance from him on the horror show that Tuesday night.

Oliver certainly wont be the difference in us getting promoted.

Edited by Hartleys18/19Army

I think we’re desperately going to miss Kai Kennedy, he was the only player capable of creating chances and beating players. He scored a few as well. This team so far looks as bad as last season so don’t expect much. 

Edited by Balde Bairn

INTERVIEW WITH FSS OUT NOW 

🆕🎙️FALKIRK DAFT MEETS….
@FalkirkfcSS 

FSS are set to become the LARGEST shareholders in @FalkirkFC after it was granted a £350k interest free loan from the Scottish Government.

On to explain it all & answer the BIG questions is Paul Robertson. 

📲 linktr.ee/falkirkdaft

IMG_2249.thumb.jpeg.347072c8e0fe3750b330420c5eea816c.jpeg

IMG_2260.thumb.jpeg.2ec9c5e9f7cdf4d31d66ee137c6ecd55.jpeg

Our current squad is a bag of shit. The new signings have to be really good but plenty of time yet. 

6 or 7 more in and things can look very different. Pleased McGinn is staying.

I'd love to see Calumn Morrison leave too. His stats aren't bad but he fucking annoys me. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

As mentioned McGlynns got a few weeks to get better players signed. Hopefully he’s done the hard work and players are waiting on contract ends etc. like many have highlighted, the players retained frighten the life out of me. Shite bags that shamefully/pathetically folded and couldn’t even muster a fight in the return playoff game. Unfortunately can’t see McGlynn finding four or five leaders that we are desperately needing as it looks like at least half of those retained, will be on team sheet.

6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'd love to see Calumn Morrison leave too. His stats aren't bad but he fucking annoys me. 

Come off it man. If John can find a winger to match his goal contributions then fair fucks but i’m telling you it’s not going to happen