The Falkirk FC Thread

Looking at what we’ve got leftover, it’s my opinion that McCann, Donaldson (pre Christmas) McGinn, Henderson, Lawal, Morrison and Ageymang would strengthen every other team in the league.

Upgrade in goals, right back, 1 CB, 1 midfield and 1 striker and we win the league. Don’t do that and we won’t.

It all comes down to recruitment for me. 

56 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Looking at what we’ve got leftover, it’s my opinion that McCann, Donaldson (pre Christmas) McGinn, Henderson, Lawal, Morrison and Ageymang would strengthen every other team in the league.

Upgrade in goals, right back, 1 CB, 1 midfield and 1 striker and we win the league. Don’t do that and we won’t.

It all comes down to recruitment for me. 

The midfield requires a rebuild. It's the part of the team that has been posted missing when the going got tough. Either not protecting the defense not supplying the forwards or just being dominated.

McGinn maybe has one season left. Henderson is either in midfield or the defense chopping and changing does not work. Yeats should start the season and has the potential to nail down a place. Carroll showed potential so should be in and out as he develops.

Require 3 possibly 4 signings of a style to compliment what's already on the books.

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

So running about like a headless chicken then. Don't break out with his effort can't be faulted, that's a generalisation that could be aimed at just about every player. Nesbitt has, can and will go missing, he is not busting a gut unless it suits him. Don't doubt it. 

Dont know how you’ve managed to quote something I literally never said

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

I won't. Stopped after the pathetic shitshow in the playoffs. 

It's more than one interview it's quite a lot if you watch them back 

There is taking the piss and there is the repetitiveness of this, it isn't particularly funny and it won't get any more funnier.

I'm not a fan of him, but it needs dropped.

8 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

If Oliver re signs it will just make me despise McGlynn even more. Hopefully he decides to move on, I can't see many takers for him. The fact Nesbitt got handed a two year deal would suggest he's going to be more than a squad player. If that were the case you'd have offered the p***k a one year deal and said take it or leave it, and I'd have been praying for the latter. 

8 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I wouldn't have either but Pingu has already ruled one out. I hope he's not got the pen out ready to complete the set. 

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I won't. Stopped after the pathetic shitshow in the playoffs. 

It's more than one interview it's quite a lot if you watch them back 

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

So running about like a headless chicken then. Don't break out with his effort can't be faulted, that's a generalisation that could be aimed at just about every player. Nesbitt has, can and will go missing, he is not busting a gut unless it suits him. Don't doubt it. 

Totally proportionate and reasonable series of posts here. I’d maybe find something else to do on a Saturday if I was you.

18 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not a massive fan of McGlynn’s style of football however to say you ‘despise’ him is a bit much. He comes across as a decent guy and lots of player at Falkirk and previous clubs speak highly of him.

His actions during the Goodwillie saga are not the actions of a decent guy, he's an absolute cock. 

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Iv never heard it till some of the fifers started it after he made a small motion with his arms in an innocuous interview that somehow upset them. 

Aye, everyone was very upset while laughing at his post match interviews. 

The flapping arms, the corners, nobody died. Very upset. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

His actions during the Goodwillie saga are not the actions of a decent guy, he's an absolute cock. 

And still upset, apparently

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Remember when you accused a Falkirk fan of making up the fact your fans sing a song about Craig Gowans? 

Bellend.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Remember when you accused a Falkirk fan of making up the fact your fans sing a song about Craig Gowans? 

Bellend.

Yep, still never heard a Pars fan sing that, still never been a post on a match thread saying anyone had heard it either. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Yep, still never heard a Pars fan sing that, still never been a post on a match thread saying anyone had heard it either. 

Yes. Doubling down is certainly the sensible way to go here 🙄

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes. Doubling down is certainly the sensible way to go here 🙄

I reckon Bairnardo, if I were to accuse Falkirk fans of doing something horrendously vile, that didn't match the experience that you, or anyone you knew had, you wouldn't simply accept my word as gospel. We're just going over old ground with that though. 

14 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

The problem with this is that they would not have strengthened either Airdrie or Dunfermline this year or the two teams that went up last up last year in Cove and QP, if Falkrik want out this league that's the benchmark

2 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

The problem with this is that they would not have strengthened either Airdrie or Dunfermline this year or the two teams that went up last up last year in Cove and QP, if Falkrik want out this league that's the benchmark

Aye? I'd say most of them would've got into either Airdrie or Dunfermline. 

We tried to sign Ageyman in January so McPake thought that he was worth something. 

Pre Christmas Donaldson was in the top two cbs in the league. I would've taken him. 

Morrison had a very good number of goal involvements, I'd rather have had him than Mochrie for example. 

I wouldn't have taken the centre mids but then I've never seen Lawal start so I have no idea if he's any good. But Henderson wouldn't play above Hamilton and I'd take Chalmers over McGinn. 

However you finished a decent amount of points above Airdrie despite having McGlynn so it's pretty wild to suggest that none of your starting players would've played for them.

16 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

A horrendous take. Someone's getting a little carried away with finally winning a playoff game.

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye? I'd say most of them would've got into either Airdrie or Dunfermline. 

We tried to sign Ageyman in January so McPake thought that he was worth something. 

Pre Christmas Donaldson was in the top two cbs in the league. I would've taken him. 

Morrison had a very good number of goal involvements, I'd rather have had him than Mochrie for example. 

I wouldn't have taken the centre mids but then I've never seen Lawal start so I have no idea if he's any good. But Henderson wouldn't play above Hamilton and I'd take Chalmers over McGinn. 

However you finished a decent amount of points above Airdrie despite having McGlynn so it's pretty wild to suggest that none of your starting players would've played for them.

He's an Airdrie fan (appreciate you may be posting on app where you can't see that).

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

A horrendous take. Someone's getting a little carried away with finally winning a playoff game

I think you might be right @Skyline Driftergoing up after 10 years has made me picture the current Airdrie team like prime Brazil in my head so probably not best placed to judge

Guest Ecosse83

Anyone know when the new strips are out? Going on holiday at the end of June and the wee fella wants to be kitted out for it!