The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I'm not into reminiscing today. I spent £850 at the Bairns Business Club do at the Leapark yesterday on Crunchie related stuff, I think. Looking forward to getting that bill.

Nice one. What did you get? 

Couldn’t make it along this year sadly due to family reasons. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

IMG_2250.thumb.jpeg.9eb90d14b22c651464d49322a6dca918.jpeg

For no real reason other than reminiscing 💙

Now tell me that’s a life size cardboard cut out (like oor Brad), and I will be well impressed.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

IMG_2250.thumb.jpeg.9eb90d14b22c651464d49322a6dca918.jpeg

For no real reason other than reminiscing 💙

His first 3 games for Falkirk he was meh,then Killie away I was SCREAMING CROSS IT,but in typical Stainrod fashion he just scored instead 

The rest is history,I have been lucky enough to watch us since 1979 and seen some fantastic players.

I brought my son up as a Falkirk fan and when my 1st grandson was born my son went well dad you ruined my life making me support Falkirk you may as well ruin his lol

Long may it continue,

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Luton in the premier league. Fucking class an absolute old fashioned stadium, that teams will hate coming to. Can see a few upsets next season! Reminds me of brockville 

Luton were relegated to the Conference League in 2009 and spent 5 seasons there before being promoted to League 2 in 2014. 4 seasons in League 2, 1 season in League 1, 3 seasons in the Championship and now the Premiership. 9 years from non-league to the Premiership. Amazing stuff. Hats off to Luton!

Meanwhile, we've spent 4 seasons fannying about in League 1. 

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Luton were relegated to the Conference League in 2009 and spent 5 seasons there before being promoted to League 2 in 2014. 4 seasons in League 2, 1 season in League 1, 3 seasons in the Championship and now the Premiership. 9 years from non-league to the Premiership. Amazing stuff. Hats off to Luton!

Meanwhile, we've spent 4 seasons fannying about in League 1. 

The club has shown what can be achieved with having the right people upstairs and a decent manager. Well done Luton.

11 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

f**k off Gary Oliver.

I’m no a big Oliver fan but I’m going to give another take on the situation. I think he gets a lot of abuse from us, myself included because he was sold to us as a striker who would bag us goals when he plainly isn’t. I don’t think he’s a horrendous footballer however, his hold up play and ability to link the midfield is decent. I think a lot of the issues with Oliver was down to McGlynn and his persistence of playing him up top on his own.

I’m away to look out the old tin hat for the abuse coming my way 😩

Good luck to Ross MacIver but in truth he struggled with us and was one of the reasons we just scraped into the play off. I would have freed him and are somewhat surprised he has turned up at Falkirk.  A return of 6 goals for the season. 

Last season when Sammon was off it no one else carried threat for us . Good luck but not disappointed to see him leaving the Recs . Being honest guys . 

3 minutes ago, Oweny said:

Good luck to Ross MacIver but in truth he struggled with us and was one of the reasons we just scraped into the play off. I would have freed him and are somewhat surprised he has turned up at Falkirk.  A return of 6 goals for the season. 

Last season when Sammon was off it no one else carried threat for us . Good luck but not disappointed to see him leaving the Recs . Being honest guys . 

Alloa would have sailed into the playoffs bodying all comers if it wasn't for Ross McIver 🤣

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

f**k me, there's plenty to criticise the club for in recent years but iv genuinely no clue why the English playoffs have suddenly become a shining beacon for where Falkirk FC have failed 🤣

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Alloa would have sailed into the playoffs bodying all comers if it wasn't for Ross McIver 🤣

No get yer hole last night Bairnardo?

27 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m no a big Oliver fan but I’m going to give another take on the situation. I think he gets a lot of abuse from us, myself included because he was sold to us as a striker who would bag us goals when he plainly isn’t. I don’t think he’s a horrendous footballer however, his hold up play and ability to link the midfield is decent. I think a lot of the issues with Oliver was down to McGlynn and his persistence of playing him up top on his own.

I’m away to look out the old tin hat for the abuse coming my way 😩

I don’t think Gary Oliver is as bad as made out but for me he has to be moved on to make way for a new singing.

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t think Gary Oliver is as bad as made out but for me he has to be moved on to make way for a new singing.

No chance. McGlynn will play 6 goal Oliver and 6 goal MacIver as a two up front pairing and then blame it on the fans when they don't score enough goals.