The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Waspie said:

He's solid enough and great in the air but I wouldn't say he's a typical target man or battering ram style striker, he isn't exceptionally tall. His real strength is linking up with a quick partner. Have a look at the second half here against Montrose last season where he gets 3 assists for Euan Henderson. This was a particularly good day for him and against a weakened Montrose team but shows what he is capable of. This and a fine ability to find teammates with flick ons. Hope he gets a fair chance at Falkirk, he is a hard working player. 

Wouldn't mind Henderson & Sena also coming our way.

Just now, Balde Bairn said:

You’re missing the point, we know what we’re getting with Maciver so no point speculating to what level he’ll reach with us. He’s also 24, not 18. 
I’m also not just talking about this signing. Some fans were saying the same stuff when we signed Gary Holt’s son, a boy who was never ever going to be close to full-time. Our fans have complete false optimism with signings that are underwhelming to rotten. 

Who was saying the same about Holts son?

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

£85 TFS Car Park Charges for next season.

The council must be pissing themselves laughing at the club.

How do you know the money goes to the council? 

The council own everything upstairs, but we get free use of it on a matchday. (source a director on a podcast)

I have no idea if the same applies to the carpark but if does then the £85 is a revenue-earner for FFC which costs us nothing. 

In fact now that I think about it a bit more, I doubt the council are involved. Otherwise there would surely be charges to park there during the week instead of one day a fortnight. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

3 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

This “give the boy a chance, he’s not put the jersey on yet” doesn’t really work. 

If a guy turned up to Falkirk who’d spent 10 years at the Shire and was released for not being good enough, then I wouldn’t need to wait to see how they play for Falkirk to know he’s way off the mark.

This is pish.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Who was saying the same about Holts son?

Exactly I think most people were saying can't believe Holt's signed his fecking son.

I reckon we'll bring in another forward on loan too to give us options.

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Exactly I think most people were saying can't believe Holt's signed his fecking son.

We already have Maciver, Allan, Oliver and Agyeman there and we know McGlynn will play one up front so I’d be surprised to see any further signings there.

31 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's the midfield that requires a major rebuild because it's been next to non-existent in some games. Get it right there then there are more chances created for the forwards and more effective in stopping the opposition from getting to the defenders.

Incoming a Goalkeeper, Right Back, Center Back then the rest are midfielders. If we can punt some of the contracted players already on the books all well and good and leaves the door open for another positional signing

5 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Do you remember when we were relegated to League One? One of the pivotal moments that sent us down came at Palmerston. We were winning the game and had we done so we'd have climbed out of the relegation zone and gone above QOTS for the first time all season. 

We ending up drawing, because of what I thought was a blatant dive by Lyndon Dykes. 

Lyndon Dykes, who scored 10 goals in 86 appearances for QOTS. Roughly one goal in 9 games

A far worse record than MacIver scoring 6 goals in 30 for Alloa, or one goal every 5 games. 

I think you'ld agree that Dykes has done pretty well for himself since then.

Would you care to guess how old he was when scored that goal? Six months short of 24. 

Dykes managed to improve to be more than good enough. I'm willing to give MacIver the chance to do the same. Maybe you should too. 

BB dishing out the telts, you love to see it 

25 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We already have Maciver, Allan, Oliver and Agyeman there and we know McGlynn will play one up front so I’d be surprised to see any further signings there.

With agyeman more than likely to play Kennedy's position and us  not knowing what's happening with Oliver as yet then I reckon we' ll still bring in another forward later in the window . As to one up front who knows but with Allen and MacIver there I don't think it will be one up top next season.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

£85 TFS Car Park Charges for next season.

The council must be pissing themselves laughing at the club.

Do you have no self-awareness? 

People are pissing themselves laughing at you. 

59 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

My point is that the money goes to the council.

Nice easy money for them with little effort.

If the council wanted to charge for parking at TFS they would be charging for it 7 days per week and not just when Falkirk play at home, there would be barriers up and a machine to take payment. 

Nobody's forcing anybody to pay for parking.