The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Alegria is 3 or 4 years younger and had played 60/70 games less than Maciver as well so more room for improvement. Not sure what improvements folk are expecting a 24 year old to make 😂

I don't know if this statement is a wind up? So players just plateau at the age of 24? What a wild thing to say.

Guest Ecosse83
23 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

I don't know if this statement is a wind up? So players just plateau at the age of 24? What a wild thing to say.

wild thing to say, my goodness 😂🤦‍♂️

Most of the ability is there by 24, I don’t think he will now improve enough to be good enough! Not that hard to understand! 

Edited by Ecosse83

10 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

wild thing to say, my goodness 😂🤦‍♂️

Most of the ability is there by 24, I don’t think he will now improve enough to be good enough! Not that hard to understand! 

You don’t think a 24 year old will improve enough to be a Scottish 3rd tier player? Wow

10 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Ayr getting papped 6 zilch now on aggregate , imagine getting your arse handed to you that bad in a play off game, what a brasser 🤔

It would have been worse for Ayr if it was already pretty disgraceful for a club of their stature to be in their division at all.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It would have been worse for Ayr if it was already pretty disgraceful for a club of their stature to be in their division at all.

Hang on there now.... We don't get to say shit like that, so we certainly can't be getting beaten with it. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Some posters on here get slaughtered if we dare call ourselves a big club in this division but it’s now ok for you to use the fact we are a big club in relative terms so you can shove our recent failures down our throats ? I give up man! 🤷‍♂️

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Some posters on here get slaughtered if we dare call ourselves a big club in this division but it’s now ok for you to use the fact we are a big club in relative terms so you can shove our recent failures down our throats ? I give up man! 🤷‍♂️

Yep it's a conundrum isn't it? 😂

29 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Do you remember when we were relegated to League One? One of the pivotal moments that sent us down came at Palmerston. We were winning the game and had we done so we'd have climbed out of the relegation zone and gone above QOTS for the first time all season. 

We ending up drawing, because of what I thought was a blatant dive by Lyndon Dykes. 

Lyndon Dykes, who scored 10 goals in 86 appearances for QOTS. Roughly one goal in 9 games

A far worse record than MacIver scoring 6 goals in 30 for Alloa, or one goal every 5 games. 

I think you'ld agree that Dykes has done pretty well for himself since then.

Would you care to guess how old he was when scored that goal? Six months short of 24. 

Dykes managed to improve to be more than good enough. I'm willing to give MacIver the chance to do the same. Maybe you should too. 

Don’t think there’s any supporter not wishing the guy good and we all hope he hits the ground running and scores bagfuls of goals.
Have we got time to develop and improve a guy in this critical season? 
The statement from the BOD more or less spells it out very clear that anything other than promotion will see our club facing the abyss of either hybrid or PT football next season.
I’m hoping that there’s still others to come in, that are better than someone with a very average career so far, but hey ho if he’s got the main gig, we just need to hope he comes good.

Guest Ecosse83
44 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Do you remember when we were relegated to League One? One of the pivotal moments that sent us down came at Palmerston. We were winning the game and had we done so we'd have climbed out of the relegation zone and gone above QOTS for the first time all season. 

We ending up drawing, because of what I thought was a blatant dive by Lyndon Dykes. 

Lyndon Dykes, who scored 10 goals in 86 appearances for QOTS. Roughly one goal in 9 games

A far worse record than MacIver scoring 6 goals in 30 for Alloa, or one goal every 5 games. 

I think you'ld agree that Dykes has done pretty well for himself since then.

Would you care to guess how old he was when scored that goal? Six months short of 24. 

Dykes managed to improve to be more than good enough. I'm willing to give MacIver the chance to do the same. Maybe you should too. 

Fair enough, it’s a rare occurrence to improve at that age the way Dykes did but it does happen, hopefully for our sakes Maciver does the same 🤞

9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Fair enough, it’s a rare occurrence to improve at that age the way Dykes did but it does happen, hopefully for our sakes Maciver does the same 🤞

I don't have anything to back up what I'm about to say, but thankfully there's no way you have anything to contradict it.....

Here goes then. 

Is it f**k, a rare occurrence that football players improve their game at the age of 24.