The Falkirk FC Thread

Guys lose confidence coming here? He’s a twenty four year old, he’s bounced about a few clubs.

Maybe we are just going for the wrong players. Sorry but I do agree that in any walk in life we can always improve, but at 24 in football you’ve either got it or you don’t. We are literally at the most critical period the club have faced but we’ve signed a guy that’s wanting to improve, FFS gimme a break. The problem with our club is that we are constantly signing average players that won’t get us up. 

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

I can’t find this anywhere on either the club website or FSS site but is there an explainer anywhere on how to sign up for the monthly ST payments for FSS members?

It was certainly there on the ticketing section of the main site. Pretty sure I was offered the option on which way to pay.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I wonder if we have jumped the gun a wee bit here thought with McIver. Looks like Ayr are staying down and I'd think maybe Akinyemi might look for a move?

If he’s looking for a move it will be up a division or down to England. Certainly not dropping down the Scottish divisions to play for us! 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I wonder if we have jumped the gun a wee bit here thought with McIver. Looks like Ayr are staying down and I'd think maybe Akinyemi might look for a move?

What colour is the sky on the planet you live on out of interest?

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

If he’s looking for a move it will be up a division or down to England. Certainly not to us! 

I think Bairnardo is taking the piss in light of folk on here questioning the calibre of signings a Scottish League One side should be making 😁

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think Bairnardo is taking the piss in light of folk on here questioning the calibre of signings a Scottish League One side should be making 😁

Sorry, my mistake. The comment is in line with some of the actual stuff posted on here recently tho so you’ll forgive my mistake. 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I wouldn’t want him, he can’t control his temper.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bit too aggressive for my liking.

Guest Ecosse83
36 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think it’s totally wrong that folk have made negative comments on the clubs twitter feed about signing MacIver, there’s more than a fair chance he will have read the comments. No wonder players don’t do well with us and go on and produce the goods when they leave us, we don’t help ourselves. Going by his Falkirk TV interview the guy is clearly chuffed to be joining us, I just hope he realises the majority of our fans will support him and give him a fair chance.

Every single club in the planet is the same, from what I’ve seen most of the negative comments on Twitter are from supporters of other clubs anyway. If any player on the planet lets a few wee negative comments on Twitter affect then they are probably in the wrong job anyway. 

FWIW I’ve been negative on here about the signing but I’ve never once given a player abuse at a game, I do always try and back them but I’m allowed to vent my opinion on here! My gut feeling is it’s just another bad signing, hope I’m wrong! 

25 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Guys lose confidence coming here? He’s a twenty four year old, he’s bounced about a few clubs.

Maybe we are just going for the wrong players. Sorry but I do agree that in any walk in life we can always improve, but at 24 in football you’ve either got it or you don’t. We are literally at the most critical period the club have faced but we’ve signed a guy that’s wanting to improve, FFS gimme a break. The problem with our club is that we are constantly signing average players that won’t get us up. 

The issue for me is we don’t have room to bring in yet more bang average players on 2 year deals. 

We are only looking at maybe 5 or 6 more signings (if Morrison, McGinn and Oliver all re-sign) and for me, these will pretty much all need to be guaranteed starters.

I suspect Watson may well get a new deal too.

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Every single club in the planet is the same, from what I’ve seen most of the negative comments on Twitter are from supporters of other clubs anyway. If any player on the planet lets a few wee negative comments on Twitter affect then they are probably in the wrong job anyway. 

FWIW I’ve been negative on here about the signing but I’ve never once given a player abuse at a game, I do always try and back them but I’m allowed to vent my opinion on here! My gut feeling is it’s just another bad signing, hope I’m wrong! 

You could be right and he could be mince, I can understand fans being sceptical after some of the pish we have signed in the past 4/5 seasons, fingers crossed he will be decent.

Next season is your fifth in a row in League One, and that follows two seasons of finishing in the bottom 3 of the 2nd tier.

At some point thats going to catch up on you in terms of who you can attract.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Next season is your fifth in a row in League One, and that follows two seasons of finishing in the bottom 3 of the 2nd tier.

Half-genius GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Navy blue pounds still strong af.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A wee pie chart for Agyeman and another shot of Maksym Kucheriavyi please. 

I can't afford to pay you.