The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

couldn't agree more, Far too much a sensible post this sort of post shouldn't be tolerated. hang your head in shame for not ridiculing the lad or demanding we sign Messi 

Just silly. I’m sorry for being fucking raging at signing another bang average bloody player! 

The acceptance among our support is frightening. We’re well and truly fucked IMO

Edited by Ecosse83

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Just silly. I’m sorry for being fucking raging at signing another bang average bloody player! 

The acceptance among our support is frightening. We’re well and truly fucked IMO

I'm astounded you can call someone a bang average player having only seen them 3 times but at the same time can't given an opinion on who was a good player in those 3 games.

As 'it was only 3 games'

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm astounded you can call someone a bang average player having only seen them 3 times but at the same time can't given an opinion on who was a good player in those 3 games.

As 'it was only 3 games'

Stats show me he’s bang average 

Rumarn Burrell only managed 12 goal contributions in the league last year, playing for a team who create a lot more chances than Alloa and finished 2nd in the league.

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

What would you accept? a 20 goal a season striker? If you want one of them we are fishing in the East/West of Scotland leagues and asking them to play 3/4 levels above themselves and hit the ground running. 

Have a bit of realism. 

Edited by latapythelegend

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Were you happy with the griffiths signing?

No was a disgraceful waste of funds and that was my opinion when he signed 

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Rumarn Burrell only managed 12 goal contributions in the league last year, playing for a team who create a lot more chances than Alloa and finished 2nd in the league.

Didn’t rate Burrell that much anyway tbf but he’s younger with more promise

12 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

What would you accept? a 20 goal a season striker? If you want one of them we are fishing in the East/West of Scotland leagues and asking them to play 3/4 levels above themselves and hit the ground running. 

Have a bit of realism. 

I do have realism, signing a striker from a team that finished below us that barely scored worries me though

14 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Who do people who are ridiculing this signing actually want. 

Who is a realistic striker we could sign that these guys would be happy with

The only real options up here for a physical striker I can see were Innes Cameron, Tommy Goss, Todorov, Ouzy See and Ross MacIver.

Obviously that could change as the season gets closer and players fall out of favour but it's slim pickings in our position. There's always the chance you could bring in a unknown player from down south but look at how Francis & Ompreon turned out.

No was a disgraceful waste of funds and that was my opinion when he signed 

Didn’t rate Burrell that much anyway tbf but he’s younger with more promise

I do have realism, signing a striker from a team that finished below us that barely scored worries me though

Who would you rather we signed? 

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Who would you rather we signed? 

Not sure mate, there will be loads of options come up in the next month or so it’s not even June yet. There might have been the option of a decent loan coming in from a team higher up. 

If Mcglynn plays him up front himself next season we’re done already! 

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Based off what he's saying he probably wouldve wanted sammon because he scored a good amount

Maciver will be lucky to get a sniff at the career Sammon has had. And no I don’t want us to sign him! 

I’m no going to say all (I’ve seen some of the messages left on the signing announcement yday which were out of order) but the vast majority of us want all our signings to do well. 

it’s surely perfectly normal though when the previous record isn’t all that great, the team we took him from aren’t too fussed to be sceptical and we had/have a striker who scored more and done the same job and he was slated all season. 

our strike force (as it stands) is MacIver, Allan & Oliver. Do you think that wins us the league? I’m no sure. 

I’d love to be wrong, in fact hope I am. I wish the boy the best, hope he finds his feet quickly and he can develop into a sellable asset. 

5 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

I’m no going to say all (I’ve seen some of the messages left on the signing announcement yday which were out of order) but the vast majority of us want all our signings to do well. 

it’s surely perfectly normal though when the previous record isn’t all that great, the team we took him from aren’t too fussed to be sceptical and we had/have a striker who scored more and done the same job and he was slated all season. 

our strike force (as it stands) is MacIver, Allan & Oliver. Do you think that wins us the league? I’m no sure. 

I’d love to be wrong, in fact hope I am. I wish the boy the best, hope he finds his feet quickly and he can develop into a sellable asset. 

Alloa fans saying he was one of their top players last season and are sad to see him go

Sorry, this idea that you can’t criticise a signing because we “can’t attract better options” is ludicrous. 

Maciver is 24 and has been full time at 3 clubs, so there is a record there to look at. He is not a player fresh from academy football or getting a first opportunity to go full time.

I can see nothing in his record at Alloa or previous clubs to suggest he has the ability to be part of a title winning side. Further signings will need to add real quality to the starting 11 in my view or it will be playoffs at best.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

1 minute ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Alloa fans saying he was one of their top players last season and are sad to see him go

There are also others saying “he’d be the last of our four strikers to get a deal” and others elsewhere saying not too fussed.

Not all comments attributed to p&b