The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

McIver is making the move to Full Time here I assume? Forgive me if I've got that wrong. But if he has showed good potential in being the exact type of player we need, at a club who had a good season, then surely folk can recognise that there's big potential for him to take a big step by becoming a full time footballer?

He’s the third player this year who has been full time, dropped to part time and now moving back to Fulltime ( Alfie, Allan and MaCiver)

11 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

On the plus side it's a joy to play on the new astro turf pitch while they are new. I have a feeling you will see much better football at home for the next few years.

Think this is a good point. I'd far rather have grass as I think AstroTurf football is always lower quality but playing on new stuff has to be appealing rather than the worn end of life pitch we've had.

Be interested to see the difference.

8 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Well he played with Stranraer before he was at queen's did he not and if he as you think stays in the central belt  and not down that way then he'd have to travel there and back two or three times a week which is a right stinker of a journey . 

Do you think Stranraer players tend to live anywhere near Stranraer?

Unless they happen to be from there originally, they don't.

Few takes on this before Nesbitt got his 2 year deal and went back to doing a Charlie Teller impersonation (anonymous) he was up there with most assists not to mention the fact he was in League 1 team of the year my take on that is offering him the 2 yr deal on the back of the stats makes sense which if anyone elsewhere was looking makes him a saleable asset, getting any sort of money for Nesbitt would be a no brainer in my opinion.

Secondly for moans of the new signing I'm happy to give the guy a chance and as mentioned McGlynn must see something in him as far as potential goes or he wouldn't have been signed as mentioned numerous times, we lack a physical presence in the team which is something that has kept us in this league for too long.

and the 3rd point no matter who we sign lets face it they aren't going to be good enough we could sign Messi and someone would still pipe up that he is shit. We seen what happened at the unveiling of Hartley's heroes that took us into this league and when they were unveiled as looking like "players" but unfortunately that's where it stopped with the exception of Brough who is the only one I would give any sort of pass marks to and admit was a Bairn

34 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Few takes on this before Nesbitt got his 2 year deal and went back to doing a Charlie Teller impersonation (anonymous) he was up there with most assists not to mention the fact he was in League 1 team of the year my take on that is offering him the 2 yr deal on the back of the stats makes sense which if anyone elsewhere was looking makes him a saleable asset, getting any sort of money for Nesbitt would be a no brainer in my opinion.

Secondly for moans of the new signing I'm happy to give the guy a chance and as mentioned McGlynn must see something in him as far as potential goes or he wouldn't have been signed as mentioned numerous times, we lack a physical presence in the team which is something that has kept us in this league for too long.

and the 3rd point no matter who we sign lets face it they aren't going to be good enough we could sign Messi and someone would still pipe up that he is shit. We seen what happened at the unveiling of Hartley's heroes that took us into this league and when they were unveiled as looking like "players" but unfortunately that's where it stopped with the exception of Brough who is the only one I would give any sort of pass marks to and admit was a Bairn

Agree on Nisbet, he had a very decent season overall. Finished the season with the highest number of assists in the league and was selected by his fellow peers to be in the team of the year. His form did drop of toward the end of the season as was the same for a number of our players but during that mid season spell he was arguably our best player and it was at that point he was offered the new deal, probably in part due to other clubs sniffing around I’d guess.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Agree on Nisbet, he had a very decent season overall. Finished the season with the highest number of assists in the league and was selected by his fellow peers to be in the team of the year. His form did drop of toward the end of the season as was the same for a number of our players but during that mid season spell he was arguably our best player and it was at that point he was offered the new deal probably due to other clubs sniffing around I’d guess.

I'm sorry but I'm not having that, I've said it before but the majority of his assists were from corners in the first half of the season, since January he only got 2 assists and 3 goals in the league. 4 of which were actually in January and the other was the goal against Dunfermline in the 2-2 game.

His main attribute is his energy which obviously helps us press teams but he's not going to win you games. Wouldn't of minded him staying on for another year as a squad player but a 2 year deal was madness as he shouldn't be a starter.

I like many others was willing to swallow my previous criticism and give Nesbit credit for some good games mid season, but he did in fact revert to type and the 2 year deal is nonsense. He should have been allowed to depart for me, or a 1 year deal at a push.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Out of interest who was their best player in your opinion? 

I have no idea who their best player was last season I seen them play 3 times 

Nesbitt is nowhere near as bad as some on here make out - 1st season granted he was stinking like everyone else. 

As has been pointed out highest number of assists for us - doesn’t matter if they came from corners, long punts whatever. The energy he brings to the team is much needed - I was surprised he was in TOTY. His form like everyone else around him badly tailed off. Worth a 2 year deal? No. We don’t need security there, no one’s battering the door down looking for Aidan Nesbitt and he’s no leaving a cushy number here. Worth a 1 year deal in my opinion. 

Paying for Allan (not playing him plus he doesn’t fit mcglynns style), 2 year deal for AN, and a 2 year deal for a striker who has 7 goals in last 39 appearances. We’re chucking money away still. 

Edited by Ryan-FFC

22 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Nesbitt is nowhere near as bad as some on here make out - 1st season granted he was stinking like everyone else. 

As has been pointed out highest number of assists for us - doesn’t matter if they came from corners, long punts whatever. The energy he brings to the team is much needed - I was surprised he was in TOTY. His form like everyone else around him badly tailed off. Worth a 2 year deal? No. We don’t need security there, no one’s battering the door down looking for Aidan Nesbitt and he’s no leaving a cushy number here. Worth a 1 year deal in my opinion. 

Paying for Allan (not playing him plus he doesn’t fit mcglynns style), 2 year deal for AN, and a 2 year deal for a striker who has 7 goals in last 39 appearances. We’re chucking money away still. 

With respect totally disagree with your assessment on Nisbett. He downed tools season before last with some others that are still here. That was a sacking offence. Hit a bit of form mid season and gets handed a two year deal. Absolutely bizarre, as was the timing. He’s nothing short of a fan dancer we can ill afford. Players like Nesbitt have failed to get us promotion and we reward with another two years. Already posted that the signings so far are at best average…………..

15 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I thought he was Alloa’s best player last season. At least he is someone who has taken a step back to get games and deserves another crack at FT. As others have said a good foil for Jordan. We have to add goals to his game though. 

Based on what?  The handful of times you saw him play against us? 

I know you feel the need to defend everything that goes on at FFC these days but that's just daft.

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

With respect totally disagree with your assessment on Nisbett. He downed tools season before last with some others that are still here. That was a sacking offence. Hit a bit of form mid season and gets handed a two year deal. Absolutely bizarre, as was the timing. He’s nothing short of a fan dancer we can ill afford. Players like Nesbitt have failed to get us promotion and we reward with another two years. Already posted that the signings so far are at best average…………..

I said he was stinking and didn’t merit a 2 year deal. also I wasn’t posting about signings being average I posted about our money still being spunked away - one of the examples I gave was even a 2 year deal for Nesbitt. 

Edited by Ryan-FFC

1 minute ago, Ryan-FFC said:

I said he was stinking and didn’t merit a 2 year deal. also I wasn’t posting about signings being average I posted about our money still being spunked away - one of the examples I gave was even a 2 year deal for Nesbitt. 

I posted about the average players, and agree that we’re throwing good money (at bad) away, thanks 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I like many others was willing to swallow my previous criticism and give Nesbit credit for some good games mid season, but he did in fact revert to type and the 2 year deal is nonsense. He should have been allowed to depart for me, or a 1 year deal at a push.

The 2 year deal and the timing of it were both strange. I don't imagine many clubs were challenging for his signature and given his time at us it's unlikely to be the case another year down the line. 1 year deal as a squad player or let him walk imo.